Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Blue is the worst. There's a reason phones and computers have "night time" or "eye comfort" modes which are really just blue light filters.

I've never understood why Ford insists on using blue in the majority of their vehicles.
Agreed whole heartedly. The Broncos I got are the first new vehicles I have had in a long time so haven't noted blue being used. My 02 Explorer uses green and some red with most of the area dark. On long trips at night I like to dim down the display to lower so I have less internal glare. I am not sure I can even do that on the bronco, but with the whole screen lit (and the radio screen the same) it is a lot of light.

I first noted companies / engineers getting enamored with blue in the latter 2000s when blue LEDs became cheaper, more reliable and were thus the new thing for instrumentation that used discrete LEDs and 7 segment displays and even backlight for monochromatic LCDs. It was a different look, and I suppose younger folks are less bothered, but it makes my eyes bug out. Cool looking may work on marketing material, but after using day to day, yuck.
Sponsored

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, I really do disagree with this.

My two main gripes with my Bronco is the cluster and auto stop start. I can fix one of them, but the other I cant. If I had a manual Bronco, I would surely hate it even more since the RPMs are a vertical bar. Gross.

I will just say, when I drive my old 06 Sierra, my eyes feel just `right` -- but when I'm in my Bronco, they feel just slightly annoyed.

Let me upgrade to the Braptor cluster -- that is niiiiiiiiice.

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's crazy that Ford used that RPM bar in manual Broncos. Forgivable in autos, but it still makes no sense as they put an electric gear switch on the shifter. I hope there's a rev limiter.

"Isn't that bad" sounds like someone is trying to make themselves feel better about a bad product.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want an analog tach - install one. Why wouldn't they put hood struts on a 65k vehicle? Your guess is as good as mine.
Because Ford spent the money on capability and didn't waste it on luxury? lol

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since 2020 I always chalked it up to a deliberate omission for a cycle refresh, or maybe even a Year 2 or 3 change. Same for rear A/C. Was not surprised the Braptor stepped up with the digital gauge, as that will make it's way (at this point) into 2024? regular broncos.

I was one of the early guys (Day 1 res, and got my bronco 12+ months ago), and kind of viewed the gauges as that vintage trait associated with the first run bronco. As if I embraced the flaws that made the first model year special...Like if i were to go to sell in 15 years, someone would say, oh man, look at that first run 2021 bronco in antimatter blue and analog gauges....but seeing how the gauges have been continuing on for 2022/23, its harder to make the same argument.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed whole heartedly. The Broncos I got are the first new vehicles I have had in a long time so haven't noted blue being used. My 02 Explorer uses green and some red with most of the area dark. On long trips at night I like to dim down the display to lower so I have less internal glare. I am not sure I can even do that on the bronco, but with the whole screen lit (and the radio screen the same) it is a lot of light.

I first noted companies / engineers getting enamored with blue in the latter 2000s when blue LEDs became cheaper, more reliable and were thus the new thing for instrumentation that used discrete LEDs and 7 segment displays and even backlight for monochromatic LCDs. It was a different look, and I suppose younger folks are less bothered, but it makes my eyes bug out. Cool looking may work on marketing material, but after using day to day, yuck.
You can turn the main display off but it requires a few clicks through menus to do it.

There's also buttons next to the headlight switch that dim or brighten the cluster and infotainment display

But yea, some of my cars have had white and red lighting and it's worlds easier on the eyes.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "gages" kinda suck. Why can't the fuel economy gage at least give you a couple reference numbers and a tick for where your average is?

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't understand the point of the analog speedo it doesn't add anything
I would be fine with the analog speedo if I could remove the speed readout from the digital display and use that real estate for something else.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cluster was designed by someone that never drove a car, it is abysmal. I thought the 1984 Corvette would hold the title of World's Worst Dash, but Ford proved me wrong.

Sponsored

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This, courtesy of the Raptor!
Ford Bronco The instrument cluster isn't that bad 333120047_218190217401435_1575996404181393180_n

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Isn't that bad." Yeah, that about sums it up. It's neither good or bad enough to have a passionate opinion on.

coming soon
If anyone can pull it off it's you. 🍿

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"Isn't that bad." Yeah, that about sums it up. It's neither good or bad enough to have a passionate opinion on.

If anyone can pull it off it's you. 🍿
not me, but a very welcomed new member! it's in the works!!!

I'll buy one as soon as he finishes the swap.

the community will greatly benefit from his knowledge, experience and motivation.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not me, but a very welcomed new member! it's in the works!!!

I'll buy one as soon as he finishes the swap.

the community will greatly benefit from his knowledge, experience and motivation.
Looking forward to this. I’d really like the raptor cluster, but never felt like dropping the coin to try it.
Sponsored