First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only gripe (about the dash) is the analog speedo and digital tach. Should have been reversed for manual transmission owners. It's actually my biggest pet peeve for the entire vehicle. 2nd place goes to carpet in the back of the back seats in MGV washout interior. 3rd place is manual transmission not getting trail turn assist
Nailed it all around.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, there’s an analog speedometer to the left. Seems to be a waste of space…. perhaps a federal requirement? Or required by some states (it only takes one…). Anyway, I do not find the digital/analog (straight up bar graph) tachometer to be an issue. In the 60’s one would have killed for for a display like this. A quick glance tells you the RPM. I thought it worked great “off-road”, trying to keep my RPM‘s up or down depending on the oil temperature while creeping along.

Just today I noticed the Pitch & Roll screen displays the steering angle. Could be very helpful in some circumstances.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco is great. The Dash... is a compete dumpster fire.

It's not that hard. Just take a look at an F-150 dash. Everything you want in a reasonable location.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want an analog tach - install one. Why wouldn't they put hood struts on a 65k vehicle? Your guess is as good as mine.

N3M0

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Forester XT, 13 Golf TDI,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every time I am in a long boring Teams meeting at work and I am sitting there dicking around with different clock faces on my apple watch I think....why the hell can't Ford allow customization to a digital screen....for free. Like have a dozen different gauge clusters and layouts to pick from. I am sure there are a million reasons why they can't/won't, all of them hold no water in the world of todays tech.
The 2024 Mustang has this. No great reason they couldn't ad it to the Bronco. I've got a 23 BB MT on order and I was hoping they'd rethink their work prior to mine arriving. https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a41209180/2024-ford-mustang-fox-body-gauge-cluster/

Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't understand the point of the analog speedo it doesn't add anything
I honestly never even see it. It's blocked by my positioning. Maybe accidentally on purpose since it's 100% useless.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The instrument cluster reminds me of communism. Great on paper, but an utter cluster**k in reality.

Someone designed it in an office and went "this is perfect!" But never had to see it in action.

(This is not meant as a political post. I'm illustrating a point. Sheesh)
I am pretty sure the instrument cluster designer doesn't know what a clutch is, let alone know how to operate it.

No one who drove a manual would have have designed an instrument panel like this.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am pretty sure the instrument cluster designer doesn't know what a clutch is, let alone know how to operate it.

No one who drove a manual would have have designed an instrument panel like this.
1985 Corvette came with a manual....

Ford Bronco The instrument cluster isn't that bad IMG_2218

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly never even see it. It's blocked by my positioning. Maybe accidentally on purpose since it's 100% useless.
Yeah, I can't see it either. My left arm/hand completely blocks it.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1985 Corvette came with a manual....

Ford Bronco The instrument cluster isn't that bad IMG_2218
From Car and Driver: It defers to the bizarre only with its video-game instrument panel, which features all manner of multicolored, liquid-crystal bar graphs and digital displays in metric and English.

The instrument cluster was considered a joke back then, same with the instrument cluster on the original Honda S2000. Engineering running amok and forgetting what the original purpose of gauges are for: providing relevant information to the driver at a glance.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From Car and Driver: It defers to the bizarre only with its video-game instrument panel, which features all manner of multicolored, liquid-crystal bar graphs and digital displays in metric and English.

The instrument cluster was considered a joke back then, same with the instrument cluster on the original Honda S2000. Engineering running amok and forgetting what the original purpose of gauges are for: providing relevant information to the driver at a glance.
agreed, it was mostly a shitpost. GM has never made a good instrument cluster. ever.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you ever take the top off/open during the summer? How did the digital dash do in direct sunlight?

Was it ever hard to see while driving in sunny conditions?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3rd place is manual transmission not getting trail turn assist
This one makes sense to me. Ford is saving service departments across the country a lot of clutch issues.
Sponsored