Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m fine with it that way but wouldn’t mind full digital in that style. Make the left side configurable, be able to make it a tachometer or speed. They did a good job with the full digital instrument panel in the Mustang.
I'd have preferred all digital like my Mustang.
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd have preferred all digital like my Mustang.
I would prefer they did the same with the Bronc because they did a great job on the Mustang's. I liked how it would change based on the driving mode you were in.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would prefer they did the same with the Bronc because they did a great job on the Mustang's. I liked how it would change based on the driving mode you were in.
Yup, and you're able to set it to one of those alternate styles all the time if you wish.

The "customizability" of it is nice.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are all digital signals now. We just get an analog representation of a digital signal. It would be ludicrous, regarding reliability, to take a digital signal and convert that into an actual mechanical “steam gauge”.
All of the military had gone (or going to) “glass cockpits” vs. the old steam gauges (analogue). Future upgrading is easier, reliability is much better. FWIW. Just don’t booger it up Ford like the new defender.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are we any closer to knowing if manual Broncos get an analog tachometer?

Sure, I can drive a manual without a tach but I don’t want to. I’d like to be able to see where the current RPM is relative to the powetband.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are all digital signals now. We just get an analog representation of a digital signal. It would be ludicrous, regarding reliability, to take a digital signal and convert that into an actual mechanical “steam gauge”.
All of the military had gone (or going to) “glass cockpits” vs. the old steam gauges (analogue). Future upgrading is easier, reliability is much better. FWIW. Just don’t booger it up Ford like the new defender.
Cars since the 1980s have had analog "steam gauges" controlled by digital signals. Such gauges are reliable as stones. Using a screen with graphics is just a less expensive way to represent the data. Hopefully the screens Ford uses for the New Bronco are Built Ford Tough.

Last edited: