First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a great year and a half with my Bronco Wildtrak. We had a couple of trips to Moab, two tours on the White Rim and several excursions on local Rocky Mountain trails. it’s now off to a new owner. I just picked up a, so far, phenomenal Ineos Grenadier Trial Master.

IMG_3229.jpeg
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked at these, had my pre order in. Went to see it in person. Decided I couldn't live without some more hard-core offroad capability.

Give us a "review". How does it compare to the Bronco?

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A friend just took delivery of his, so I too want to hear your comparison.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been watching this for years, and love a lot about it, very cool. And a few details I wouldn't mind the Bronco having, but with that said, for me the Bronco is the clear winner.

Enjoy it, it's a very cool vehicle.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that’s great but how will this effect Lebron’s legacy?

j/k that’s really cool, watched a lot of videos on these.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

j/k that’s really cool, watched a lot of videos on these.
Yup, all on fire roads that a Honda Pilot would crush.
More weight and less power. Not for me.
I like the color choice.

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like these, can’t wait to hear your review.

Sponsored

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It’s a distinctive looking vehicle. I like the shale blue they offer.

looking forward to the review.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious to hear your opinion and comparison to the WT. congratulations!

OP
OP
bikesandguitars

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A friend just took delivery of his, so I too want to hear your comparison.
Aside from the $25K difference in starting price, the Grenadier is a very different animal.

From a driver perspective, the recirculating ball steering system is the very first thing you notice, well, maybe after you notice there is no push button start. Personally, I like the feel of the steering. It’s a little more point and shoot. But it’s probably not for everyone. I would imagine that if you live in a dense, urban / suburban area, the steering would eventually be a bit of a workout. I live in the boonies of Colorado so no big deal for me. However, the Grenadier’s steering system is far and away the more robust trail solution - (that is as long as the tie rods hold out 🥴😜).

The Recaro seats are very nice. They’re supportive and very comfortable. I’m 6’2 / 215 lbs and they feel great on my frame. I prefer the Grenadier seats and the driver position to my Bronco. I can bend my knees a little more in the Grenadier.

The Grenadier is also full-time four wheel drive with a solid front axle. It feels more like a Land Cruiser than a Jeep or a Bronco. A lot more. The Bronco feels lighter and more nimble. The Grenadier feels more substantial - like it would drive smoothly through an earthquake.

One big win for the Bronco is the turning radius. The Grenadier turns like a small yacht. A U-turn on a three lane highway has to be planned just right to remain on the pavement. Thats gonna hurt on some of our mountain switchbacks.

Overall, the quality feel of the Grenadier is reflective of the price difference. it oozes quality. I’ve owned Lexus LX’s and a Range Rover. So far, I would put the Grenadier in the same category. There are no rattles, or hard plastic parts (except the floors - there are no floor mats available yet - but there are drain plugs!).

Ergonomically, the safari windows, rooftop switches and airplane cockpit in the Grenadier are a step above. Definitely a win for the Grenadier. However, you can’t remove the roof or doors so, if going convertible is important, it’s definitely a win for the Bronco.

The Grenadier has a little more storage behind the seats vs a hard top 4-door Bronco. 40.6 to 35.6 ft3, respectively. The Grenadier also has more tie downs and latches for storing gear internally. One bummer for the Grenadier is that the folded rear seats create a floor that is approx 2 inches higher than the floor of the rear cargo area. You would have a very uncomfortable bunk if you tried to make a bed with the seats folded down in the Grenadier.

The exterior L-track on the Grenadier is also very handy for securing gear. Lighter items like shovels and traction boards can be attached. I’ve even seen a small, fold down step attachment.

I also like the ladder on the Grenadier. I spent a few hours installing a Kuat ski rack, Gobi tool box and Rhino jerry can holder on the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. It was nice to climb the ladder and walk around on the roof trying different placements for the gear.

