Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you pay an extra $4500/$7100 for the privilege of being able to then purchase the rear locker ($800), and you still don't get the front locker, better gearing, beefier front axles, better shocks, advanced 4x4 and larger tires. I get there is creature comforts involved in those packages, but mechanically you'll be paying almost Sasquatch money (or more), and getting a lot less drive-train.
More comes with those packages than just the privilege of the locker.

I do understand your point but all I'm saying is driving on a beach or a dirt road doesn't require Sasquatch. At all. Doesn't even really require a locker unless you run into trouble. You don't need bigger axles, 35s, and a front locker. The Base on it's stock wheels can handle pretty much all of OPs requirements with no modifications.

I, personally, would put my money elsewhere.

If you want those things for sure go for it. But there are many here that chose a BD over a Base Sasquatch. It all depends on your use and what you think is cool.
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

I do understand your point but all I'm saying is driving on a beach or a dirt road doesn't require Sasquatch. At all. Doesn't even really require a locker unless you run into trouble. You don't need bigger axles, 35s, and a front locker. The Base on it's stock wheels can handle pretty much all of OPs requirements with no modifications.

If you want those things for sure go for it. But there are many here that chose a BD over a Base Sasquatch. It all depends on your use and what you think is cool.

I would have probably stepped up to the BD from the base if you could get the mid package with the stick but they don't allow that. I couldn't see spending the price difference for the upgrades you get with either BB or BD

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all! I will be driving on the beach, fields, dirt roads, sand for hunting, fishing, and metal detecting. I have no plans to do hard core rock crawling. So for $5000 its a good deal, its just a matter if I would ever want/need those options I guess.
Hard not to want these options.....now need is another question.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch's package offers more than you'll want to add later, if that'll even be possible. Do it, i don't see a reason to not get it

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was in a similar situation and I started as a BaseSquatch. Went to a BD non-squatch to end MY21, switched back to a BaseSquatch for MY22 and just got my VIN#.

I still wonder if it was the right call or not but it is the cheapest amount of money for the most vehicle. The conclusion I landed on is the cheapness of the interior and how it bugs me wasn't going to be solved by throwing more money at it and getting the MGV and what not - so I might as well spend it on the drivetrain.

I have yet to see a Sasquatch in the wild but I bet I am in for a real treat when my arrives.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

From what I see in the OP's configuration (2 door, manual) The BB's additional 4500 gets you is 32's instead of 30 inch tires, fog lights and a steering wrap AND the ability to spend the extra money on additional features. That seems to be a lot of money for almost nothing, considering you could simply put 32's when you replace your first set. Am I missing anything else the BB offers you that's not an option?
If I could've upgraded to a rear locker or even limited slip for $800, I would've never ordered the SAS, not since I can't with the base the SAS package gives you a whole lot more for your money than the BB.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

He described more than beach and dirt roads…but even for only beach, I wouldn’t want 30” street tires…it’s certainly fine, but not good. Someone who says they need it for beach, and off tossing to hunt and fish doesn’t want a base tire package…and for the cost, Sasquatch all day long over any other options.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
He described more than beach and dirt roads…but even for only beach, I wouldn’t want 30” street tires…it’s certainly fine, but not good. Someone who says they need it for beach, and off tossing to hunt and fish doesn’t want a base tire package…and for the cost, Sasquatch all day long over any other options.
Can't see paying over 7 grand in that situation, just change the tires. Sucks that they throw the cost of the automatic into the Sasquatch package and you still have to pay for it even if you get the stick.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't see paying over 7 grand in that situation, just change the tires. Sucks that they through the cost of the automatic into the Sasquatch package and you still have to pay for it even if you get the stick.
When I see a Sasquatch sitting next to a non-Sas I can’t see not paying the 7 grand…no one will ever regret getting Sasquatch…almost everyone else will wish they had.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The irony ... 35s and lockers is what Jeep guys have been asking for YEARS and still asking for it. Ford comes along and allows customers to add it to any trim in one simple package and Bronco customers ponder if they should do it or not.

Such is life ... you always want something you can't have and when you have it you want something else.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
agreed 100%

SAS looks so good. that stance alone is worth the price of admission.

When I see a Sasquatch sitting next to a non-Sas I can’t see not paying the 7 grand…no one will ever regret getting Sasquatch…almost everyone else will wish they had.
Sponsored