Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Purchased from Ford accessories, $234 shipped. Bought the light from eBay $10. Ford wanted 15 plus mandatory install added for 48, too much, ebay is cheaper, part number Google search if you run into same issue.
https://accessories.ford.com/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325212573852

Ford accessories is a mess. They don't have any of my past purchases on file or my address. But they had saved my credit card from before, so good luck with their site if you go that way
I rarely buy anything directly from ford accessories. I usually go on ebay as the ford parts stores there are competitive with each other. I got that security module for $192 with shipping on Monday with the other stores ranging around $205. I’m in the hunt for a security drawer now but I absolutely will not pay $700 for it.
Sponsored

Wanderlux

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed it without the light. I had it going off almost every time I armed the car, about 20 sec later. I don’t get any alerts on my FordPass. I had the hood latch replaced and it rarely goes off now after I arm it. I wish I can get the alerts on my app, that’s the only thing bugging me left. Btw, someone wrote that the bottom plug doesn’t snap to the module already installed, it did for me it just took a few tries to get an angle to push it in and I finally heard the snap. Other than that, I did zipped tied it to the top of the existing module it connects to. I did not have to remove it, it’s really difficult to take the bolts off.

I tried removing the car from the FordPass app and as recommended in other threads but that didn’t solve the issue. I still don’t get any alerts. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
So.... the glove box dampner, just pull on it and it comes out?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I found this, but what exactly do I need to do so I dont break anything?

Screenshot_20240401_202822_Drive.jpg

Wanderlux

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Squeeze the sides until it drops down. Then just give it a soft pull down and it will disconnect. I can record a video after it’s done getting washed from our off-road weekend.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squeeze the sides until it drops down. Then just give it a soft pull down and it will disconnect. I can record a video after it’s done getting washed from our off-road weekend.

This showed me, thanks.
I probably would have pulled that inside tang off that holds it to the glove box

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

This showed me, thanks.
I probably would have pulled that inside tang off that holds it to the glove box

I broke the hell out of mine. It still closes fine and stops at some point that it doesn't spill all over, so whatever.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did this today, you can probably do it without removing the 3 nuts, but I eventually ended up removing the nuts. the silver box is still hooked to something at the front vehical side, I couldn't make it out. but removing the nuts allows enough play to get it hooked up.

Wrench for 3 nuts is 8mm.

Zip tied to silver thing, seems to work.

Haven't drilled speaker cover yet

Didn't receive notification when playing with it. Does honk if I try to get in door when locked

Didn't break anything, so that's A+ for me

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 20240413_155508

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 20240413_155620

Sponsored

Wanderlux

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m taking mine back to the dealership for a third time because the alarm keeps going off after I arm it. They replaced a weather strip and the hood latch. Took it home and it’s gone off 3 times in less than 2 days. Still yet to receive any alerts on the app.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any way to leave the alarm installed and still turn it off?

I haven't looked in the menus yet.

I did receive notification that alarm was triggered. I think there might be some delay.

If you receive alert in app, can you disable alarm on app?

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did this today, you can probably do it without removing the 3 nuts, but I eventually ended up removing the nuts. the silver box is still hooked to something at the front vehical side, I couldn't make it out. but removing the nuts allows enough play to get it hooked up.

Wrench for 3 nuts is 8mm.

Zip tied to silver thing, seems to work.

Haven't drilled speaker cover yet

Didn't receive notification when playing with it. Does honk if I try to get in door when locked

Didn't break anything, so that's A+ for me

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 20240413_155620

Isn't it supposed to "honk" if someone is trying to open the door? Otherwise it is just like the original perimeter alarm.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't it supposed to "honk" if someone is trying to open the door? Otherwise it is just like the original perimeter alarm.
Yes, it honks if you mess with the car, and if you are rougher the alarm goes off. It also sends an alert to the app.

It basically wakes up the system. Before, my alarm never went off, now it does when I bump into the bronco or try the handle on a locked car.

Inexpensive and easy install, no reason not to do it. The system is already installed, this wakes it up.

Good for parking in garages downtown or this yesterday, and that's in a really nice neighborhood
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/columbus/police-20-cars-have-windows-smashed-at-n-high-st-restaurant/

Plus it comes with stickers, and who doesn't like stickers?

Last edited:

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m taking mine back to the dealership for a third time because the alarm keeps going off after I arm it. They replaced a weather strip and the hood latch. Took it home and it’s gone off 3 times in less than 2 days. Still yet to receive any alerts on the app.
Is this the regular alarm or did you install the perimeter plus?
Sponsored