Sponsored

In LOVE with the Bronco! Want to leave car...

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you all for your reply. Carmax is offering me 24k for the Civic. I would have negative equity of 5k. And Honda provided me with a handsome apr of 4.9, when I financed the vehicle.
No, no, no….sell it yourself! Carmax will lowball the hell out of you. Hondas sell real fast. Had mine sold years ago as soon as the ad published. They offered 32K for my Corvette and I sold it for 40K!!!

24BDSAS2DR2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 TBird, 1971 GTO, 2004 Chopper, 2016 Indian
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you place your order yet, find one on a dealer lot, buy a Jeep Wrangler, or finally decide to put chains on the Civic tires?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the OPs money and you are on a Bronco forum asking whether you should buy a Bronco over a Civic...but...

My wife's 23 Civic Si (Higher hp / worse fuel economy) gets 36-37 mpg on the highway and I drive 8-10 mph over the limit plus spirited jaunts well over that. That replaced a 15 Si that is being given to my son with 140k miles on it. Before Covid i was commuting close to 30 miles each way and putting 15k+ miles/year on a car. I bought a used Fit (given to my daughter - now has 110k miles on it) and then a used Miata to simply run up the miles and parked the gas guzzling vehicle for weekend duty only. I did the math (before used cars were crazy expensive) and could justify a second car through the math.

You are doubling the cost of your vehicle and doubling your fuel costs. If your Civic is getting city/combined fuel economy numbers you'll get city/combined economy with the Bronco not 22 mpg. The salesman is telling you what you want to hear. Let's also be honest. Which vehicle will be more trouble free over 150k miles a higher percentage of the time? The Honda.

You should keep the Honda and buy a used old Bronco or Jeep. Or you should have bought a cheap used highway car and the Bronco which could be driven on the snow days.
This is a great idea. As much as I love my 2 door Bronco I have concerns on how long or how many miles it will hold up before needing costly maintenance. And driving it 60 miles a day. And it is not easy to work on- just look under the hood and the design of the drivetrain, driveshafts, etc. Not as simple or economical as the older Jeeps, trucks, etc. Living up north I always had a commuter that got good MPG for my long commute (Honda Civic or SI in my case). And had a Jeep Wrangler or older pick up for the snowy days and weekend fun/towing. It's the best of both worlds and I have always budgeted very carefully to have 2 vehicles just for this reason.

Ideally if you could keep the Civic and Get a current Gen Bronco that would be the perfect scenario but most likely you can't have or afford 2 vehicles.

Sponsored

BrowniesBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've always been a car person-drove a mustang for the most part, and then when it got totaled I ordered a my BD (MY24). in between I owned a Mazda 3, in which I have to fit myself in. I've taken road trips on all three of them; Bronco is the most comfortable, followed by Mustang. So my point being, if finances and gas mpg allows you to get a Bronco, go for it. You will feel a great sense of difference in the driving comfort as well as the seating position.
Also, dont expect above 19mpg on a Bronco (Facts)

YOLO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is a fun vehicle. It's not an ideal commuter - it drinks gas and suffers from a ton of wind noise on the highway. That said, I often commute in it, about the same distance/time as you. And it is pretty comfortable, the wind and road noise notwithstanding (just turn the stereo on, lol).

I do sometimes think about buying a gas-sipping commuter car, and I may do. But I'll still keep the Bronco.

Only you know your financial situation. If you can comfortably afford the Bronco AND the running costs (esp. gas prices), then go for it. But if you're going to overextend yourself and buy more car than you can afford, you're going to be miserable in the long run, especially every time you need to fill up the gas tank (I paid about $115 to fill up today, by the way).

Sponsored

Camp Hell Yeah.

Everglades
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Tover
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
$115? You must live in California. Broncos have a 17 gallon tank ?

The Bronco is a fun vehicle. It's not an ideal commuter - it drinks gas and suffers from a ton of wind noise on the highway. That said, I often commute in it, about the same distance/time as you. And it is pretty comfortable, the wind and road noise notwithstanding (just turn the stereo on, lol).

I do sometimes think about buying a gas-sipping commuter car, and I may do. But I'll still keep the Bronco.

Only you know your financial situation. If you can comfortably afford the Bronco AND the running costs (esp. gas prices), then go for it. But if you're going to overextend yourself and buy more car than you can afford, you're going to be miserable in the long run, especially every time you need to fill up the gas tank (I paid about $115 to fill up today, by the way).

YOLO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$115? You must live in California. Broncos have a 17 gallon tank ?
WA State. Tank is 20.8 gallons. I was running pretty low, probably not much more than a gallon left.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I once heard someone call the Camry “Soul Sucking Camry” and I immediately said to myself “yes! yes! that’s exactly how i felt getting in that thing everyday for years - hadn’t thought about it, but that phrase fit so perfectly! Now I smile every time I get in my base Sasquatch soft top. I didn’t realize a vehicle could be so fun!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Jackass, no. I HIGHLY suggest you YT the scene from Step Brother's when Brennan asks his brother for a job!!! Then you'll understand, jackass.
Go watch the YT scene from Step Brother's when Brennan asks his brother for a job.
Did you just tell them to go meme themselves? 😂
Sponsored