Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen several folks talking about getting dealer pricing in writing. What good does that actually do? I seriously doubt it's legally binding, and I assume they can just tell you to pound sand at any point.

I'm waiting to talk to my local dealers until after the build and price is available.

So anyway, assuming that "In Writing" has something behind it, what format should this be in? Notorized?
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen several folks talking about getting dealer pricing in writing. What good does that actually do. I seriously doubt it's legally binding, and I assume they can just tell you to pound sand at any point.

I'm waiting to talk to my local dealers until after the build and price is available.

So anyway, assuming that "In Writing" has something behind it, what format should this be in? Notorized?
I doubt any dealer is willing to put something in writing that is legally binding.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt any dealer is willing to put something in writing that is legally binding.
I agree. I'd think if it was binding, then the purchaser would be required to purchase at agreed price. There is no upside for the dealer to put anything in writing.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you ask and they refuse to put something in writing then you can be reasonably sure they will screw you over later

It's a good test to see what kind of company you are considering doing business with

Of course it's not legally binding, but it's a really bad look if they don't honor their written offers

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the X-plan confirmation in writing. Dealer didn't hesitate to provide it when I asked.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A dealer may be willing to put that in writing because there are also other ways to screw you. If you plan on trading is the most obvious. If you let them set up the financing is another big way.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No written offer = No deposit on order.
If they don't want to write the agreement on paper don't give a non refundable deposit.
That's why you have to go to the dealer before october ( last chance to change dealer) and see how they will do the bronco sales there.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's in writing, it can absolutely be legally binding, but (and it's a big but) the amount of money and time it will cost to get the courts to enforce the deal, will most likely negate any benefits.

For example: they put in writing price x. They end up charging you price y. You refuse. They sell the vehicle to someone else. You sue them. It would take years, cost you thousands (probably 10k+), and it would only be worth it, if you were awarded damages, etc. Meanwhile, no Bronco for you.

So, as stated above, it's more a sign of good faith than a worthwhile, legally binding, and enforceable contract.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what we actually need is for the Dealers to put the offers "In Writing" on this forum.

I wish some Washington Dealers would get on board. I'm jealous of you Granger folks.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealer may be willing to put that in writing because there are also other ways to screw you. If you plan on trading is the most obvious. If you let them set up the financing is another big way.
Not trading and plan coming in with my own financing. :)

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would it be better if it was called "a letter of intent"?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are talking about a one-on-one contract with you and a dealership, then yes, they could probably easily break it, suffer the bad online review and carry on. But no reputable dealer is going to screw someone over like that. However, if it was me, I would make sure the sales manager signed the deal and not just some floor guy.

Now if you are concerned about participating in one of the many group buys that has popped up, that is a different story. The best way to protect the buyers in one of those situations is to offer the dealer consideration for the agreement. In other words, all the participants kick in some money ($50, $100, whatever) to the dealer when the group deal is finally negotiated. This makes it a court enforceable agreement. The consideration would either be applied to, or refunded at the time of purchase. If a dealer was to break the contract, they would be subject to a class action suit, have to answer to the dealers association as well as Ford and suffer a huge negative social media onslaught.

Disclaimer, I am not a lawyer or even play one on TV. I have just been running these scenarios through my brain trying to figure out how best to protect my own interests. There are some lawyers on here that may want to chime in and offer their opinions.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen several folks talking about getting dealer pricing in writing. What good does that actually do? I seriously doubt it's legally binding, and I assume they can just tell you to pound sand at any point.

A decent dealer will stand by what they agree to in writing. Of course it isn’t a contract until you have an actual offer from them and acceptance from you...but you can reasonably assume they will honor what they write to you. Doesn’t matter if it’s notarized by the almighty...it’s just a non-binding promise that carries no legal obligation until you have a contract with them. However, if they write it you are probably ok.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I believe we will get our official pricing when we place our orders in December.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My thoughts are you the buyer are in control. If they do not make a deal, walk out and go elsewhere.
Sponsored