Sponsored

Insurance cost insight by those that already have their Bronco?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest question is theft potential, IMO. I sold insurance for years and see the comprehensive coverage being substantial, especially considering the typical owner and their driving intentions (windshields, weather damage)
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The biggest question is theft potential, IMO. I sold insurance for years and see the comprehensive coverage being substantial, especially considering the typical owner and their driving intentions (windshields, weather damage)
Good point. Something I forgot to bring up. Garaged or not.

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My gladiator diesel is $64/month id assume similar for a bronco
$250 deductible on everything $300k coverage
40 single great credit nothing on driving record
Homeowners insurance + 3 vehicles on policy 2 drivers
San Diego

I also have coverage for $9000 worth of aftermarket parts

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

California in general has a pretty competitve auto insurance market from what I recall. Florida is rough because of no-fault coverage and fraud (I see you, Miami).

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
California in general has a pretty competitve auto insurance market from what I recall. Florida is rough because of no-fault coverage and fraud (I see you, Miami).
Yep. My insurance went up quite a bit when I moved down here., but my property tax is super low due to being rated permanent and total disability from the VA. It evens itself out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a 17 yr old driver, so I’ll just bend over when they send the bill.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good input, thanks! What Farmers told me is apparently way too high. I just went through a quick quote with geico online, just for the Bronco, didn't add the other cars or house and got just a tad over $600/6 months, much better.
I think I'm gonna see if I find a good broker that works with more than one company. Been with Farmers since we bought the house, but not staying at that outrageous quote.

Oddly geico didn't ask for trim or VIN or anything, quite a difference in price between a naked base and my loaded BL. Odd.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ran a quote with progressive who I have had for 3+ years. With excellent liability and everything else, 500 collision, 100 deductible with $0 glass, rental. It came to $410 every 6 months. Better coverage and a little cheaper than my Ranger.

TJ308

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL, lux, tow 6 mo from progressive for full coverage 500 comp/collision 470. And some change live in IA

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a quote from Farmers for my Badlands of about $1500/6 months, quite hefty. We also have house and two older cars with them, so some discounts.
I'd be curious to know what kind of quotes those of you that already have their rig or got a quote via their VIN were told? Please add what company and also what trim of Bronco you have. I know prices vary from state to state and within states, so maybe add your state as well. I'm in CA.
Mine is a Badlands with Sasquatch and LUX and tow, I never had such an expensive car, so that quote might just be what it costs, I won't change for small differences but would do so if the savings would be substantial.

Lots of variables in this of course, also at what level you insure and all that, but maybe hearing from a couple people here can give us a bit of an idea what to expect. I might also contact a broker, but I always feel I'm getting scammed in one way or other by those, LOL.

Thanks!
you can also call your insurance company prior to getting your Bronco and ask them for a rate ... thats what I did

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good input, thanks! What Farmers told me is apparently way too high. I just went through a quick quote with geico online, just for the Bronco, didn't add the other cars or house and got just a tad over $600/6 months, much better.
I think I'm gonna see if I find a good broker that works with more than one company. Been with Farmers since we bought the house, but not staying at that outrageous quote.

Oddly geico didn't ask for trim or VIN or anything, quite a difference in price between a naked base and my loaded BL. Odd.
The good news for mine is the quote should go down on my '21 Bronco by the time I receive it in '22. :)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a quote from Farmers for my Badlands of about $1500/6 months, quite hefty. We also have house and two older cars with them, so some discounts.
Allstate, Bronco Badlands 4D, $250 collision, $100 comprehensive, $875.32.

But we live in Utah, so I'm sure it varies by state. What they asked for your Bronco, that's almost as much as I pay for my Bronco and my wife's Lincoln Corsair.

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

$467 every six months for my 4dr FE. $500 deductible, 250/500k limits.

Suburbs of Chicago, middle aged with clear driving record.

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depending on the deductible I go with, looking at $499 with $0 glass, I will add $250-280/6 months for insurance. I also doubled the deductible on the car that’s already on my policy and removed the rental car insurance for it.

If I kept both cars at a $249 deductible I was looking at adding less than $400/6 months.

oh I’m with progressive in Texas.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did a quote through progressive on the type I'm getting and my policy went up $138 for 6 months. That's $1,000 comp and collision. I'm in Ohio
Sponsored