First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wanted to take a moment to share how I DIY'd the gaskets for my new housing. But first, it's pretty easy to figure out how to transfer the light bar, though Oracle should include install instructions (and gaskets :rolleyes:).

You'll need to remove the light bar with a wrench, slide it off its "rails" inside the housing, and transfer it to the new bar. Just look at how it's mounted to the old housing to see what I mean.

Then you'll mount the new stabilizer brackets. That too, is pretty easy to figure out once you see everything lined up. Obviously, do this after you mount the light in the new housing.

Here's what I really wanted to share, I used some left over weatherstripping from my MIC top wind noise reduction project. I utilized the Z strip for the top perimeter, an "O" gasket to help create a 2nd layer behind the Z strip and a "D" strip which I cut off the rounded areas to create a thick single gasket for the bottom lip. That was the only way I could reliably mount a rubber gasket short of buying the neoprene gasket another person recommended in one of the above posts. It ain't pretty, but should be pretty decent at keeping out a lot of moisture and wind. Once mounted, I doubt my hatchet job of prep would show.

Pictures attached for reference, I will let everyone know how the new one performs once I install it fully.

Side note: I would highly recommend getting 15" wipers instead of using the 16 inch ones sent with the light, new housing or not. The 16" wipers sent with my original lightbar clipped the housing each time they swept across the windshield. I still have plenty of visibility with 15" wipers.

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

ORACLE Terry

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base
We wanted to give out an update for the Integrated Light Bar Housing for the ORACLE Lighting Integrated Winsheild Roof LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco. We understand that there are instances of warping, cracking, vibration and loud noises. We are offering redesigned housing under the 1 year manufacturer warranty period. Reach out to us directly for the replacement housing.

What was updated?: The cowling has recently been redesigned and is now engineered with additional mounting points in key structural positions along the housing to accommodate steel truss plates to hold the shape and rigidity of the light bar housing against wind and warping.

What is included?: 1x light bar, 1x housing, 4x bolt covers, 6x steel truss plates, installation hardware. **No Gaskets**

How do I replace my old housing with the updated housing?: There are 2x 13mm bolts on either side of the light bar that secures the light bar to the housing. Loosen these bolts, remove the light bar, and swap it over to your new housing. Tighten down the 13mm bolts and install your 6x steel truss plates. Reinstall back on your Bronco.

Where do the 6x steel truss brackets go?: These should be screwed into the pre-threaded holes as shown in the photo below.

Do I still need the gaskets?: No, the new updated housing comes with 6x steel truss plates. These plates are added to provide the support needed to prevent warping, cracking, and/or vibrations.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 5888_Housing_Install

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We wanted to give out an update for the Integrated Light Bar Housing for the ORACLE Lighting Integrated Winsheild Roof LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco. We understand that there are instances of warping, cracking, vibration and loud noises. We are offering redesigned housing under the 1 year manufacturer warranty period. Reach out to us directly for the replacement housing.

What was updated?: The cowling has recently been redesigned and is now engineered with additional mounting points in key structural positions along the housing to accommodate steel truss plates to hold the shape and rigidity of the light bar housing against wind and warping.

What is included?: 1x light bar, 1x housing, 4x bolt covers, 6x steel truss plates, installation hardware. **No Gaskets**

How do I replace my old housing with the updated housing?: There are 2x 13mm bolts on either side of the light bar that secures the light bar to the housing. Loosen these bolts, remove the light bar, and swap it over to your new housing. Tighten down the 13mm bolts and install your 6x steel truss plates. Reinstall back on your Bronco.

Where do the 6x steel truss brackets go?: These should be screwed into the pre-threaded holes as shown in the photo below.

Do I still need the gaskets?: No, the new updated housing comes with 6x steel truss plates. These plates are added to provide the support needed to prevent warping, cracking, and/or vibrations.

5888_Housing_Install.jpg
I think a few additional considerations should be made as it relates to these instructions.

1. There is no mention of how to disconnect existing wiring as you transfer from the old housing to the new one. I had wired the entry/exit lights to some aux switches, and those are separate wires from the primary lightbar, which is able to be disconnected from the longer-length harness which runs to the power source.

-My point here is, I did not want to cut the entry/exit wires and have to buy another set of heat shrink connectors, which were originally provided. So I did the swap entirely on my roof (with the wires intact); not the easiest install. Some instructions to cut the wires, and provide another set of heat shrink connectors would have made it infinitely easier.

2. It seems that after installing the lightbar that it is slightly out of alignment, aiming a little higher than it was prior. I know that adjusting the 13mm bolts would likely fix this, but again, having instructions included in the box would have made this easier. I would have waited another two weeks to get this housing if that meant that we would get a full write up and printed instructions in the box.

3. I see that gaskets are no longer needed, however, the guidance provided seems to imply that the gaskets on the original housing were there for stability and strength. I have never seen foam tape used for that purpose, it was always to cushion a hard surface from another one, or to seal out weather.

