Sponsored

Interior space for kids and 3 car seats?

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got three car seats (Graco Slimfit3lx, pricey but good)in the back seat of my BD squatch, works great. I also used to drive a 2016 crew cab f150, and have found the transition simple (my wife drives the truck now so we still have it for truck stuff and long drives. Eventually wife wants a palisade, so we’re planning to go truckless as well). My kids are 7, 6, and 3. Yes, it’s more difficult to buckle them than a mini van. But I’d say it’s about the same as the f150. The three year old is in a five point, so that’s easy. The other two are in high back boosters, so reaching the buckle is tougher. I can buckle the passenger side booster from outside but have to jump in to do the opposite side. Way I see it, they won’t be in the car seats long so it’s a small inconvenience. As far as space, I just tilt the seat forward and there’s plenty of room to get in. On the road, the legroom is limited, but I don’t want them kicking their feet around anyway! Here’s a pic without the kids. I’ll take one with the kids on the way to the lake tomorrow. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. Not sure if you are in WI, but I’m near Duluth, MN if you ever wanted to see it.

1D2922C5-195F-4800-B87C-3CB4F1BFF1C4.jpeg

73DB299D-FD24-4422-8658-61BAEE76B893.jpeg

75449308-84EE-439C-B1FC-A9BE28EC4936.jpeg
I hope your Bronco is yellow with that many seats for kids.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is from February, but since there is no way the OP has his Wildtrack yet...

Oder the Bronco for yourself. Upgrade the wife to an Expedition. If for some reason you need to take everyone in one car, you take the Expy.

For almost the entire time we had three kids I drove a Mustang. If the entire family had to go somewhere, we just took her car. Eventually we swapped her Expedition for an Expedition EL. She wanted an Excursion, but... I've seen her park.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

BeauTheBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Chevy Tahoe, '85 JEEP CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This! We had twins and then another 22 months later. These were the only car seats I could find in 2010 that fit three across in my Wrangler.

It looks like the Sunshine Kids brand car seats are now Diono.

And as soon as you can, move to these.
We have a 10 year old and 6 year old twins. Just got my bronco today and it’s a tight squeeze for the 10 year old in between two Graco boosters. Came here for advice and I can’t believe you got 3 car seats across!

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have a 10 year old and 6 year old twins. Just got my bronco today and it’s a tight squeeze for the 10 year old in between two Graco boosters. Came here for advice and I can’t believe you got 3 car seats across!
That particular model of that brand is about as skinny as a car seat gets!
Sponsored