Inner and outer widow seals

Bricknose jav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco
On my 1990 Ford Bronco looks like it’s easy to take door panels off and get to the inner door seal is there a trick to the outer ones thanks
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the door seal itself is easily accessable...

Or are you talking about the window seal that goes around the top and sides of the window, or the wiper seals that go at the bottom of the window? I can walk you through the latter if that's the question.

OP
OP
Bricknose jav

Bricknose jav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco
I think the door seal itself is easily accessable...

Or are you talking about the window seal that goes around the top and sides of the window, or the wiper seals that go at the bottom of the window? I can walk you through the latter if that's the question.
Yes the bottom please walk me thru it thanks

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we keep this forum at least tangentially related to the 2021, 6th gen Bronco? It seems you may be looking for a forum about the previous generation Broncos, may I recommend https://www.[banned site].com/forum for your 1990.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll keep this brief, and then the thread can be deleted or moved if the OP concurs:

Roll the window down all the way, then remove the inner door trim panel. Once the panel is off, you will be able to see (through the window) that the outer seal just tension clips in place over a piece of sheetmetal. Using a prying instrument from the inside, get underneath the forward edge of the seal and pry upward. Once you get it started it should be easy, just be careful near the window with your prying instrument. I used a small piece of sheet rubber over the inside of the door metal so I didn't chip the paint even though it is covered by the interior door panel once reassembled.

The new seal will slide over the sheetmetal lip and clip in with some downward pressure, make sure it is aligned front to back as you won't be able to adjust it once you install it. I was able to install it all the way by hand without having to strike it with any kind of tool.

I just did this about a month ago on my girlfriend's '86, it was an easy job. Did the entire window surround seal as well, it takes several days to seat properly but works like new once it is done. Some silicone spray is your friend.

Any questions, PM me...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bricknose jav

Bricknose jav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco
Sorry if I offended someone I am new to this thanks a bunch Bronco mike I appreciate the answer guess I need to learn how to use this site sorry

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if I offended someone I am new to this thanks a bunch Bronco mike I appreciate the answer guess I need to learn how to use this site sorry
it's not that anyone was offended, just an effort to keep things from getting too cluttered, and also to prevent a flood of topics that would be better suited on somewhere like FSB or FTE ([banned site].com, or ford truck enthusiast).

Glad that someone was able to help you on your request however, and welcome to 6G, home of a bunch of individuals getting angry at each other because Ford is not revealing information as quickly as we would like on what we all hope is the worlds most bad ass small-mid (and some were hoping for full) size off road platform!
Sponsored

Last edited: