Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone,

We finally managed to get the B&M Short Shifter installed (finally with a little help from the local 4x4 shop). The feel is such a nice improvement over factory, but the physical shifting of the gear is TOUGH. I mean, you are really working your arm muscles just to get it from gear to gear, which seems off.

Anyone else encountered this? Not sure if this requires some lubrication, or adjustment somewhere?

Thanks in advance guys!
Mine was perfect at 1st, but started to get a little stiff after about a week, then actually started to squeak when I shifted it. I called tech support to find out what type of lube I could use, if any. Turns out they used to supply their own "shifter lube", but that has now been discontinued. When I asked what specifically this "shifter lube" was, he made it sound like it was basically white lithium spray grease. I pulled up the boot, and hosed the gimbal w/white lithium spray, and that seems to have done the trick! YMMV
Sponsored

shoptb2277

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2d 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was perfect at 1st, but started to get a little stiff after about a week, then actually started to squeak when I shifted it. I called tech support to find out what type of lube I could use, if any. Turns out they used to supply their own "shifter lube", but that has now been discontinued. When I asked what specifically this "shifter lube" was, he made it sound like it was basically white lithium spray grease. I pulled up the boot, and hosed the gimbal w/white lithium spray, and that seems to have done the trick! YMMV
Thank you! That’s what I will try next as it’s definitely an easy-to-do approach!