Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do I need the Sas with my BL to get up this

if yes then I’m all set.
Looked like I saw some locker or LSD action there.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How will the 35’s handle on the pavement?
They should be fine just heavy. Plenty of sipes, not a true mud terrain. They are more of a hybrid at/mt. It just wont be on rails like a base on 30s will be. Also assuming you have rough crappy constantly under construction streets like every big city they will eat up the hole, joints, and steel plates far better than smaller tires.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll just post this and then duck, but if you really want to go that last 1 or 2% then get a solid front axle vehicle that doesn't weigh 5k pounds and is about as wide as an F150, haha. I drive a power wagon so I know a thing or two about heavy rigs off-road!!!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should be fine just heavy. Plenty of sipes, not a true mud terrain. They are more of a hybrid at/mt. It just wont be on rails like a base on 30s will be. Also assuming you have rough crappy constantly under construction streets like every big city they will eat up the hole, joints, and steel plates far better than smaller tires.
I assume the lift and Bilsteins may soften it up a little too. It would be nice to test drive one or two ;)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I assume the lift and Bilsteins may soften it up a little too. It would be nice to test drive one or two ;)
True true. But the bigger the circle you roll on the bigger the circle you can roll over.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll just post this and then duck, but if you really want to go that last 1 or 2% then get a solid front axle vehicle that doesn't weigh 5k pounds and is about as wide as an F150, haha. I drive a power wagon so I know a thing or two about heavy rigs off-road!!!
I used to wheel my 4x4 E250 on 33s. It needed 40s!

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Started out 20 years ago with a stock 74 Bronco going to Moab with my son who was doing competitive rock crawling at the time. Over the nest 8 years the tires went from 30" to 33" to 35" to 37' to finally 40" stickies. Most tire upsizes required stouter suspension and axles. I ended up with full width dana 60"s, coil overs, and an atlas. ( good view of the setup in the avatar)
I went from dragging everything to letting people who had never been in a 4X4 drive Pritchett. 35" tires with suspension that will handle them is a very good compromise. You will be able to do most anything in Moab and not have to trailer it home.
I don't think I will do the couple of extreme trails in Moab with my new Bronco but I am sure I could if the winch was in working order and I didn't mind a little body damage.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious how you folks believe the Squatched BD 2 door will ride on the highway? Rough? Vibration? I am guessing 2-3 mpg less than a non-squatched. Opinions appreciated. Thanks

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the Sasquatch, but the honest truth is that the vast majority of people will rarely NEED the 35” tires and lockers.

I feel like it also depends on whether you are trying to get to a location or looking for places to challenge your rig. If you want to go camping or just take beautiful trails I think most of the time there is probably an easier route around the tough spots.

I also say these things as the expert that I’m not :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you may want to look at your skill level in off roading, then make the decision on what will fit you best. My current Jeep Wrangler with no mods is still more capable off road than I'll ever be so I have no need for the squatch package. But, if you have the experience I believe the package is a good deal for the price. Out of curiosity I've scanned upgrades for my Wrangler, and the good stuff is high dollar. And, the price doesn't include the price for installation. If you get the Sasquatch package you're ready to go right off the lot, and don't have to waste your time finding the parts you want, and someone that is experienced in installing the parts. Good luck on your decision.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How will the 35’s handle on the pavement?
If you have never driven a vehicle with 35's, or wide aggressive tires, they tend to grab every crack and creavise in the road and track towards them. No big deal, it will just take a drive to get the feel for them.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Curious how you folks believe the Squatched BD 2 door will ride on the highway? Rough? Vibration? I am guessing 2-3 mpg less than a non-squatched. Opinions appreciated. Thanks
It aint no Lincoln but it will roll better than anything I have ever daily driven. Little tire noise and yeah a couple MPGs less but hey gas is still cheaper than bottled water. It takes me alteast a gallon of water to make it 15 miles on foot so no big deal.

Yall should probably boil your decision down to how you plan to approach and obstruction. Do you want to go through it or around it to get to where it is you were headed for?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thinking of skipping Squatch and getting the optional wheels, possibly adding A/T 35s later. I know the wheel itself can accommodate them but does anyone know if these KO2 35s (34.4) will fit on a non-Squatched BL without rubbing when turning? Seeing as true 35s fit on the Overland Build, I don't think they will look too stuffed.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=17SR7KO2V2&i1_Qty=5&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Bronco&autoYear=2021&autoModClar=Badlands, Sasquatch Pkg&vehicleSearch=true#RatingsReviews

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read a lot about how SAS setup/tires are perfect for rock crawling and sand but how will it hold up in the Northeast winter trails? Downed trees, snow slushing into mud etc. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored