Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had this issue but it only happened in 4A. If I drove in 4A it would dump the transfer case into 4H. I could still drive in 2H, 4H and 4L so it wasn't any issue for me really. The dealer had to order a transfer case control module I think which took about a month to get in. I still went off roading while I waited but then once they replaced it right and I haven't had an issue since and I've been back in 4A since we had some snowy/icy conditions again.
Mine wasnā€™t drivable.Couldnā€™t even turn the steering wheel. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø And I donā€™t have 4A. Seems like a lot of these are cropping up though so Iā€™m starting to wonder how many of us there are with this type issue.
Sponsored

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Engineering contacted my dealer with a couple things to try. So we shall see in the morning.

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@JonD3531 I was gonna message you tonight and see if youā€™d heard anything. The Ford HQ customer service rep is supposed to touch base with me tomorrow so Iā€™ll see what she has to say.

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@JonD3531 I was gonna message you tonight and see if youā€™d heard anything. The Ford HQ customer service rep is supposed to touch base with me tomorrow so Iā€™ll see what she has to say.
Fingers crossed

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No updates for me today. How bout you?

Sponsored
OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No updates for me today. How bout you?
šŸ˜‘

the parts still didnā€™t come in. So I guess thatā€™s also a no update. The Ford Rep didnā€™t tell me anything other than that she had talked to my service rep at the dealership and they were still waiting on parts.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
šŸ˜‘

the parts still didnā€™t come in. So I guess thatā€™s also a no update. The Ford Rep didnā€™t tell me anything other than that she had talked to my service rep at the dealership and they were still waiting on parts.
It's getting a little frustrating.

I hope Ford does us right with all this stuff happening.

Woooo Saaaaaa

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 1644365443639

At this point Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re worse off because you havenā€™t actually taken delivery yet, or if I am because Iā€™ve paid for a car Iā€™m not drivingā€¦. Like hello Fordā€¦

JonD3531

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Bronco Towed at 310 Miles - Powertrain Malfunction/Service Vehicle/Check 4x4 1644365443639

At this point Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re worse off because you havenā€™t actually taken delivery yet, or if I am because Iā€™ve paid for a car Iā€™m not drivingā€¦. Like hello Fordā€¦
You are definitely worse off. And at least you have a Bronco to drive.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I picked up my Bronco last Friday and on Saturday at 190 miles I got Service Vehicle Soon and Check 4x4 warning lights. I pulled over and contacted my dealer. Was able to clear the warnings by restarting and drive home. Sunday morning when attempting to back out of the garage I got them again, along with Powertrain Malfunction/Reduce Power warnings sent to the app. Additionally, I was unable to shift to 4H, and could barely turn the steering wheel. It has now been sitting at the dealership (who has been pretty great about everything) waiting on a response from Ford. Has anyone else had anything similar?

just wondering ..any particular reason you were in 4A on dry pavement?

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just wondering ..any particular reason you were in 4A on dry pavement?
I wasnā€™t. I donā€™t even have 4A. As far as Iā€™m aware it was in 2H, which is the default.

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are definitely worse off. And at least you have a Bronco to drive.
Which is the only saving grace at this point. I feel like since Iā€™ve purchased mine they have some accountability to me, but even though youā€™re stuck with just as long of a wait they might be like, weā€™ll itā€™s still our carā€¦. This is definitely a case of sucks all around.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t have a ton to update but this is where Iā€™m at with mine.

Weā€™ve gone from a software & networking issue to ordering a front drive axle due to solenoid that engages the front axle being bad. As evidenced by the fact that disconnecting it and reconnecting cleared the error.

Which sounds a lot like we unplugged it and plugged it back in so that must be it to me. I donā€™t speak car mechanics but this is sounding a lot more involved. Comments? Advice? Crayon pictorials of what a drive shaft and a solenoid is?
A solenoid in this case refers to a solenoid actuator and is an electrically driven pin:
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/io/io_6.html has a good cross section image of it.

When you put electricity across the electromagnet, it drives the pin to engage it. That may be how the transfer case clicks in.

The driveshaft is the part that transfers power from the transfer case forward to the front wheels or rearward to the rear wheels.

This video does a good job explaining different types of 4WD
he has a whole subsection on drivetrain which is useful.

OP
OP
abbydiver

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A solenoid in this case refers to a solenoid actuator and is an electrically driven pin:
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/io/io_6.html has a good cross section image of it.

When you put electricity across the electromagnet, it drives the pin to engage it. That may be how the transfer case clicks in.

The driveshaft is the part that transfers power from the transfer case forward to the front wheels or rearward to the rear wheels.

This video does a good job explaining different types of 4WD
he has a whole subsection on drivetrain which is useful.
Thatā€™s helpful stuff! Iā€™ll watch these. If theyā€™re referring to an electrically driven pin that may help connect the dots on how we got from a computer glitch last week to replacing the front axle this week.
Sponsored