First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did the plastic grill and head lights hold up?

OP
OP
FlyTheCourse

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this unintentionally on a flooded road - resulted in losing my electrical and engine power right away. Engine wouldn't start again right away - waiting about 15 minutes and got it cranked up again but was sitting there dreading the tow to a dealership.

I have the 2.3.
I did this 3 times at speed above 10 mph, the video was the fastest I went. I also did lots of water fording at very slow speeds. Mostly just a couple feet deep, but one crossing I got water that did push as high as the top of the wheel wells for about 3 feet. Just enough to drop in and pop back out. I had no issues, with anything. I either got lucky or MY23 has addressed issues with this. I also have the 2.3L with a manual transmission. I am impressed with the air intake seal around the hood, the water is not scooped up. My old ranger would flood with water on a big puddle in the street.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyTheCourse

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did the plastic grill and head lights hold up?
Everything washed up well. Grill and lights still look brand new. The only damage I had from the day was the gravel chips in the rear plastic wheel fenders and tree stripes on the plastic mirrors from the narrow trails I went down. This was as to be expected. I have mud flaps that did protect the paint on the doors.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watch the desert races where the course gets rained on...the fast trucks don't slow down for puddles and stay clean, the timid guys slow down and end up getting covered in mud. Better to skip right over that stuff if you can.

Link1016

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that my Bronco drives way more like my SxS than my Jeep so its hard not to drive it that way off road. I have access to a lot of high desert OHV trails from my garage, so I drive the same areas year round with different vehicles depending on how I feel. If I wanted to haul-ass through the desert, catch air off woops, I took the Ca-Am X3 and if I felt like doing the more technical canyons and harder trail, I took my 73 Jeep CJ5 rock crawler. My 2 door BadSquach was supposed to retire the Jeep but for all intents and purposes, the Bronco has replaced my SxS. It just feels that solid off road.

I got the rare chance to go mudding (after a normally rare couple days of rain) and ran the Bronco in way worst “puddles” at considerably higher speeds than what I saw in the video and everything worked and cleaned up fine. I think the engine bay and intake (at least on my 6 cyl) seems designed well enough to keep motor and electronics protected from water splash.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FlyTheCourse

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that my Bronco drives way more like my SxS than my Jeep so its hard not to drive it that way off road. I have access to a lot of high desert OHV trails from my garage, so I drive the same areas year round with different vehicles depending on how I feel. If I wanted to haul-ass through the desert, catch air off woops, I took the Ca-Am X3 and if I felt like doing the more technical canyons and harder trail, I took my 73 Jeep CJ5 rock crawler. My 2 door BadSquach was supposed to retire the Jeep but for all intents and purposes, the Bronco has replaced my SxS. It just feels that solid off road.

I got the rare chance to go mudding (after a normally rare couple days of rain) and ran the Bronco in way worst “puddles” at considerably higher speeds than what I saw in the video and everything worked and cleaned up fine. I think the engine bay and intake (at least on my 6 cyl) seems designed well enough to keep motor and electronics protected from water splash.
Awesome. So jealous of your backyard! I didn’t quite get to SxS speeds. The extra weight of the Bronco does give me pause for braking and quick turns at speed. I have seen too many jeeps flip upside down at high speeds. Baby steps for me. Thanks for sharing. Have fun and stay safe!