indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is all or nothing for me. The point of the Bronco is to be a great looking, beefy off road vehicle. Either get a two door Sasquatch or get something else.
Jason
I got my Bronco to take me places off-road I can't get to in my car. And for utility usage such as hauling materials, canoe, kayaks, etc. I didn't need Sas for that stuff.

For the image buyers though, Sas might be very important, regardless if the driver has any real use for the functionality. Clearly reading through these pages, some people buy not to use the lockers or whatever, but because of some "feeling" they get having that unused functionality.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She lets you fuck her right? You drive what you want, she drives what she wants. It's that simple. What sacrifices does she make for your family? Us men make many many sacrifices for our families and I'll bet for the most part have always driven what we want. Get her the Sasquatch package...... as far as I'm concerned anything but 35s on a Bronco is a waste....

OP
OP

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks again all for the help. The pictures from non-SAS upgrades were especially helpful.

From some of the replies I feel like I should mention/reiterate, this isn’t a matter of trying to talk her out of SAS package, and she’s not wanting the SAS for sake of SAS. What she wants is simply a similar look, so both her and I were trying to decide if she should wait for a ‘24 ordered with SAS, or just do some aftermarket the OBX that’s on the way now. The pics some of y’all have give were a big help.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After 9 pages... Whew.

I have both a non SAS OBX and a Wildtrak. They are both great. Get her what the lady wants.

SAS tires are louder, and it's an inch or two higher to get in and out of.
Not that it matters to most, but the OBX gets better mileage especially with a peppy 2.3, about 6-8 mpg better than the SAS with 2.7
OBX will go just about anywhere the SAS will go that I will try to go.
The SAS looks cool. I don't think much about what it looks like when I'm driving.
I read others shouting that I'm in the minority on some controversial issues. I'm proud to be happy with these non popular opinions:
Hard top or soft top? I have one of each, and like the soft top more for versatility in all weather.
Hard top is not fun to take off, but it's a little less noise on the highway and 'secure'.
Lux with B&O? I like the B&O a lot. It's fine for us.
2.7 or 2.3? The 2.3 is a great engine. The graph shows the 2.3 with more torque down low rpm than the 2.7 for most non spirited driving. The 2.3 feels quicker below half throttle. Past half throttle, the 2.7 shines.

Sponsored

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Broncos look weird with smaller than 35s. It's still easy to get in with 35s and drives great.

Stinger06

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!

EDIT: From some of the replies I feel like I should mention/reiterate, this isn’t a matter of trying to talk her out of SAS package, and she’s not wanting the SAS for sake of SAS. What she wants is simply a similar look, so both her and I are trying to decide if she should wait for a ‘24 ordered with SAS, or just do some aftermarket to the OBX that’s on the way now. I should’ve stated that more clearly from beginning.
I’m really happy with my Badlands on 33s. Good mileage and power. It wouldn’t take much to make the Obx look bigger with 17” wheels and 33” tires and a mild lift. 35” tires aren’t really necessary for daily use. I really like the look of 35s but they just have too many drawbacks for me right now. That will change when I retire. 😁

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m really happy with my Badlands on 33s. Good mileage and power. It wouldn’t take much to make the Obx look bigger with 17” wheels and 33” tires and a mild lift. 35” tires aren’t really necessary for daily use. I really like the look of 35s but they just have too many drawbacks for me right now. That will change when I retire. 😁
It's a night and day difference, I was over at a fellow Bronco persons house today and they thought I had a different Bronco... All I did was swap out the wheels and tires. LOL.

It really does transform it completely.

WDK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
late to the party, but would anyone specify the significant functional diffs between an OBX SAS, Badlands SAS and Wildtrak?

Sponsored

grannas211

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Wildtrak, '97 Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
late to the party, but would anyone specify the significant functional diffs between an OBX SAS, Badlands SAS and Wildtrak?
Wildtrak - assuming '23 has Hoss 3.0
Badlands - Swaybar disco, full set of skids factory and rockrails
OBX - painted mirrors and fenders?

and interiors as well

Reactions: WDK

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak - assuming '23 has Hoss 3.0
Badlands - Swaybar disco, full set of skids factory and rockrails
OBX - painted mirrors and fenders?

and interiors as well
OBX loses painted fender flares when Sasquatch is optioned.

Reactions: WDK

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personal opinion, the Sasquatch wheels look awful with the fake bead locks. Wildtrack takeoffs are better because at least the faux beadlocks are black.

Get the OBX if she wants the techie/luxie stuff. Upgrade to get the rear locker with the 4.27 gears, and buy a set of Badlands takeoffs from CL, FB Marketplace etc. Save thousands. Or better yet BD takeoffs, though I expect those will go up in price now that the black steelies are discontinued for 2024.

20-30 years ago, we went anywhere and everywhere in a short bed F-150 with 31x10.5 tires. Don't know why folks think they need giant 35" tires to go anywhere. 33s are plenty for the vast majority of what people actually do off road.

But since the Bronco inexplicably doesn't have a posi rear end, I'd certainly pay for the rear locker on a trim where it is actually available.

OP
OP

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just to close the loop on this one, the OBX she ordered came in today, and she went for it. Figured we’d be hard pressed to get a similar deal anytime soon between the no market adjustment and the fact the 2024’s are a little pricier. Plus even then we were barely willing to pay the final price given current interest rates, so the SAS would’ve hurt even more.

She’s gonna run with the stock OBX wheels for now since they’re growing on her, and if she doesn’t like them we’ll throw something bigger on later. Pics some of y’all gave will be big help there.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_4363

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good. Throw the bigger shoes on in 40k miles.
Sponsored