John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My son's Grenadier is just waiting on final stuff. His order was in the first 100.

There is a minor issue with software for the trailer hitch so they won't install those yet until remedied but granted a discount now and free install of pieces when available.

I will post my impressions after he takes delivery, which should be well before Christmas.

They also announced that they will be taking orders for the Quartermaster Q1 2024. It unfortunately may be subject to the fricken chicken tax on light duty pickups unless it can get labeled as heavy duty? Or toss in a pair of seats in the bed can y'all say BRAT?

His one comment from test driving was that it drives like a truck and the front axle does not self center after a turn which may just be a caster issue
Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My son's Grenadier is just waiting on final stuff. His order was in the first 100.

There is a minor issue with software for the trailer hitch so they won't install those yet until remedied but granted a discount now and free install of pieces when available.

I will post my impressions after he takes delivery, which should be well before Christmas.

They also announced that they will be taking orders for the Quartermaster Q1 2024. It unfortunately may be subject to the fricken chicken tax on light duty pickups unless it can get labeled as heavy duty? Or toss in a pair of seats in the bed can y'all say BRAT?

His one comment from test driving was that it drives like a truck and the front axle does not self center after a turn which may just be a caster issue
The turning issue is real and its not a caster issue, its because it uses recirculating ball instead of rack and pinion. Some say they got used to it on the test drive. I did not, and I can see my wife or myself having an accident in tight Dallas driving. I was not happy with it or a few other small but irritating issues. Other than that, it is built like a tank (or more like a tractor). Extremely sturdy. I'm on the fence about mine.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a few photos of a Grenadier at SEMA - one thing I found interesting is the L-track built into the sides (it comes that way from the factory). I'm not sure what it'll be used for but I'm anxious to see the uses people come up with when enough Grenadiers get out into the field. Any ideas? It wouldn't be hard to add L-track to the sides of a Bronco if there was a good use for it.

Grenadier5.jpg

Grenadier6.jpg

Grenadier7.jpg

Definitely like the center stack and overhead panel...

Grenadier3.jpg

Grenadier4.jpg
Thanks for the pictures!

I had a half second of "WTF is a "window dem-ist" " before I bought a clue.... De-mist ; )

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The turning issue is real and its not a caster issue, its because it uses recirculating ball instead of rack and pinion. Some say they got used to it on the test drive. I did not, and I can see my wife or myself having an accident in tight Dallas driving. I was not happy with it or a few other small but irritating issues. Other than that, it is built like a tank (or more like a tractor). Extremely sturdy. I'm on the fence about mine.
Saginaw recirculating ball steering boxes are ubiquitous, generally regarded as strong and reliable. (I actually have one out of an old Scout sitting in my garage, for a future project to graft onto my old Land Rover.)

Not sure why they would cause an accident. Leastways both my Jeeps have them, and myself and family never had a concern or noticed an accident risk. Performed fine off-road and navigating Chicago streets.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Because people are used to letting the car self re-enter and this one won't. I'm not questioning their reliability or ruggedness. I just don't like it anymore. It wouldn't be bad if it didn't take like 4 full turns of the wheel to go from lock to lock. The ratio is pretty ridiculous.

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of vehicles use recirculating balls (Steering Box) setups and still return to center on their own. If that weren't the case, we'd have Wrangler's and 1 ton pickups slammed into light poles and tree's all over the world.

Proper Toe is required to self center steering, regardless of the system used. Proper caster also has a big effect on self centering and tracking, and lifting a solid axle vehicle will often change the caster if arms aren't adjusted to maintain the factory caster.

Without knowing the factory alignment specs on the Grenadier, I can't say if the failure to return to center is a problem or a feature though ;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because people are used to letting the car self re-enter and this one won't. I'm not questioning their reliability or ruggedness. I just don't like it anymore. It wouldn't be bad if it didn't take like 4 full turns of the wheel to go from lock to lock. The ratio is pretty ridiculous.
Then maybe there is some issue with the Grenadier design, because my Saginaw recirculating ball Jeeps didn't have an issue returning to center. There have been millions of those boxes on the road and I'm not aware of people having issues and crashing. That box was actually one of the best things about the Jeeps in my view. (And there were various ratios available.)

