First Name
Pao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there anyway we can adjust the Bronco's instrument cluster auto brightness setting? My lights are in Auto all the time by default and so, every time I drive my Wildtrak into a shaded area during daytime, it automatically dims both my dash and infotainment, which makes the information hard to see. Obviously, the quick fix is to turn the light dial all the way to the off position, but it's a minor annoyance that truly adds up overtime. Granted my two front windows are tinted to match the factory rear windows and my windshield has the lightest tint available (the ceramic kind that supposedly does not interfere with sensors), but this problem does not occur with the five other cars we have in the garage with a similar tint situation.

Otherwise, my Wildtrak is a lot of fun to drive :)

If there's no fix to this, hopefully lurkers from Ford's technical team can add this to future software updates that take into account time of day in their light sensors.
Sponsored

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've noticed this on my BD too. Shortly after sunrise or shortly before sunset. Like the system can't decide what to do. First time, I thought I was imagining it. Second time, I thought there was a problem onboard. I understand what's causing it, I too wish there was a setting to disable the auto-brightness.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't figured it out yet. At least on my 2017 F150, it would dim/brighten slowly, and after a bit of a delay, so passing shadows from a tree wouldn't cause it to just go schitzo

The Bronco is on a hair trigger though - a butterfly flits across the sensor and it goes immediately full dim.
Sponsored