Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
"Complaint" suggests I am unhappy, so on that basis, I have no complaints. Here are some things I wish would be different or could be options, not in any particular order:

• Ability to get power seats with memory for two-door models
  • Reduced wind noise at freeway speed
  • Ability to customize driver screen, with an analog-style tach to replace the redundant digital speedometer and weird bar tach. This could be done with an OTA software update.
It would be nice if I could get about 6" more cargo depth and a larger gas tank, but not if it ruined the look. So far, the gas tank hasn't been an issue as our friends always want to start each day with a full tank, so they're fueling up just as often, despite their larger tanks. On the trail, I've never been low on fuel.

Most peoples' complaints seem to be about features their Broncos lack. I'm glad I wanted Badlands and got the Lux package, but I can understand if someone wanted a lower trim and Lux but Ford won't let them have it. It seems like there are probably plenty of customers that don't need front lockers, skid plates and disconnecting sway bars but would like the Lux options.

The real surprise to me at page 27 of this thread is how many people seem to always leave their vehicle while it's running. What is the scenario where you need to get out but not for long enough to shut off the Bronco? Even so, just don't close the door all the way. With our Escape, the two or three times in 9+ years we've ever done that, I just close the door without latching it and no honk.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like I said before... and now that I am past 18 months and over 10k miles it still just feels cheap. And this is comparing it directly to the 2007 JK with over 225k miles I sold when I bought this. I dig this car a lot but it really feels like Ford cut every corner possible, especially on the inside.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing big. Little things. Lack of storage and rear cup holder. Working on my own design. Console lid is a little far back and not balanced right. Likes to keep closing while accessing console. CarPlay is finicky and slow much of the time. No rear AC vents on a 55k trim. Or any trim level for that matter. Overall I am very pleased and love driving it. No regrets.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nothing big. Little things. Lack of storage and rear cup holder. Working on my own design. Console lid is a little far back and not balanced right. Likes to keep closing while accessing console. CarPlay is finicky and slow much of the time. No rear AC vents on a 55k trim. Or any trim level for that matter. Overall I am very pleased and love driving it. No regrets.
Oh yeah, no rear cup holders. WTF was wrong with Ford with that.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah, no rear cup holders. WTF was wrong with Ford with that.
That's a Bronco XL thing, as I definitely have cupholders in the rear. Each is on the outboard side. ;) 😁

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hardtop wind noise by a mile.
Don't have a Bronco (yet) but rented a BLsas for a day and I must agree. That road noise makes my Wrangler look like a refined sedan in comparison. If Ford had built the thing with a fixed cab I would probably be thinking about plucking down some outrageous ADM. Now I am having second thoughts, may sit on this for a few years until the one piece third party hard tops come down to reasonable price lelves. After dring a Wrangler soft top for 7 years I am soooo done with road noise. What was Ford thinking? There was surely a way to build a less shitty hard top. My read is that they tried to make it as light as possible and in the process sacrificed its functionality.

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest complaint (if it's even a complaint) is that for the 7MT there's seemingly no point to have both 5th and 6th gear. Both are overdrive gears, but they're spaced so close together that if I need to downshift from 6th (like if I'm going up a grade), 5th is still way too high too and I need to go into 4th. I almost never use 5th gear because it just doesn't seem like there's really any situation where it's useful.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

-Wonky shift points (want to get the ProCal tune).
-My hard top is pretty great but I'm kinda scared to take it off, but probably will anyways once the weather is nicer, and if something happens get it warrantied.
-Couple of weird noises, and have slight binding when I did go to 4A (going to get that checked out next time I'm at dealer)

Other than that, I really enjoy my Bronco. Those don't really annoy me day-to-day, but just things I'll get checked out.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
12,600 miles and no complaints

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t like the electric E brake or where it is placed. I would prefer the old pull handle in the center.
If I never have to adjust the parking brake cable, that's a win. Also, I've had to replace parking brake shoes (yes, shoes, even on a vehicle with 4-wheel disc brakes) because someone drove around without fully disengaging the parking brake. For me, it was just a matter of learning a different way to engage/disengage, which is no different than how some vehicles use a foot pedal, and others use a hand lever. Now that the majority of my vehicles have an electrically-engaged parking brake, I'm used to it. One of my vehicles will automatically engage the brake if I park on an incline, which is cool.

WaymoreLoco

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's just in an inconvenient spot for us with the manual transmission and I think it would be easier off road to have the cable type hand brake. I guess y'all with automatic transmissions probably like the brake as is.

BBQBennz

Black Diamond
First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2001 Z06 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

only 2 items that i have not seen for the aftermarket to take care of & for the many items Ford left for them:
1. Across the list of models, there is no Oil Pressure gauge - seems like that could be something a sending unit and connection to the Ford Pro Cal or other computer software connection would resolve.
2. Rear seat could fold up like most pick ups do. No option in the aftermarket yet.

I am good with my BD manual trans sasq. hardtop though.
Sponsored