Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also had this issue, I got the angry wrench and CEL (waste gate stuck) after 180 miles. I dropped off my car at the dealership last night. It sounds like these things are taking up to a week to get addressed. I'll keep everyone updated on my experience.

EDIT: while driving my car to the dealership I was getting 0-1lb of boost, probably due to limp mode being active.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealership has had mine for a week so far and Part is still on back-order

nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got my car back from the dealership the next day . The mechanic cleared the code, and test drove it. They released the car and told me to drive it. If the code came back then they will order a new turbo for me and call me when it arrives so they can install it. Then I get in my car to leave the dealership, and the CEL is still there. I went inside to tell the mechanic and he was surprised, but told me the same thing. They’ll order the part and I should just keep driving the car. Waiting for that call now.

EDIT: My friend's dad is a mechanic at a ford dealership in Louisiana. The father told us that Ford came out with a message about the turbo issue yesterday. For Broncos delivered December 12th 2021 and after, with 2.3L motors. Mechanics are to clear the code and road test it under load then release to customer if issue no longer presents.

nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update today (330miles on odo) the CEL went away after normal commuting for about 100 miles. Turbo is responding better, got 8lbs of boost in 2nd gear and 11lbs of boost in 4th. 7lbs when accelerating in 6th.
Sponsored