Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right there with the new Landcruiser, I keep waiting to see what the interior space will be. No one does a fold flat setup anymore. If a Chrysler Pacifica can have fold flat seating why can't a premium vehicle.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right there with the new Landcruiser, I keep waiting to see what the interior space will be. No one does a fold flat setup anymore. If a Chrysler Pacifica can have fold flat seating why can't a premium vehicle.
The Chrysler Pacifica is not a body on frame vehicle that's why its floor panels are much deeper.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've thought about looking, but that was when I saw/thought that it started at $58k, $70k+ seems a bit much, but maybe I'm still pretending prices are from 2017. I really like the wagon, but the build I'd want would probably cost $30K more than what my Bronco is.

I also have a really hard time trusting the BMW turbo-6 they chose, that seems like the complete opposite of what you'd want in a vehicle overbuilt with an assumed lifetime of hundreds of thousands of miles. Obviously we don't get the diesel so they needed something, but a BMW engine? I didn't even mention the trans or ridiculous shifter 🤪😖

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Chrysler Pacifica is not a body on frame vehicle that's why its floor panels are much deeper.
I understand, but the complete failure to get a flat floor just kills the utility part of SUV. When you go to the next price bracket I feel the engineering should be a higher level.
INEOS_Grenadier_interior_18.jpg

@l88m22vette bmw inline 6 is pretty bulletproof motor when left alone. The bad rap comes from the older M series motors that require costly maintenance. They also get the zf transmission that completed changed how everyone views ram trucks and transmission reliability.

ResEng68

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a great concept. It is simply over priced at almost 2x like Wrangler, bronco, and 4runner offerings.

It may earn that premium price point (the aesthetic is certainly wonderful). However they're going to need a few years to work out the gremlins of their Frankenstein construction and low-volume production. Too many electrical issues at this point. (Check the forums)

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a fan of non-cookie cutter vehicles, and hope this thing is a success.
Me too, and more competition the better.

I prefer a 2 door vehicle at this point in my life, wife has a ginormous SUV that we can use if needed to haul kids around. And I like being able to take the top off. This limits what I would seriously consider in the future.

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been following this vehicle for a year. It has the BMW I6 drivetrain. Nice truck, but waiting to see how they setup the US sales/service network.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Grenadier build and price is what we wish the Bronco build and price was. https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/the-vehicle/vehicle-configurator

The the Grenadier offers the ability to select individual options without having to choose a different trim level.

Nearly $3,000 for lockers. It's pretty easy to get the price above $80 k with just a few options.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I prefer the MB G63 AMG, but the price of the Grenadier (IMO) is reasonable. Service is key.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it, but $72k starting for the bare-bones base for a pretty stripped down "utility" vehicle is a bit much - getting one with options I'd want far out-prices my desire for it.

Hoping they sell like hotcakes to the "I need the latest & greatest" crowd, who will quickly realize is drives like a truck and get bored with it so used versions start to show up at a more reasonable price.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've thought about looking, but that was when I saw/thought that it started at $58k, $70k+ seems a bit much, but maybe I'm still pretending prices are from 2017. I really like the wagon, but the build I'd want would probably cost $30K more than what my Bronco is.

I also have a really hard time trusting the BMW turbo-6 they chose, that seems like the complete opposite of what you'd want in a vehicle overbuilt with an assumed lifetime of hundreds of thousands of miles. Obviously we don't get the diesel so they needed something, but a BMW engine? I didn't even mention the trans or ridiculous shifter 🤪😖
Before you badmouth the BMW powerplant how many miles have you driven one? We racked up 150,000 on our 2008 5 series. Only true engine issue was flywheel position sensor.

And the transmission other than lacking two extra overdrive is identical to what's in your Bronco ( unless you have a 7MT)

BTW, figure on $78k entry point for a reasonably well equipped Grenadier.

They are already taking orders in Europe for the truck version which will cost about $10k less.
Sponsored