Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks. I'm at 12k and the only thing that bugs me is this weird creaking sound coming from the back at slower speeds on rougher roads-can't figure that one out. Other than that, its been great!
put some felt on your tailgate where it meets the back window and that will go away
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear about problems for any Bronco.

I avoided this thread at first thinking it was going to turn into a bitchfest, but after 6 pages I'm actually pleased with the amount of good comments about their Bronco, kept me reading this far and posting this.

It's really easy to take all the bad news and fret about it, it's good to hear about others good luck too.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang. Sorry to hear that. I assume this is an honest review of your own Bronco. I hope these are isolated and not across the board. Just picked up my 2023 badlands sas high package and im only at 600miles and loving it. But at the same time. I am hearing stories left and right similar to yours and thinking its only a matter of time before it starts happening to me. It seems inevitable but hoping that they have worked out some of the issues since 2021. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you can get out of it and not be too under on it.
It is isolated for the most part. He either has a total lemon or he didn't know what to expect from a Bronco as far as noise goes (though he says he had a jeep).

I have he exact same build...Badlands/SAS/LUX/Soft Top and will hit 20K miles in a few weeks at most. The OP obviously got one of the bad engines (mine was smack dead in that timeframe also but I have been lucky so far).

For me, even after about a year and a half of ownership, 20K miles, 12 hr. non-stop road-trips through summer heat at 100 F degrees doing 90 mph plus the majority of the time (I did stop for fuel and snacks and don't judge the speeds - speed limits are 80 mph out west here.), and I've done the Rubicon and hundreds of miles more off-road trails in my pretty much stock sasquatch badlands, mine has been flawless (knocking on wood right now!). Not a single issue except for self inflicted trail damage and a broken windshield. In fact this has been the most fun and enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. Don't get discouraged.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is isolated for the most part. He either has a total lemon or he didn't know what to expect from a Bronco as far as noise goes (though he says he had a jeep).

I have he exact same build...Badlands/SAS/LUX/Soft Top and will hit 20K miles in a few weeks at most. The OP obviously got one of the bad engines (mine was smack dead in that timeframe also but I have been lucky so far).

For me, even after about a year and a half of ownership, 20K miles, 12 hr. non-stop road-trips through summer heat at 100 F degrees doing 90 mph plus the majority of the time (I did stop for fuel and snacks and don't judge the speeds - speed limits are 80 mph out west here.), and I've done the Rubicon and hundreds of miles more off-road trails in my pretty much stock sasquatch badlands, mine has been flawless (knocking on wood right now!). Not a single issue except for self inflicted trail damage and a broken windshield. In fact this has been the most fun and enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. Don't get discouraged.

This is what I love to hear!!! Thank you. I also have Badlands, Sas, MIC, High pkg (2023). Similar build as yours. Seems like we traded out tops and you have lux. Cheers 🍻!!!! I have no complaints so far really. But again i am just cracking 1k miles.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds perfect. Could you message a pic and some details?
I somehow doubt this is what you are looking for. The three speed column shift has worn bushings and levers, it does require a bit of finesse when shifting. On the plus side, it does not grind or whine and it does not have any loud noises emitting from it and the old two speed wipers, no smart ones for this oldie, work flawlessly. A bit of wind noise, needs new door seals, however, oddly enough no squeaks or rattles. The interior seat is torn, covered it with a cheap seat cover, installed a new rubber floor mat, did a quick patch on a small bit of floor board rust. Has a bit of minor rust along the top of the windshield just above the drip rail, covered that with aluminum tape. The bed has a bit of rust, changed out the bed door for an off color door but it looks cool that way, I did put disc brakes on the front and new brake lines, older drums sacred me a bit. Installed seat belts, the thought of that solid column steering wheel shaft driving into my chest at speed is a bit scary! I installed petronix in lieu of points, starts nice, idles smooth, but drips a small bit of oil from the front timing cover, never got around to changing that gasket. Installed a nice bluetooth custom sound radio and hands free phone. This has never been restored, its a Florida truck I've had for years. Not a restored vehicle by any means, just keep patching it up as issues pop up, it runs like a champ.

Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Essentially, it's the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned and my first vehicle (38 years ago) was a Ford Pinto.

At 7k miles I had to have a motor put in it. Right now it's in the shop again for the following reasons:

The soft top is falling apart; getting a new one installed.
New front drive shaft from the recall.
Low washer fluid indicator has never worked. (The service advisor tried to tell me it didn't have one because my Badlands w/ Sas & Lux was too low end of a Bronco.)
The rattles are so bad my wife had to wear headphones coming back from Texas last week.
And the biggest issue, in my head, it literally sounds like it's gonna blow up when you get up to 85mph.

