35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the first time in my life my tiny hands helped me get something done. All installed in 45 minutes.

A little confusing at first but it's working now. Wish I had it back when I was broken into.
Sponsored

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 0ne

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finished the install... some notes:
1) The bottom plug is very difficult to remove.. my bloody hand finally got it out.
2) The bottom plug does not stay clicked into the aluminum electrical box. It doesn't click at all and just falls out under it's own weight. I had to zip-tie the plug to ensure it stays connected.
3) Not very sensitive at all (at highest setting). Shaking the whole vehicle hardly sets it off. It is zip-tied as tight as possible.

Worth it? Eh maybe.. better than nothing. I wanted it to honk when trying to open the door.. but it only honks 50% of the time.

Last edited:
  • Sad

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a great write up and helped immensely! My only suggestion would be to remove the three nuts that hold the the original module in remove the plug facing the passenger seat, remove the wiring harness support from the lower back side of the module and pull the thing up to get at the plug in the bottom. I ran out of expletives before following my own instructions above.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Be careful if you turn the sensitivity up high. For some reason mine kept locking/unlocking the doors every few minutes until the battery save came on. Turned it down a bit and now it’s no issue.

• Wow

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice write-up. Have mine apart and in process of installing now. Would like to put the LED in the center switch console with the rear differential control. Have this removed and would like to take apart to see if feasible. Has anyone taken this switch assembly apart, and if so, how?
Put mine here

2023-07-17 17.57.42.jpg

Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it only arm by locking with the FOB? Or does the keypad lock arm it as well?
Keypad arms it as well.

Resurrecting this thread to thank the OP. It helped out a lot.

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since this seems to be the thread where most questions about the system are answered... Does anyone know where I can download a .pdf of the perimeter plus owner's manual? That unlock-unlock-unlock-lock combo is a good tip, I've also noticed that now that I have the alarm, I have to hit unlock-lock-remote start-remote start for the remote start to work, instead of just hitting the start button twice.

I've also had recent issues where the alarm is going off if I open the truck by using the auto-unlock feature from the driver or passenger handle - like it isn't giving the truck enough time to recognize that I'm a legit driver and not a thief.

• Wow

Sponsored

Mike Wickham

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Glenjafett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it odd that some people say it goes off all the time, and other say it's not sensitive at all.

I installed and it literally takes a very hard slap on the car to make it chirp. Sensitivity is turned all the way up (clockwise), zip tied as tight as possible to the OE module.

I'm certainly open to feedback.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find it odd that some people say it goes off all the time, and other say it's not sensitive at all.

I installed and it literally takes a very hard slap on the car to make it chirp. Sensitivity is turned all the way up (clockwise), zip tied as tight as possible to the OE module.

I'm certainly open to feedback.
That’s the way it works. Mine is the same. Have it anymore sensitive than that and the wind will set it off. I was torquing my wheels the other day and it chirped twice. The 3rd time I deliberately got it to go off by taping the passenger glass and it went nuts. Got a notification on my ford app with in 15 seconds.

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed mine today. Thanks for this write up. I tested the led and it works but I’ll put the led in its final place tomorrow as I’m running out of daylight now. I’m thinking of putting it near the row with the hazard lights / off-road switches. I’ll look up how to get behind there tonight.

I’ve previously put this type of module in a F150 and Explorer and the Explorer was by far the worst for installing. This one wasn’t too bad.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Purchased from Ford accessories, $234 shipped. Bought the light from eBay $10. Ford wanted 15 plus mandatory install added for 48, too much, ebay is cheaper, part number Google search if you run into same issue.
https://accessories.ford.com/ford-perimeter-plus-vehicle-security-system-5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325212573852

Ford accessories is a mess. They don't have any of my past purchases on file or my address. But they had saved my credit card from before, so good luck with their site if you go that way
Sponsored

Last edited: