First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks and for what it’s worth I have someone stop into my business a week ago and he used to work for BO so I had to express my disappointment to him with the Bronco system and he said specifically that the system BO uses for Ford is like a sub brand to their high end stuff. Why the hell would a company that caters to the super high end and have impressive products lower themselves to this? And why on earth would Ford Motor think this is good for them? It shocks me that both of these companies would do this and embarrass both of themselves. I also have an Aviator and the Revel system is stellar they could have easily used that. What a head scratcher lol!!!!!!
B&O got their ass kicked in the back end of the "aughts" like a lot of companies. They staggered back and forth through layoffs/restructuring until they were eventually acquired by Harman International (themselves owned by Samsung) in the mid-teens. Even since then the company has continued to be parted out and what's left is, IMO, focused much more on being a consumer (and in some cases maybe prosumer) focused provider than those offered at the higher end of the HiFi spectrum. I'm not saying B&O is *bad* by any means it's just quite a bit different than what it once was.
Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We
I have also installed and am looking for the optimal FORScan adjustments to get the most out of them. Definitely a noticeable improvement and at the very least look great over stock.
you’ll get better performance in the highs and the lows maybe a little but you won’t get the advantage of the bigger speakers until you fix it in forscan. The amp is putting a high pass filter on those speakers just like a bass blocker. Honestly they should have done this to the top dash speakers too. You’re getting full range to a 4” speaker there and it causes distortion because any 4” speaker can’t handle a full range signal.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We

you’ll get better performance in the highs and the lows maybe a little but you won’t get the advantage of the bigger speakers until you fix it in forscan. The amp is putting a high pass filter on those speakers just like a bass blocker. Honestly they should have done this to the top dash speakers too. You’re getting full range to a 4” speaker there and it causes distortion because any 4” speaker can’t handle a full range signal.
Can you explain what needs to be done in forscan to make the speakers sound better when upgrading.

Inigo Montoya

Badlands
First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We

Agreed. I put high pass filters on both 4” speakers up front and what a world of difference. Eliminates the tinny sounds from the front sound stage.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Correct.

This is what I used. It's all TPlus hardware, but the top bolts are just corse-thread screws in plastic so I was able to get away with using a regular Torx bit. It was the stubbiest setup I had.

20230217_102328.jpg
I had to use a torx bit that fits in a 1/4 drive and a ratcheting box wrench to tighten my Rough Country ditch lights. It was a tight fit and I wanted to get the direction right before I tightened them down. I used a piece of painters tape over the top of wrench to help keep it in there. Thought these might be ideas others could use.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What sub do you have installed on your rear door. I am looking into getting one of these but the only one I have found is the Stinger one that comes with the box mount for the rear door.

What brand is yours?
Do you like it?
Have you had any problems or dislikes?

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What sub do you have installed on your rear door. I am looking into getting one of these but the only one I have found is the Stinger one that comes with the box mount for the rear door.

What brand is yours?
Do you like it?
Have you had any problems or dislikes?
Who was this directed at? If me, I don't have a sub on the swing gate, just the factory B&O

BZ Tech

Big Bend
First Name
Bizzy (BZ) busy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you may want to try some Focal 4-in The dash and back panel. add a little fiber fill and it makes a world of a difference they're more reasonably priced in a lot better sound quality kickersI put six and a half coaxials at the bottom also.I even went a little crazy and cut my back panels to fit some Eight Running all eight speakers on a Zapco 4 channel at 2 ohms stereo first song I played was Trans-Siberian Orchestra .so crisp you can hear every instrument definitely the way to go

IMG_1676394283095.jpg

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you may want to try some Focal 4-in The dash and back panel. add a little fiber fill and it makes a world of a difference they're more reasonably priced in a lot better sound quality kickersI put six and a half coaxials at the bottom also.I even went a little crazy and cut my back panels to fit some Eight Running all eight speakers on a Zapco 4 channel at 2 ohms stereo first song I played was Trans-Siberian Orchestra .so crisp you can hear every instrument definitely the way to go

Ford Bronco Installed - SSV Works rear pods w/ Kicker speakers IMG_1676394283095
I currently have infinity reference and JL C2’s with a 10” kicker L7. Just wanted it to be full(bass)the times I take out my sub. My system sounds great.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP said it was tight. First post.

I guess size really does matter, y’all with 2-doors and your fancy ‘moar door’ moniker lol. I’ma call all you guys ‘too shorts’ or ‘don’t quite measure ups’.
Short People https://g.co/kgs/KfDyvr

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These seem promising and look great! Do you guys know how much difference having the Kicker vs SSV Works? Big price difference. The BO System is really pathetic and no clue why Ford chose that as the upgrade for Bronco. Mine even rattles in the back with the Base, bringing it back for service hopefully to fix. I had a Sahara for a few months with the Pioneer Premium System and it rocked I was impressed.
Like many factory "premium" systems, B&O is just a name licensed by Harman. Harman has some good, well known aftermarket brands but the auto makers don't typically pay for quality.
B&O got their ass kicked in the back end of the "aughts" like a lot of companies. They staggered back and forth through layoffs/restructuring until they were eventually acquired by Harman International (themselves owned by Samsung) in the mid-teens. Even since then the company has continued to be parted out and what's left is, IMO, focused much more on being a consumer (and in some cases maybe prosumer) focused provider than those offered at the higher end of the HiFi spectrum. I'm not saying B&O is *bad* by any means it's just quite a bit different than what it once was.
I think the B&O name is just licensed by Harman. JBL, Revell, Infinity, and Mark Levinson are Harman brands. Ultimately, Ford decides what level of audio that they are willing to put in each model.

Another thing that hurts Bronco vs. other Ford models is the nature of the Bronco design. No door speakers. I think the A-pillar has an air bag that interferes with tweeter placement. There isn't much room for a sub enclosure without robbing cargo space. The Bronco has a relatively noisy cabin. All of these issues can be overcome with higher quality speakers and more amplification.

Last edited:

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I replaced all 6 of my speakers with Skar, they sound much better now. I want to add a sub on the back door sometime tho. And I need the Forscan to unlock my rear speakers.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am thinking of putting JBL stadium 62f in some of these pods in my Bronco. Anyone ever heard these speakers? Also considering Infinity Kappa 63xf
Sponsored

Last edited: