Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I find it funny how Ford thought the soft top coming up 6" from the rear was this awesome idea... And yet anytime I've seen someone talk about it, they don't like it.
What was Ford thinking? šŸ˜ž
Well, on my JK, when the soft top is I stalled, I am usually loading under the gate bar, because it is a PITA to:
- unzip both sides of the rear window
- wriggle the gate bar out from the overlapping soft top c pillar canvas
- flip the gate bar and window up over the top (which my wife canā€™t reach)
- load the groceries in
- flip the gate bar and window back down (which my wife canā€™t reach)
- wriggle the gate bar back in between the overlapping soft top c pillar canvas
- zip both sides of the rear window down

Keep in mind the rear window and top C pillars are always dusty as hell too.

So I see exactly what Ford was trying to make easier. I think their solution is too mechanically challenging without being able to see what youā€™re reaching for and where youā€™re putting the prop rod.
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the pic! Its nice that it can go back some. I wasn't expecting full recliner status but I was hoping for maybe a little more than that. Still it should help, a lot of people complained the back seats felt too upright, and I think they were in the forward position.
Still better than my 15 Wrangler in that aspect. I had to buy a spacer kit, that someone made in their spare time, off Wranglerforums.com to change the sitting angle in the back seat.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, on my JK, when the soft top is I stalled, I am usually loading under the gate bar, because it is a PITA to:
- unzip both sides of the rear window
- wriggle the gate bar out from the overlapping soft top c pillar canvas
- flip the gate bar and window up over the top (which my wife canā€™t reach)
- load the groceries in
- flip the gate bar and window back down (which my wife canā€™t reach)
- wriggle the gate bar back in between the overlapping soft top c pillar canvas
- zip both sides of the rear window down

Keep in mind the rear window and top C pillars are always dusty as hell too.

So I see exactly what Ford was trying to make easier. I think their solution is too mechanically challenging without being able to see what youā€™re reaching for and where youā€™re putting the prop rod.
Luckily I got rid of the wife's 2 door Jeep soft top 4 years ago when we got her a JKU hard top, so I don't remember how much of a pain it was getting in the back.

But, 2 wrongs don't make a right. When they first hinted at the new soft top, it sure sounded like it'd lift just like the hard top. As I sit here thinking about it I see how that could be difficult to do, especially with the top folding back. But at the same time, don't they make you take out the windows to fold the top all the way back anyways? So yes, personally, I'd have rather tossed the rear window up over the top to give me actually access to the back. Not something I need to duck under. But we all have our own preferences. Like maybe a roll down rear window!! Yeah, I went there šŸ¤¬

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, I found it interesting how she pointed out there are no Ford badges? Iā€™m looking at pictures Iā€™ve taken myself and think she may be right.
I think ford is doing this with the mustang line now too you see the mach e dont have ford anywhere on it either and the sport is the same way

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure why everyone making videos thinks we need 90% of the video just their face yapping at the screen.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats! But the comment I left on that video still applies. Your baby will grow up and become a parent before Ford delivers your Bronco, no need to worry about the child seat! :)
I couldnt watch the whole video, but as someone who has 3 kids, 15 5 and 7 months. Kids fit fine, some booster seats are a little too tall for the back seat causing this to hit the front seat without even having a kid in it. Certain boosters fit better, baby seat works best on the passenger side since I'm 6'3 I have to move my seat up kn the driver side to make a comfortable position to drive. There is no lower anchor point in the center seat which is a little inconvenient but it is what it is

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My parents 1976 Chevrolet Malibu and 1984 Plymouth Caravan didn't have standard air conditioning and my two siblings and I didn't die. I suspect the same folks who are qvetching about zoned A/C are the same type that require dogs be well hydrated whenever they are encountered...
While I agree with your post in principle, it is 2021 and rear vents would have been a nice addition.