Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What the fork?
Did a real quick mock-up of what i'm seeing here. The 2-door has the AWESOME pockets with color matched paint.

But with great power comes great responsibility. Choose wisely.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 161621.jpg
I am fairly confident this is a preproduction unit and they mixed some stuff up. Specifically the bronze dash wouldn't be mixed with navy pier.

I think they even showed what the navy pier dash materials would/should look like in the vid

The rest of it is still a mess though

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These interiors have really made me think more about selling early. and grabbing a 22MY with better interior and/or tops

What will be higher demand in a year for resell?

A good looking Black diamond? with simple trim
A super Badlands since it has simple trim
or a First Fugly Edition in Lighting Blue ?

From what I can tell a ton of FE buyers are jumping down to Badlands. Starting to wonder what that production volume will actually look like.

Time to start a new thread for a poll I guess

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is asking us to take a leap of faith in ordering this vehicle in December as the majority of us won't be able to view\feel\test drive our exact trim\color\material combo prior to that.

Videos like this become even more important to the process. Given the interest in this vehicle, you would think that they would put more effort into displaying the options in an accurate, more complete and professional manner.

BN and Ford absolutely dropped the ball.
They have all these events stroking themselves off bragging about how cool the bronco is and you go to build one and you're forced into a box of crayons color situation and no idea what option pricing is and what can go with what. This is bananas. I cannot believe a billion dollar company allowed this to happen. It is baffling.

Deleted member 13702

I looked at this after playing with the BP tool which left me disappointed until I saw this video. The badlands trim option is way better than it looked in the build and price tool. However, I will dread the summer with all that black vinyl interior and no top on. Probably should have called it black molten lava seats. In reality I'll probably put seat covers on for the summer, but other wise, well done Ford.

As far as the production quality of the video, I'm thinking they were trying to appeal to the fact that most of us buying this are down to earth outdoorsy types who would appreciate the casual approach they took. Apparently they missed the mark with some of you. But remember, regardless of your feelings, that's someone's wife, daughter, loved one who you are publicly trashing. Maybe understand that most car companies don't often release preproduction videos containing all the materials used in the interior, and that it was probably done in an attempt to satisfy rabid fan boys like yourselves. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m really surprised that one of their most front and featured Broncos had the white/grey interior and dash with the orange/red accents and now it seems there’s no option for that at all?
That’s not a mild modification, it’s just like they promoted a car they weren’t going to make. Unfortunately I’ll probably pull my reservation until the white interior/white top become available (if it ever does??)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as the production quality of the video, I'm thinking they were trying to appeal to the fact that most of us buying this are down to earth outdoorsy types who would appreciate the casual approach they took. Apparently they missed the mark with some of you. But remember, regardless of your feelings, that's someone's wife, daughter, loved one who you are publicly trashing. Maybe understand that most car companies don't often release preproduction videos containing all the materials used in the interior, and that it was probably done in an attempt to satisfy rabid fan boys like yourselves. Just my two cents for what it's worth.
The issue with the video is it just shows a few swatches and then a blurry zoomed in photo of a headrest. Hardly gives a good idea. My wife even asked "what is this video trying to show?"

Most car companies don't do this because you can go to the dealer and see an actual car. The video was a chance to get a good idea of interiors that we are ordering, basically, sight unseen. It failed at that and could have used some real production instead of a few haphazard shots.

Most here are frustrated with how Ford talks about how great the product is but fails to show a good representation of it.

It's a shame that the best images we've seen are from members here taking photos at event instead of the company making and selling the product.

They clearly spent maybe an afternoon making that video. Any one of us could have made the same thing with a cellphone. We just expected a little more effort on Ford's part.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at this after playing with the BP tool which left me disappointed until I saw this video. The badlands trim option is way better than it looked in the build and price tool. However, I will dread the summer with all that black vinyl interior and no top on. Probably should have called it black molten lava seats. In reality I'll probably put seat covers on for the summer, but other wise, well done Ford.

