l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read through this whole article, and really like the concept of it. I'm waiting to see v2 in gray, and wondered if something like an FRP coating inside the housing would provide extra stability.
Sponsored

Bluegorilla

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Okay, the wait is much longer than I expected being that I've heard similar timeframes back in March.

If I continue to wait, will my lightbar still be covered under warranty? I pre-ordered with the groupbuy and received it in October. I don't want to wait and then be told that my warranty expired.

Looking on Oracle's website, it looks like the light bar only has a 1 year warranty.

@ORACLE Lighting @JP_Oracle

Would my light bar/housing still be covered under warranty if the replacement housings get pushed (again) past the 6-8 weeks mentioned? I haven't heard back from my last post if it's going to still be covered.

OracleLights

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, the wait is much longer than I expected being that I've heard similar timeframes back in March.

If I continue to wait, will my lightbar still be covered under warranty? I pre-ordered with the groupbuy and received it in October. I don't want to wait and then be told that my warranty expired.

Looking on Oracle's website, it looks like the light bar only has a 1 year warranty.
Sorry for missing this! We go by the shipping/delivery dates for our warranties so your warranty has not begun yet.

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013, 2020,2022 Shelby Gt500s, Explorer St, C8 Ver
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m posting this as a warning to other Oracle light bar owners and potential owners. If your existing light bar housing is cracked, remove it from the light bar before it complete breaks off your Bronco. My housing broke from the driver’s mounting points. This cracking is much worse than my previous posts on the housing cracking in the middle “support braces/pillars”.

This happened since I’ve been waiting months for a replacement housing, mid-March to be exact. I’ve message Justin a few times for updates and received similar messages about production delays. I totally understand manufacturing delays so I continued to wait.

In mid-June, I again messaged Justin for an update, as I was a sponsor for the Chicagoland Bronco’s Broncopalooza anniversary event. At many off road events, people ask about the Oracle light bar each time and they immediately see the cracked housing. I was hoping to get the replacement before Broncopalooza (July 29th), so I can avoid this awkward conversation about waiting over 4 months without a replacement housing.

Prior to arriving at Broncopalooza, I heard a loud "thump" on the highway. Once at the event, I noticed the housing completely broken from the mounting points of the light bar and lifted up and away from the Bronco. I didn’t have any tools with me so I tried to tape it down with the little materials I had. Luckily, the Bronco community came through and we took the housing off before it completely broke off from the Bronco. Many spectators saw and came in to ask about the light bar. It’s a shame that I had to share my experience with the light bar (and Oracle) and tell them to avoid buying it if possible. The light bar is a good concept. I really wanted to like it despite all the issues with it, but I think it’s time to start looking at other alternatives.

PXL_20230729_181241976.jpg

PXL_20230729_181244088.jpg
PXL_20230729_181245925.jpg
PXL_20230729_181238339.jpg
PXL_20230729_181228188.jpg
PXL_20230729_181229510.jpg
PXL_20230729_181230594.jpg
PXL_20230731_002823981.jpg
PXL_20230731_002847179.jpg
Interesting, I’m new to this site and just picked up my new 23 Badlands Sasquatch 2 weeks ago, immediately purchased the oracle roof light bar, installed it and it looks great! However after installing it and driving initially all was good, then I noticed a rattling noise from the light bar area at highway speeds. Upon checking the light bar has a bow in it at the middle area and is distorted. However once I park it in the garage the bow is gone. Drove today cold it’s fine, after about 1 hour in the sun it bows and distorts and starts rattling. So I rechecked the mounting and torque and found all is good. Definitely a problem with materials/design.
Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_5935
Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco IMG_5934
IMG_5935.jpeg
IMG_5934.jpeg

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you read through this thread, I’m pretty sure Oracle is supposed to working on a “2.0” version of this light bar. I’m really interested in it and waiting to see what improvements have been made

Sponsored

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you read through this thread, I’m pretty sure Oracle is supposed to working on a “2.0” version of this light bar. I’m really interested in it and waiting to see what improvements have been made
. Thank you, interesting…. I would think that Oracle with knowledge of this issue would hold further sales of a known defect. In my case I purchased the light bar literally 2 weeks ago with a trip planned in 3 weeks to take a road trip from Florida up the east coast to the northeast, I’ll be removing it so I don’t have to deal with the rattling and wind noise for 2500 miles. When cold it looks like there is no problem
IMG_6014.jpeg
IMG_6015.jpeg

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m pretty sure they monitor this thread and will respond or reach out to you. If not DM them. Like I’ve said before in this thread, not trying to throw shade at the manufacturer especially since I don’t own the product; but I am really interested in it.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Blowncobra should of got the 2.0 they said it was on the site. So @JP_Oracle did Blowncobra get the 1.0 or the 2.0?

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On page 18, post #268 Oracle mentions they are addressing the issues, haven’t seen mention of “2.0” when I just checked the site. Waiting to see their response on Monday.

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blowncobra should of got the 2.0 they said it was on the site. So @JP_Oracle did Blowncobra get the 1.0 or the 2.0?
On page 18, post #268 Oracle mentions they are addressing the issues, haven’t seen mention of “2.0” when I just checked the site. Waiting to see their response on Monday.
Interesting reading these posts, mine shipped on 8/8/23. It looks no different than those posted indicating issues, no internal supports or trusses etc. Just a hollow housing. 🤷🏼‍♂️ If I did get the version 2.0 I’d say they need a 3.0.

Sponsored

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting reading these posts, mine shipped on 8/8/23. It looks no different than those posted indicating issues, no internal supports or trusses etc. Just a hollow housing. 🤷🏼‍♂️ If I did get the version 2.0 I’d say they need a 3.0.
Well today I received the following from Oracle:

Thank you for your inquiry and I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your lights! In order to better assist you with any possible warranty options that we might have available, can you please share with me a photo or short video showing the issue that you are having?

Also, please include your most updated address.

Once I have this information I will be more than happy to assist you further.

I clearly identified the warping and noise in my email to them along with my order number. So either they have an AI auto response or they aren’t talking about some version 2.0. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a AI
giphy.gif
So, first I received an email they would send me a replacement housing to swap the lights into a new housing. I declined. Two days later I received an email stating a new redesigned housing is being developed and once it’s available I will be notified it’s available and I can receive the new design to swap out that housing. I’ve requested a return and refund. Waiting….. 🙄

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
1: They sound like they’re trying to do the right thing
2: Hopefully they get the design flaw/materials issue in short order.

🤔 I’ve always wondered, will the placement of the light bar hinder the replacing of the windshield if it shattered or got cracked. Blown Cobra, you’ve had it on your vehicle, what do you think?

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
1: They sound like they’re trying to do the right thing
2: Hopefully they get the design flaw/materials issue in short order.

🤔 I’ve always wondered, will the placement of the light bar hinder the replacing of the windshield if it shattered or got cracked. Blown Cobra, you’ve had it on your vehicle, what do you think?
Sponsored