-By saying the improved housing no longer requires a gasket means that the hard plastic of the housing is contacting the paint across the roofline and A pillars, I don't know too many owners that would be okay with that. I certainly am not. I would consider re-thinking this guidance, even if it simply means you "recommend" adding thin neoprene tape, like members above added.

Overall, the new housing looks sturdy, and sure looks like an improvement. Just some considerations as you move forward sending out replacement housings.

Sponsored

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a few additional considerations should be made as it relates to these instructions.

1. There is no mention of how to disconnect existing wiring as you transfer from the old housing to the new one. I had wired the entry/exit lights to some aux switches, and those are separate wires from the primary lightbar, which is able to be disconnected from the longer-length harness which runs to the power source.

-My point here is, I did not want to cut the entry/exit wires and have to buy another set of heat shrink connectors, which were originally provided. So I did the swap entirely on my roof (with the wires intact); not the easiest install. Some instructions to cut the wires, and provide another set of heat shrink connectors would have made it infinitely easier.

2. It seems that after installing the lightbar that it is slightly out of alignment, aiming a little higher than it was prior. I know that adjusting the 13mm bolts would likely fix this, but again, having instructions included in the box would have made this easier. I would have waited another two weeks to get this housing if that meant that we would get a full write up and printed instructions in the box.

3. I see that gaskets are no longer needed, however, the guidance provided seems to imply that the gaskets on the original housing were there for stability and strength. I have never seen foam tape used for that purpose, it was always to cushion a hard surface from another one, or to seal out weather.

-By saying the improved housing no longer requires a gasket means that the hard plastic of the housing is contacting the paint across the roofline and A pillars, I don't know too many owners that would be okay with that. I certainly am not. I would consider re-thinking this guidance, even if it simply means you "recommend" adding thin neoprene tape, like members above added.

Overall, the new housing looks sturdy, and sure looks like an improvement. Just some considerations as you move forward sending out replacement housings.
I really appreciate that feedback!! Very thoughtful and I will pass along.

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned before, this lightbar is advertised compatible for soft tops which I do have. The lightbar shoots wind at the edge of my soft top causing the top to rattle from the inside looking for the air to escape. I received the gasket from Oracle that I did install plus additional weather stripping. I still have the same issue.

Now I have a unreturnable lightbar because I had to modify because of the soft top per Oracles instructions. I do not feel like I should have to throw away $1k like this.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm excited to see the updates, both with the communication from Oracle and the updated design, I flipped back and forth to the earlier thread pics and its a very obvious difference. I would appreciate getting a set of subtle, quality gaskets with this kit, since it both "finishes" the product and protects the truck its going on.

I say this as a very potential customer, and as a general comment to companies: don't cheap out on little crap in expensive kits. Provide good instructions, include the little hardware and parts needed, and go the extra step to ensure it is a COMPLETE kit. Heck, if you just tell me what kind of gaskets are the best, that's fine because I know that up front, and would still consider that advice being part of what I'm buying.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm excited to see the updates, both with the communication from Oracle and the updated design, I flipped back and forth to the earlier thread pics and its a very obvious difference. I would appreciate getting a set of subtle, quality gaskets with this kit, since it both "finishes" the product and protects the truck its going on.

I say this as a very potential customer, and as a general comment to companies: don't cheap out on little crap in expensive kits. Provide good instructions, include the little hardware and parts needed, and go the extra step to ensure it is a COMPLETE kit. Heck, if you just tell me what kind of gaskets are the best, that's fine because I know that up front, and would still consider that advice being part of what I'm buying.
So far the redesigned housing has been trouble free. No rattling noises at speeds up to 85 mph. Very solid. Love it!

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1707263387183

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So far the redesigned housing has been trouble free. No rattling noises at speeds up to 85 mph. Very solid. Love it!

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1707263387183
Great to hear!! That is a good looking Bronco.

Sponsored

radran

Black Diamond
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My lightbar housing broke off on I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson. Luckily it did not hit a vehicle behind me. I have emailed Oracle and I will post all interactions with them on this problem. Seems like they need to do a recall on all these light bars. It was very stressful to watch the thing flying through the air in my rearview mirror.

OracleLights

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My lightbar housing broke off on I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson. Luckily it did not hit a vehicle behind me. I have emailed Oracle and I will post all interactions with them on this problem. Seems like they need to do a recall on all these light bars. It was very stressful to watch the thing flying through the air in my rearview mirror.
Hello, sorry to hear about that experience. I see you are already working with someone on this matter, and I am confident our team will get you taken care of. We have revised the housings of the bars, offered replacements to all customers, and refitted all the bars in stock.

We are happy to help you or anyone else having concerns.

Thank you,

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Whats the difference between this design and the original?

5888_housing_install-jpg.jpg
Sponsored