Just because we're outdoorsy doesn't mean we don't appreciate attention to detail, quality, and having your shit together. Don't confuse nice with stupid. This is the biggest model release Ford has had since the reintroduction of the mustang and it seems like they are fine with DIY youtube video quality as their initial walkthrough of interior color and materials? This is a mistake and i will bet that a lot of people are getting heat because of these boneheaded decisions. Remember, these decisions have giant ripple effects on stock price and also show how in lock step a company is. Wall Street and everyone else is watching this roll out and second guessing now if Ford will be able to manage to get the Bronco right. Let's hope they can realize what they've done wrong and course correct, otherwise, this Bronco is going to go away just like the last ones did.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What the fork?
I am fairly confident this is a preproduction unit and they mixed some stuff up. Specifically the bronze dash wouldn't be mixed with navy pier.

I think they even showed what the navy pier dash materials would/should look like in the vid

The rest of it is still a mess though
This isn't even a pssible combination, dunno why people keep posting it. Bronco Nation is retarded and should not have shown a mis matched interior.

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m so jazzed. That OBX bronze dash with the brown/black is going to look so good. Matches one of my Bell & Ross bronze watches! So sick of black/gray dashes.
1603473657673.jpeg
I like it too, but the bright blue accents and stitching seem like an odd choice. I've been going back and forth between area 51 and cactus gray, and now I'm trying to decide which looks better with that interior. Nice B&R. I've had a pvd diver but never bronze. Yours is getting a nice patina.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because we're outdoorsy doesn't mean we don't appreciate attention to detail, quality, and having your shit together. Don't confuse nice with stupid. This is the biggest model release Ford has had since the reintroduction of the mustang and it seems like they are fine with DIY youtube video quality as their initial walkthrough of interior color and materials? This is a mistake and i will bet that a lot of people are getting heat because of these boneheaded decisions. Remember, these decisions have giant ripple effects on stock price and also show how in lock step a company is. Wall Street and everyone else is watching this roll out and second guessing now if Ford will be able to manage to get the Bronco right. Let's hope they can realize what they've done wrong and course correct, otherwise, this Bronco is going to go away just like the last ones did.
I've often wondered if there's an internal struggle between those who think the outdoors/Bronco peeps are low brow and a purposeful failure is the only appropriate outcome for the whole off-road genre and those who really want a successful product. It feels like the handoff after the exterior/mechanical/interior was finished, it was given to the other crowd that laughs in our face and think all out door hicks love cammo as a fine upscale, classy textile. I just reeks of contempt.

Deleted member 13702

You're welcome to your opinion, the video served it's purpose for me. Also, I'm not particularly worried about my ford stock. I doubt that most people will be as persnickety about it as what I've seen on this thread. As I recall ford famously said with the model T that you can have any color as long as it's black and it seemed to work out just fine for them.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're welcome to your opinion, the video served it's purpose for me. Also, I'm not particularly worried about my ford stock. I doubt that most people will be as persnickety about it as what I've seen on this thread. As I recall ford famously said with the model T that you can have any color as long as it's black and it seemed to work out just fine for them.
Must be nice to have low standards.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've often wondered if there's an internal struggle between those who think the outdoors/Bronco peeps are low brow and a purposeful failure is the only appropriate outcome for the whole off-road genre and those who really want a successful product. It feels like the handoff after the exterior/mechanical/interior was finished, it was given to the other crowd that laughs in our face and think all out door hicks love cammo as a fine upscale, classy textile. I just reeks of contempt.
It's the fact that the types of people who use the product are not designing it. The engineers know what the F they're doing and built a beautiful machine as a perfect canvas as we get goofy ass interior colors and really only a handful of good exterior colors. How awesome would it have been to have all dark/slate or light gray only interiors and you pick your seat material and exterior we get 20 colors. We can order color matching accessories for our interiors that Ford would sell IF WE WANTED THEM but instead we're locked into some mismatch situation on every trim where no matter what pretty much everyone is having to get something they do NOT want. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SELL A PRODUCT! Give customers a canvas and let us add color and pay for it! Don't force colors on us that we do not want that clash horribly. Alright, im done ranting for the night im gonna go rip a couple beers and watch something that will make me happy. Oh yea! One more thing, next time we're designing Bronco interiors, let RON FUCKING SWANSON pick some god damn color combos and materials and let those gay guys that make everyone over pick some too! That will appease everyone, and hell we might even end up with a lumberjack edition black interior with flannel accents, i mean that would be fuckin awesome if you're in the mountains but ya know what, others might think its absolutely hideous. FORD PLEASE JUST LET US DO THE INTERIOR MATERIALS AND COLOR PICKING ON OUR OWN TRUCKS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Sponsored