Now the worn Ross cam and roller steering box on my old 1970 CJ-5, that took some getting use to. For fun and to freak out passengers, I'd sometimes turn the steering wheel back and forth while driving, and there was so much play the Jeep would still keep going forward as if nothing was happening, lol.

mackoy21

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw e36
Your Bronco Model
Base
they are opening a ineos mini dealership right in front on my work, im going to test it out too.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lots of vehicles use recirculating balls (Steering Box) setups and still return to center on their own. If that weren't the case, we'd have Wrangler's and 1 ton pickups slammed into light poles and tree's all over the world.

Proper Toe is required to self center steering, regardless of the system used. Proper caster also has a big effect on self centering and tracking, and lifting a solid axle vehicle will often change the caster if arms aren't adjusted to maintain the factory caster.

Without knowing the factory alignment specs on the Grenadier, I can't say if the failure to return to center is a problem or a feature though ;)
I'm thinking that particular car isn't correctly aligned. Lot's of the demos have been used for press events an have been well off roaded. The two IG at my local dealership have mud stuck in the tires and under-body.

I have heard that the steering is very slow but can't believe that they would build something that doesn't self center. That is going to be lawsuit central.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm thinking that particular car isn't correctly aligned. Lot's of the demos have been used for press events an have been well off roaded. The two IG at my local dealership have mud stuck in the tires and under-body.

I have heard that the steering is very slow but can't believe that they would build something that doesn't self center. That is going to be lawsuit central.
The failure to return to center is well documented in the IG communities. The dealer even explained it (warned about it) when taking it out to test drive. The piss-poor steering ratio compounds it. The whole idea is that bumping over rocks and ruts doesn't jerk the wheel, so I'm sure its impressive off road.

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The failure to return to center is well documented in the IG communities. The dealer even explained it (warned about it) when taking it out to test drive. The piss-poor steering ratio compounds it. The whole idea is that bumping over rocks and ruts doesn't jerk the wheel, so I'm sure its impressive off road.
If that's the case then people are going to crash these on road at high rates. Wait until the insurance companies adjust their premiums to reflect the actual loses.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If that's the case then people are going to crash these on road at high rates. Wait until the insurance companies adjust their premiums to reflect the actual loses.
On the highway you don’t even notice it. It has a bunch of issues, but steering isn’t one.

Reverse camera is quite terrible.
Dealer network is sparse.
Price is too high.
But the drive itself and quality of suspension, engine, and transmission are all amazing.
On the other hand, this seat lever is minor but it bothered me, it sticks out like 3 inches poking the back of the leg when trying to rest it
Ford Bronco Ineos grenadier IMG_0297

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

On the highway you don’t even notice it. It has a bunch of issues, but steering isn’t one.

Reverse camera is quite terrible.
Dealer network is sparse.
Price is too high.
But the drive itself and quality of suspension, engine, and transmission are all amazing.
On the other hand, this seat lever is minor but it bothered me, it sticks out like 3 inches poking the back of the leg when trying to rest it
IMG_0297.jpeg
Its definitely an issue unless you drive only on the highway. To each his own situation I guess, but it was the most annoying thing on my test drive in the city with constant slow traffic and turns into congestion having to whip the wheel back around over a full turn each time. Mine is due in Q1 of 24, I will definitely have to drive it again before deciding. On the other hand there were many things I liked a lot, including the standard interior as opposed to the leather (I drove one of each). I also loved the heavy/solid doors, the forward visibility, the switches and overhead console. I thought the power adequate, but closer to that of a jeep n/a 6cyl than the Bronco. In fact when I returned from the test drive and got back into my F150 Lariat 3.5 EB, I realized how much I really love my Ford. If I don't have a build date on my Ranger Raptor or my HE Bronco by the time the IG is ready, then I may still end up with it, it is a very unique vehicle and that is the best thing about it in my opinion.

Last edited:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It needs a comparison video done .... A bronco, a jeep a 4-runner and a grenadier all doing the same trail.

AND PLEEEEEEEZ don't pick another bunny trail like the one in this video!

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It'll be just like driving a Bronco 1G
Sponsored