Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Unlike one poster, I won't refer to the two people in the video as somebody's property and will afford them all the equality I give to other adults.

If you are posing as a person in charge of colors and materials but can't dress yourself any better than Michigan fixes its roads, then maybe you're not the right person for the job. Ford is a huge company and if they want to be competitive, then high-profile jobs need to be competitive.

They could, as someone intimated, reshoot this with a cellphone in a day and fix this hot mess. I've seen plenty of kickstarters more professional than this and maybe marketing nation can drop the "independent enthusiasts" act now.
If you're referring to my comment, that it's someone's wife or daughter, and somehow equate that to being someone's "property" you are one messed up individual and I feel sorry for any women unfortunate enough to encounter you in life.

If you hate Ford, the interior video, and the BP tool, don't buy it. It's ok to walk away. No one will judge you, except me, because you inferred wives and daughters were property and that's just messed up. But with some counseling and time you too can join the 21st century and move on.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m going to be the most hated person here, sitting comfortably with my choice landing somewhere in the first three trim levels. I’m also not sure I hate Navy Pier as much as I probably should.

It’s almost like the exterior design guys grabbed the absolute undivided attention of buyers in their 40’s and 50s, while the interiors were designed for 20 somethings. The best way I would describe most of these interiors is the word “polarizing.” Digicam is cool and all, but . . . damn. Somewhere in Michigan is a design team more in favor of a subtle approach who needs to be rescued from the basement they were locked in during the design phase.

Somewhere is a potential Badlands buyer who wanted leather AND washout floors who needs therapy. (would’ve been me if I had that kinda scratch).

The folks over at Covercraft and Katzkins seat covers probably looked at each other after watching that video and said, “holy shit!”

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because we're outdoorsy doesn't mean we don't appreciate attention to detail, quality, and having your shit together. Don't confuse nice with stupid. This is the biggest model release Ford has had since the reintroduction of the mustang and it seems like they are fine with DIY youtube video quality as their initial walkthrough of interior color and materials? This is a mistake and i will bet that a lot of people are getting heat because of these boneheaded decisions. Remember, these decisions have giant ripple effects on stock price and also show how in lock step a company is. Wall Street and everyone else is watching this roll out and second guessing now if Ford will be able to manage to get the Bronco right. Let's hope they can realize what they've done wrong and course correct, otherwise, this Bronco is going to go away just like the last ones did.
The options are brown or black. Do they really need anything more than "DIY youtube video quality?" The video is, appropriately, as uninspired as the color options.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The options are brown or black. Do they really need anything more than "DIY youtube video quality?" The video is, appropriately, as uninspired as the color options.
But the options are not brown OR black. Sometimes they’re brown and black with blue or orange or brown with blue and bronze and a rapid red exterior. Just saying even though they objectively made bad color match decisions it doesnt mean they shouldn’t be showing the colors together in situ. I guess if you are the type of person that is ok wearing sweatpants all day then no, lets just give up on nice colors right now and grab a pint of chunky monkey and fart into the couch for the rest of the evening.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But the options are not brown OR black. Sometimes they’re brown and black with blue or orange or brown with blue and bronze and a rapid red exterior. Just saying even though they objectively made bad color match decisions it doesnt mean they shouldn’t be showing the colors together in situ. I guess if you are the type of person that is ok wearing sweatpants all day then no, lets just give up on nice colors right now and grab a pint of chunky monkey and fart into the couch for the rest of the evening.
Dude.

Sweatpants all day are fine if you're at home.

The problem people are those who where sweatpants in public. Have some fucking self respect!

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't say anything about giving up on nice colors. I said the colors are as inspired as the video. Their video production decisions were apropos, given the product they were showing. Nowhere in there did I suggest the video was not of use.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend cloth seats look great in the rendering on build and price, in this video there is WAY too much contrast. The light gray looks like a dirty sweatshirt and the tan looks tacky and dated.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm shocked by the absence of interior color options. Jeep offers a tan vs black interior for their trims. I kept looking around B&P thinking I was missing something. My Bronco will be a DD and used at the beach, so I don't need all the offroad options. This just makes it easier for me to buy the cheapest one possible and then get aftermarket seat covers. I'm not buying til 22 so here's hoping Ford expands its offerings.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really want the OBX w/ SAS (cloth seats) but the two color palettes in the video have me thinking “wait till MY2022.”

Not interested in a blue interior. The navy pier is just not my thing, so that’s out.

Roast/onyx seats are fine ... but the dash!? Bronze!?

That bronze will clash horribly with A51, CG. Not to mention the OBX-themed, bright blue grab handles.

Really have no idea what Ford was thinking.

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what I see here, the BL would be the only model I would consider sight unseen. Might have to switch out the accents later, but “you can have any interior as long as it’s black” is safer than the other models.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put me down in the wait-a-while group. Cancelled my day 1 res last night. Look forward to seeing them on the road though.
why would you do that? You can cancel ANY time ...I assume up until Jan 31. Things have the potential to change. I'm really not sure where I stand at this point either.

I actually only have a couple issues

1) Lack of interior color on Badlands (I'd like a lighter color -- the white was so nice)...but I don't mind black/charcoal vinyl.

2) the fact they took the black hard top away...so stupid

what is this top? Is this another prototype top? This doesn't look like carbonized grey

Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted 1603552638070