Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2024 Bronco Badlands on order with the rock rails. I am so excited to get it and take my elderly mum off-road. She's probably more excited than I am. Haha. The problem is that she can no longer step up into trucks like she used to. I have an F-150 with a level kit and side steps and it is still a big challenge for her. I have seen some of the steps on Amazon that clamp around the the Bronco rock rails, but I'm thinking more simple than that and most of those are using weak Chinese steel. I am honestly thinking like a step stool type of solution that wouldn't inhibit off-road capabilities and something that I wouldn't need to install and remove each time we go somewhere. I am interested in your creative solutions or products that you guys and gals may be using. Thanks!
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went on a ten-day trip with a 72yr old lady with a busted ankle, who had just (the day before) gotten out of a moon boot for another issue. She had a hard time stepping and getting up. Although it wasn't always pretty, I never had to help her on that whole trip. Note the v2 is a little lower than the V1.

https://iagoffroad.com/iag-v2-ez-step-add-on-for-2021-2023-ford-bronco

The step stool below what we had used before, I had considered putting a dog leash on it so she could pull it up afterwards. I went ahead and got the step, though.

Otherwise, I would look at RockSlide. Those are probably the best protection with a telescoping step.

https://rockslideengineering.com/ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Creative Solution for Mom With Bad Knees 1701127358194

OP
OP
Loesch

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went on a ten-day trip with a 72yr old lady with a busted ankle, who had just (the day before) gotten out of a moon boot for another issue. She had a hard time stepping and getting up. Although it wasn't always pretty, I never had to help her on that whole trip. Note the v2 is a little lower than the V1.

The step stool below what we had used before, I had considered putting a dog leash on it so she could pull it up afterwards. I went ahead and got the step, though.

Otherwise, I would look at RockSlide. Those are probably the best protection with a telescoping step.

I appreciate those ideas. Thank you. I like that step. It looks like it can be installed and removed really easily. That would be perfect.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate those ideas. Thank you. I like that step. It looks like it can be installed and removed really easily. That would be perfect.
I wish IAG had provided an all-in-one tool. It's just a hex and a crescent, and they aren't hard to remove. Keep those in a ziplock bag in your glove box, you'd always be able to get it off. I also only put it on the passenger side. I personally don't use the other one since I'm pretty tall.

Also, if you wheel with it on and hit it on something, it could just pop off. We had a 4dr at Barnwell here that did that and we thought for a few minutes it was their rock rail that came off. He just put it back on. They're pretty tough little steps.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The IAGs do not look like they offer a much lower or very wide solution. RSE are $$ and absolutely function as sliders. I'd definitely just get a portable folding stool.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Samsonite one of the same design for my wife that gets used every now and then. I'm usually there to help her in but more times than not she just climbs in.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Samsonite one of the same design for my wife that gets used every now and then. I'm usually there to help her in but more times than not she just climbs in.
It's the cheapest option and the the best as long as you don't mind grabbing it for someone. I figured on a long trip, I should spring for a step. It would've been a lot to have to grab it constantly over 10 days. You also need somewhere to stow it, I generally kept it behind the passenger seat so I could grab it as I got out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RC power steps are the cheapest of the power running boards. And a lot more stable than a step stool.

If you need a functional rockslider then RSE is an option and which can usually be had at a discount through a forum vendor.

I also believe Ford sells a clamp on style step for the the factory sliders.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the cheapest option and the the best as long as you don't mind grabbing it for someone. I figured on a long trip, I should spring for a step. It would've been a lot to have to grab it constantly over 10 days. You also need somewhere to stow it, I generally kept it behind the passenger seat so I could grab it as I got out.
No problem here. It stows on top of her floor mat. She is only 5'2" at most. The best part I didn't even have to buy it, she had it from years past for some reason. It just sits flat on the floorboard whenever anyone needs it 🤠

Steps won't go on my truck, I always trip when trying use those things. YMMV

vgodley1

Badlands
First Name
Vee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a badlands sas and went with the IAG clamp on rails. I really like them and think they look good too.
Sponsored