I had a 95 Jeep Wrangler for 10 years, all sorts of mods done to it. This 2021 vehicle has the same shitty build quality, it's louder, and it's just a complete disappointment.

Bitch session over. Good luck, all.
goodbye-bye.gif

OP
OP
Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I somehow doubt this is what you are looking for. The three speed column shift has worn bushings and levers, it does require a bit of finesse when shifting. On the plus side, it does not grind or whine and it does not have any loud noises emitting from it and the old two speed wipers, no smart ones for this oldie, work flawlessly. A bit of wind noise, needs new door seals, however, oddly enough no squeaks or rattles. The interior seat is torn, covered it with a cheap seat cover, installed a new rubber floor mat, did a quick patch on a small bit of floor board rust. Has a bit of minor rust along the top of the windshield just above the drip rail, covered that with aluminum tape. The bed has a bit of rust, changed out the bed door for an off color door but it looks cool that way, I did put disc brakes on the front and new brake lines, older drums sacred me a bit. Installed seat belts, the thought of that solid column steering wheel shaft driving into my chest at speed is a bit scary! I installed petronix in lieu of points, starts nice, idles smooth, but drips a small bit of oil from the front timing cover, never got around to changing that gasket. Installed a nice bluetooth custom sound radio and hands free phone. This has never been restored, its a Florida truck I've had for years. Not a restored vehicle by any means, just keep patching it up as issues pop up, it runs like a champ.
Sounds like a great, old truck to me.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got one for you! (22500 miles) Badlands 2021 non sas, 2.3 auto. Had to take it in once for some brake sensor, near the beginning of the purchase. After that nothing bad to report. Had a 350 lbs black bear peel open the left rear of my soft top and busted it, it still works even with the puncture marks and snapped cable. Used the insurance money to buy a JCR soft top roof rack and a roof top tent. Happy as can be and will keep this forever. Was worried if I bought the 2.3 it wouldn’t be enough. Turns out I was way wrong. If I’m going 85 mph it’s a seriously bad day and means someone’s chasing me and I forgot my SIG at home.

If I had your experience I would sell and run too! Sorry you went through that.
Ford Bronco Impressions at 25,000 miles. 0A4CB779-5E74-4C43-95F5-D4A9F6DCB120
Ford Bronco Impressions at 25,000 miles. 4D74ABF5-18B8-4F37-855F-0462AB165567
Ford Bronco Impressions at 25,000 miles. A03F9E1E-B016-484B-985A-33E0E008B1A9
Ford Bronco Impressions at 25,000 miles. 93DEC42D-6A2F-40A3-A0A4-8EA3E6E72C92

OP
OP
Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got about 21,000 miles on my 4dr BL non-squatch, and aside from replacing a transfer case module I've had no problems at all. Lots of road trips from SLC Utah to San Diego, LA and Vegas with nothing but happy faces all around.
What was the symptom that lead to the transfer case module being replaced?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I love to hear!!! Thank you. I also have Badlands, Sas, MIC, High pkg (2023). Similar build as yours. Seems like we traded out tops and you have lux. Cheers 🍻!!!! I have no complaints so far really. But again i am just cracking 1k miles.
I will say I am a little ocd about maintenance. First oil change at 1K, then at 5K and every 5k after. Also just serviced the diffs and change air filters yearly. Nothing crazy but always ahead of service manual recommendations. And I keep it as clean as possible inside and out and keep all rubber gaskets on the doors, windows, and top clean and lubed with silicone grease (goes along way to keeping squeaks and noises at bay). I will know if things are leaking right away.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta visit this turnpike @Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

If 85mph is the speed limit what are people averaging? Sounds wild in OK

Seriously though, sucks to hear you've gone through this much trouble. 10k miles on my '21 2.3L and enjoying it since the day I picked it up

OP
OP
Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta visit this turnpike @Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

If 85mph is the speed limit what are people averaging? Sounds wild in OK

Seriously though, sucks to hear you've gone through this much trouble. 10k miles on my '21 2.3L and enjoying it since the day I picked it up
The turnpike was actually 80, people usually go 89. The 85 mph speed limit was in south Texas. 90 ended up being slow there.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Bronco has spent more time at the dealership than my driveway at this point but that's mostly because or part constraints and it's a wiper issue. I hope it's a one and done.
Sponsored