Towing capacity is 7,716 lbs on the V6 Grenadier vs 4,500 lbs for the four cylinder Bronco.

Fuel efficiency is stated at 15 mpg for the Grenadier. I believe I was getting around 17 mpg in the Bronco.

The Sasquatch Bronco wins big on ground clearance - 11.6 inches vs 10.4 inches.

All in all, I’m very happy with the Grenadier so far. However, the nearest Grenadier service center is 120 miles from my house. The Ford dealer was approximately 15 miles away. If reliability is an issue, I’m gonna have regrets. 🥴

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from the $25K difference in starting price, the Grenadier is a very different animal.

From a driver perspective, the recirculating ball steering system is the very first thing you notice, well, maybe after you notice there is no push button start. Personally, I like the feel of the steering. It’s a little more point and shoot. But it’s probably not for everyone. I would imagine that if you live in a dense, urban / suburban area, the steering would eventually be a bit of a workout. I live in the boonies of Colorado so no big deal for me. However, the Grenadier’s steering system is far and away the more robust trail solution - (that is as long as the tie rods hold out 🥴😜).

The Recaro seats are very nice. They’re supportive and very comfortable. I’m 6’2 / 215 lbs and they feel great on my frame. I prefer the Grenadier seats and the driver position to my Bronco. I can bend my knees a little more in the Grenadier.

The Grenadier is also full-time four wheel drive with a solid front axle. It feels more like a Land Cruiser than a Jeep or a Bronco. A lot more. The Bronco feels lighter and more nimble. The Grenadier feels more substantial - like it would drive smoothly through an earthquake.

One big win for the Bronco is the turning radius. The Grenadier turns like a small yacht. A U-turn on a three lane highway has to be planned just right to remain on the pavement. Thats gonna hurt on some of our mountain switchbacks.

Overall, the quality feel of the Grenadier is reflective of the price difference. it oozes quality. I’ve owned Lexus LX’s and a Range Rover. So far, I would put the Grenadier in the same category. There are no rattles, or hard plastic parts (except the floors - there are no floor mats available yet - but there are drain plugs!).

Ergonomically, the safari windows, rooftop switches and airplane cockpit in the Grenadier are a step above. Definitely a win for the Grenadier. However, you can’t remove the roof or doors so, if going convertible is important, it’s definitely a win for the Bronco.

The Grenadier has a little more storage behind the seats vs a hard top 4-door Bronco. 40.6 to 35.6 ft3, respectively. The Grenadier also has more tie downs and latches for storing gear internally. One bummer for the Grenadier is that the folded rear seats create a floor that is approx 2 inches higher than the floor of the rear cargo area. You would have a very uncomfortable bunk if you tried to make a bed with the seats folded down in the Grenadier.

The exterior L-track on the Grenadier is also very handy for securing gear. Lighter items like shovels and traction boards can be attached. I’ve even seen a small, fold down step attachment.

I also like the ladder on the Grenadier. I spent a few hours installing a Kuat ski rack, Gobi tool box and Rhino jerry can holder on the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. It was nice to climb the ladder and walk around on the roof trying different placements for the gear.

Towing capacity is 7,716 lbs on the V6 Grenadier vs 4,500 lbs for the four cylinder Bronco.

Fuel efficiency is stated at 15 mpg for the Grenadier. I believe I was getting around 17 mpg in the Bronco.

All in all, I’m very happy with the Grenadier so far. However, the nearest Grenadier service center is 120 miles from my house. The Ford dealer was approximately 15 miles away. If reliability is an issue, I’m gonna have regrets. 🥴
They look cool, no doubt. I feel like they are a great vehicle for somebody who wants a classic Land Rover body style with the modern creature comforts and luxury. It’s not going to compete with the off-road capability of Broncos and Wranglers, but I don’t think it was meant to be in the same category.

Last edited:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Doesn’t it have the BMW inline-6? You stated V6.
Sponsored