Sponsored

In LOVE with the Bronco! Want to leave car...

OP
OP

ASS_FIN_DIR

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m curious, are you an Associate Finance Director or an ass finder? Makes a big difference in what you should be driving.
LMAO, BRO, the user name is short for ass finder! Although, a nice rack is also nice. I work blue collar trades. Electrician here.
Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello All,

I highly desire a Bronco. Either a BD or OXB trim. I currently own a 2022 Honda Civic. The seats are very uncomfortable after my long commute to and from work. 38 miles and 1 hour commute time. And this car sits so damn low!

I live in the midwest, and the winters are brutal. The Civic slides all over. The only thing this car has going for itself is the mpg. I'm averaging 30 to 32 mpg.

I am 40 years old, Male. I never about anything nice or cool for myself. Man I would love a Bronco especially for the winter.

Would it be idiotic to let the Civic go and get me a Bronco?

Thank you!
Your MPG's will be a LOT less than the Civic.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LMAO, BRO, the user name is short for ass finder! Although, a nice rack is also nice. I work blue collar trades. Electrician here.
Oh, well then, there's your answer. The Bronco's going to be much better for both pursuits, and you'll definitely have the guys on the jobsite looking at you different. lol (I used to do electrical work.)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Oh, well then, there's your answer. The Bronco's going to be much better for both pursuits, and you'll definitely have the guys on the jobsite looking at you different. lol (I used to do electrical work.)
Ford Bronco In LOVE with the Bronco! Want to leave car... ass-adman

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm asking the peanut gallery in terms of operating costs. Like fuel consumption, how well the vehicle rides. Are the seats comfortable. Not solely a monetary inquiry, but an informational one too.
Interesting questions and comparison between vehicles, but seems like you’re going for a certain look, and the questions you’re asking are just all wrong for this vehicle you like.

A Bronco, or any serious off-roader for that matter, will never be, and should never be considered as a rational purchase; they’re not.

As many have stated, the gas mileage question, really should never occur. MPG will suck, bad. Good thing is you can elect to run regular gas, or splurge for premium and go back and fourth, so if you want to do this, just accept it.

The maintenance will be more because several parts are almost designed to be expendable; accept this too.

Tires cost more, and wear faster, the ride isn’t terrible, but it isn’t good either. The on road feel is good for an off-roader with 33 or 35 in off-road tires.

Bronco, like a Wrangler, is more of a passion purchase, which means it won’t make sense to the practical minded, which is what a Civic purchase is.

So, your philosophy must adapt to this car you “want”, but it’s not a need and won’t make sense.

However, what a Bronco gives is more smiles per mile than almost any other vehicle you can buy besides a sports car or another off-roader. It almost seems to be alive and an animal that you feed and care for. The more you do these things yourself, as many of us do, the cheaper and more enjoyable of an overall experience.

Decide what you’re really here for and what’s it worth to you, because you will pay a cost and I don’t only mean with money. If you understand what I mean, maybe this is an acceptable decision, otherwise you have your answer. :wink:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuel consumption - I get 22 mpg average with my '22 2.3L base with a mix of city/hwy driving. 24 mpg tops for highway. I'll be putting on bigger tires soon and it will likely drop some.

The seating style is close to bench seating-- i.e. feet on the ground and not forward. I had a hard time with my Camry seats before being uncomfortable for any longer distance -- the seats were not comfortable. The bronco seats are comfortable for me. The suspension is truck-like. As in, it dampens out the huge bumps or potholes well, but is relatively stiff over small bumps like expansion joints, but not enough to be bothersome.

The bronco even with newer base tires (HTs) killed it in the snow.

Coming from a boring car to the Bronco was a great life decision. I look forward to commuting home, especially with the top down. Instead of rushing to get home, you enjoy the journey more. I look forward to snow days, especially early morning when the plows haven't been out.

That said, I wasn't a fan of some 9 hour drives I've had for work due to noise. My limit with the (aftermarket) soft top is 55 mph and hard top is 72 mph for road noise (with 15 mph steady winds). A 6 hour trip on 81 southbound with the aftermarket soft top was terrible.

Cheers and good luck with your decision.
Love what you wrote here. I concur with the drives home or almost anywhere. Almost anticipate or look forward to it.

Can’t even explain this dynamic, because I almost love driving it more than I did my old M3. Different beast, but Bronco is slow, but I just enjoy being in it.

OP
OP

ASS_FIN_DIR

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a great episode!
This is freaking epic! Perhaps I can make that a custom plate on the Bronco, if I decided to pull the trigger. Username and car plate match what I'm seeking.

Man, wish we could hang and grab some cold ones!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 35 mile a day each way commute, similar to you. I love my Bronco 2 door and it's very comfortable. But I don't use it as my daily driver. Instead I drive a Mazda Miata, which is not the most comfortable although it gets 38 MPG and is super quick to keep up with crazy driving traffic. Do the math on the MPG and will see how much more it's going to cost you in gas. A lot.

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello All,

I highly desire a Bronco. Either a BD or OXB trim. I currently own a 2022 Honda Civic. The seats are very uncomfortable after my long commute to and from work. 38 miles and 1 hour commute time. And this car sits so damn low!

I live in the midwest, and the winters are brutal. The Civic slides all over. The only thing this car has going for itself is the mpg. I'm averaging 30 to 32 mpg.

I am 40 years old, Male. I never about anything nice or cool for myself. Man I would love a Bronco especially for the winter.

Thank you!
If you can afford it, do it you won't regret it!!

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Negative 5k in equity on your civic? Dont do it. Bad financial decision. Higher payment, higher insurance and bad gas mileage. Doubt you can get a deal that would make it worth it.
“Enjoy every sandwich.“.
You’ll be in debt the rest of your life anyway. If you can manage the $5K loss, treat yourself.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello All,

Thank you!
I had a Civic SI 2 door...Great gas mileage too but had the tire light on every week??? Get a Bronco...you'll love it as I do mine. You may be a little bummed out when you filll the Bronco up though...I get consistently 20 MPG but not much more...sometimes less when I kick in the twin turbo...it's Awesome!!! You won't be disappointed with the Bronco 2 door, 2.7 twin turbo...I have a Badlands and your right...my 2015 Jeep is nothing like my Bronco...Good Luck and God Speed!!!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Negative 5k in equity on your civic? Dont do it. Bad financial decision. Higher payment, higher insurance and bad gas mileage. Doubt you can get a deal that would make it worth it.
Negative equity into a loan at 8% would be a really bad decision.

I also switched from a boring (paid off) sedan into the Bronco. I do love it. But it's a terrible commuter.

My HONEST opinion is you should keep your current car. Take whatever you think you were going to increase your gas/payment budget to and start paying down your current loan so you aren't under water. I would say trade it in for a 2-4 year old 4 Runner, but interest rates are stupid.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure why everyone is harping on negative equity and his ability to pay for a Bronco - the Civic is paid for.
There is no negative equity, just whatever he can get for the Honda.

The only thing left to do is test drive a Bronco, and while you are driving be really honest with yourself.
The ride is fun, but it's louder, it's rougher, it's going to get worse gas milage, and ownership is going to cost more.
There is no getting around this. There are things you can do about the noise and the ride ( also check the airpressure at dealer, almost always over inflated = harder ride)
But there is nothing going to help you with MPGs, and 4 wheel drive vehicles are just more money to maintain than Civics .
But you're not taking the top off a Civic or going off road, your up high and shoveling snow in your driveway becomes optional.

Ford Bronco In LOVE with the Bronco! Want to leave car... 1000006971
Sponsored