David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The documentation for this shows

• Upgrade to One-Way or Bi-Directional remote start.
I couldn't find any further info on this. Do you get notifications on your fob if the security system goes off with this? I know for myself I would want a notification if my system keeps going off.
No, there's no notifications on the stock fob. You have to add the extra antenna and get the 2-way remote start only fob to get confirmation the truck has started. It won't let you know when the alarm goes off. Correction: the extra antenna is optional, it just increases range.
HOWEVER. You can turn on Securialert via the ford app, and that WILL let you know when the shock sensor or the perimeter alarm goes off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered the parts per numbers posted. Worked out just fine. With his install directions it’s about a 15 minute project for the module. Have to go pick up the led tomorrow.

The hard plug can be reached if you have a set of small hands available while mounted. Posting a pic of the plug. Not sure if you can get zip ties on it while still mounted.

Yes it does work with the doors off. Climbing in will not set it off. But a smack or knee bump will chirp the horn.
After it’s armed and you set it off it will time out and rearm. When you go out and hit unlock it will honk twice to tell you it was set off.

Thanks again for finding the parts and the write up! Much appreciated
9249770E-2220-4374-A720-1A189D1034C1.jpeg
36728159-A1D7-40A9-B2B7-A7A41B30B0B5.jpeg
981AB56C-A9D5-4128-A29A-C4B28CD0A186.jpeg
Glad it worked out for you. I’m happy my writeup helped. Now you have a much improved system.
Cheers, Paul

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

all your examples are in DC, doesn't appear to be that prevalent in the general DMV
It's very prevalent in DC, but Maryland and Virginia is seeing alot of wheel/tire thefts as well. I dont want to overwhelm the thread with links, but just google MD or VA wheel thefts. I found articles encompassing areas throughout the DMV. "from Hagerstown to Woodbridge" per the wusa9 link I already posted.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad it worked out for you. I’m happy my writeup helped. Now you have a much improved system.
Cheers, Paul
did i miss it in the posts but how do you adjust sensitivity with this system add on? Dealer already installed mine($40) but it doesn't seem any different. Is there even a way to adjust sensitivity?

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did i miss it in the posts but how do you adjust sensitivity with this system add on? Dealer already installed mine($40) but it doesn't seem any different. Is there even a way to adjust sensitivity?
Turn the knob to decrease or increase sensitivity.

8307BB27-7E91-4D8F-9049-1994BB36BC3B.png

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I went to turn up the sensitivity knob and this is what I see. The original module in mine looks different than O/P but nowhere is the enhance module under the dash. Im friends with the owner so hes a little upset if they charged me the install and never installed it. Unfortunately for them i tested the unit and it didn't even seem to work. So i went to adjust the sensitivity and found the tech never put the module in. If there was no module to install, why charge me for it. I told my friend(the owner) that I'm not dumb but if I was some average person that didn't ever look I woulda been screwed out of $235 for the module and install costs.
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 20220716_110941

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I went to turn up the sensitivity knob and this is what I see. The original module in mine looks different than O/P but nowhere is the enhance module under the dash. Im friends with the owner so hes a little upset if they charged me the install and never installed it. Unfortunately for them i tested the unit and it didn't even seem to work. So i went to adjuat the sensitivity and found the tech never put the module. If there was no module to install, why charge me for it.
20220716_110941.jpg
That silver device is the existing module that the perimeter plus plugs in line with. I don’t see the perimeter plus module in your picture.
They could have placed it somewhere else. Check the cable at the bottom of the silver module to see if there’s a T cable in line and if it goes elsewhere. It is hard to get to though.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That silver device is the existing module that the perimeter plus plugs in line with. I don’t see the perimeter plus module in your picture.
They could have placed it somewhere else. Check the cable at the bottom of the silver module to see if there’s a T cable in line and if it goes elsewhere. It is hard to get to though.
I pulled the lower kick panel and the rubber flooring and I can't find it anywhere but I'll check a 3rd time

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I went to turn up the sensitivity knob and this is what I see. The original module in mine looks different than O/P but nowhere is the enhance module under the dash. Im friends with the owner so hes a little upset if they charged me the install and never installed it. Unfortunately for them i tested the unit and it didn't even seem to work. So i went to adjust the sensitivity and found the tech never put the module in. If there was no module to install, why charge me for it. I told my friend(the owner) that I'm not dumb but if I was some average person that didn't ever look I woulda been screwed out of $235 for the module and install costs.
20220716_110941.jpg
It looks like the plug for the module does have something connected to it. Follow the wires to see where they stuffed the perimeter plus module.
For reference here’s mine before install.
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 54744AE4-9C4F-49CF-AF49-FE21EC552FEE

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup A75967E1-BD87-4DDE-9DA7-CBF8B211FC3F

Different angle, but you can see the connection on the bottom. Yours appears to be disconnected and off to the side with possibly the perimeter plus module harness connected.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like the plug for the module does have something connected to it. Follow the wires to see where they stuffed the perimeter plus module.
For reference here’s mine before install.
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup A75967E1-BD87-4DDE-9DA7-CBF8B211FC3F

Different angle, but you can see the connection on the bottom. Yours appears to be disconnected and off to the side with possibly the perimeter plus module harness connected.
You're 100% correct I checked again and thr module is tucked way up where the firewall is up past a bunch of other wires and not visible

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're 100% correct I checked again and thr module is tucked way up where the firewall is up past a bunch of other wires and not visible
Can you get a picture of it? Curious where they put it. I just zip tied mine to a dash frame tube but think it’s not as sensitive as it should be there.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled it out and am gonna mount it where the o/p put it. Turning sensitivity up is definitely clockwise. Counter clockwise is where it was at and barely did anything. Now it works.
Sponsored