Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning
I'm going to spend 1 month in Colorado to do trail running. I'm waiting for news from Talon garage to change the protection plates on the BADLAND SASQUASH + HOSS 3.0 + PROCAL ETC....
TRACKTOY
Sponsored

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imogene Pass was my first ever trail as a near-total newbie (see profile pic).

I went pretty slowly and methodically and didn't tickle the skids or rock rails once.

The next day I did Mineral Creek and gave them a good whack, though! It was a much tougher trail.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done Imogene a couple times. Have seen stock Subaru Forresters at the summit, along with a Mildly lifted Miata.

You should be totally fine with zero modifications.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doing Imogene Pass and some other nearby trails this July with some friends. I have not done Imogene, but I had understood it to basically be an overland trail with the only complicated thing being some narrow shelfs. Something along the lines of Chicken Corners in Moab. I was honestly thinking it might be rather boring on the technical side but some nice views and a good opportunity for our friend who just got a Wrangler Sport to get his feet wet. Am I wrong?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing Imogene Pass and some other nearby trails this July with some friends. I have not done Imogene, but I had understood it to basically be an overland trail with the only complicated thing being some narrow shelfs. Something along the lines of Chicken Corners in Moab. I was honestly thinking it might be rather boring on the technical side but some nice views and a good opportunity for our friend who just got a Wrangler Sport to get his feet wet. Am I wrong?
I don't think you'll have a problem. IMO none of the famous trails around Ouray/Silverton/Lake City are that challenging except maybe Black Bear and Peoghkeepsie (there's now a bypass), which I didn't do or see. Mineral Creek, if you don't have clearance and probably skid plates, avoid that one.

Just take your time and remember the big flat rock at the top before you go up to the pass is called poser rock... Imogene is nice since it also takes you to Telluride, although your wallet will take a punch on that side.

Sponsored

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As others have said, you don't really needs skids on Imogene or Ophir. But you will on Mineral Creek. Black Bear (if open) is mostly skid-free as well. I did all of these in a Grand Cherokee with a 3" lift and all-terrains, and never needed 4-Lo. But Mineral is rough and craggy.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks @userdude . Funny you mention Black Bear, that is my to-do item when we talked about Imogene. I will check out Peoghkeepsie and Mineral Creek as possible options as well.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I going to be doing Imogene Pass this summer. I have a laundry list of upgrades for my Wildtrak that I am workimg on.

Will I need my skid plates installed by then or will I be fine without them?
Unless Imogene has gotten significantly harder in the last 5 years, you’ll be totally fine. Don’t think I even scratched my skid plates in mild lifted 4runner. Beautiful trail that’s well worth it. A stock wild track will have no problem.

Reactions: Dog

Gray_Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Super Duty, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which direction do most people take on the trail? Or which direction is preferred? Ouray to Telluride? Telluride to Ouray?
Sponsored