First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma; 1986 4Runner; 1930 Model A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it wrong that I just wanted the Base Sasquatch badge? I really feel that it's worth the $7k.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakefoley

jakefoley

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Trailblazer RS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it wrong that I just wanted the Base Sasquatch badge? I really feel that it's worth the $7k.
I don't think so, I am contemplating just getting the Base as well, the only thing I really want is the drain hole floor and tow package which is on the higher end models. Maybe I should just cut a hole in the floor....LOL!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes on Sasquatch, unless it's a Badlands, which already has everything except the wheels, 35" tires, and the 4.70 diff gears. If you don't need 35's a stock Badlands is kick ass. If you're OK with 35's and 4.46 gears then a leveling kit will work on a Badlands without Sasquatch.
Don't forget that a manual BL comes with the 4.7 gearing. To me the manual BL is the best bang for your Bronco bucks

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have a question about the Sasquatch package.

1. Is it cheaper to do that mod yourself?

2. Is that package/mod worth it?

I have a Big Bend non sasquatch and new to off roading. I eventually will get a second Bronco down the road, most likely a black diamond as I want the seat upgrades and the drain hole floor. Just curious on peoples thoughts here. Becoming a big Bronco fan, love our Big Bend!
It’s def worth getting Sasquatch it’s a quality package you won’t do it cheaper doing it yourself

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd get it if you intend to offroad and want your rig under warranty. The second you start modding out your rig, the warranty goes out the door. Your AC could break and the dealer would blame it on a lift you installed (a bit of an exaggeration, but you get it). I had ordered it on my base, but changed it up as I don't intend to use it offroad that much.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I have a question about the Sasquatch package.

1. Is it cheaper to do that mod yourself?

2. Is that package/mod worth it?

I have a Big Bend non sasquatch and new to off roading. I eventually will get a second Bronco down the road, most likely a black diamond as I want the seat upgrades and the drain hole floor. Just curious on peoples thoughts here. Becoming a big Bronco fan, love our Big Bend!

1) No, it is not cheaper to do it yourself.
- Sasquatch package comes with a different transfer case, front axle, different gear ratios in the axles, front and rear lockers, 35" tires. And you get all that for $5K (depending on your model)​
Front and rear lockers and gear swaps will eat a big chunk of that $5K by themselves.​
The Advanced transfer case in the Sasquatch is nicer and it would not be an easy swap to put one in a non-Squatch. The all wheel drive function is great in the snow and ice and in the sand.

We got both a Base and a Base Squatch and have plenty of time driving both. Both the wife and I like the Squatch T-case better.​
2) It is worth it if it works for you.
- As others have said, if you are only going to daily street drive your Bronco, then the Sasquatch package will give you no other benefit.... except that it'll carry a higher resale value, just like the Rubicon model in the Jeep Wranglers.​
- If you plan on spending anytime out on the trails of back country roads, it is worth it. The bigger front axle is stronger, the Transfer case has one more function (all-wheel-drive) and the lockers might just help you get out of a sticky situation (or get you deeper into one :LOL:).​

I'd get it if you intend to offroad and want your rig under warranty. The second you start modding out your rig, the warranty goes out the door. Your AC could break and the dealer would blame it on a lift you installed (a bit of an exaggeration, but you get it). I had ordered it on my base, but changed it up as I don't intend to use it offroad that much.
If a dealer is trying to not warranty your AC because of a lift, then you need a different dealership.

I get what you are saying, but it doesn't work like that.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1) No, it is not cheaper to do it yourself.
- Sasquatch package comes with a different transfer case, front axle, different gear ratios in the axles, front and rear lockers, 35" tires. And you get all that for $5K (depending on your model)​
Front and rear lockers and gear swaps will eat a big chunk of that $5K by themselves.​
The Advanced transfer case in the Sasquatch is nicer and it would not be an easy swap to put one in a non-Squatch. The all wheel drive function is great in the snow and ice and in the sand.​
We got both a Base and a Base Squatch and have plenty of time driving both. Both the wife and I like the Squatch T-case better.​
2) It is worth it if it works for you.
- As others have said, if you are only going to daily street drive your Bronco, then the Sasquatch package will give you no other benefit.... except that it'll carry a higher resale value, just like the Rubicon model in the Jeep Wranglers.​
- If you plan on spending anytime out on the trails of back country roads, it is worth it. The bigger front axle is stronger, the Transfer case has one more function (all-wheel-drive) and the lockers might just help you get out of a sticky situation (or get you deeper into one :LOL:).​

If a dealer is trying to not warranty your AC because of a lift, then you need a different dealership.

I get what you are saying, but it doesn't work like that.
Didn't say it works like that, but if a dealer can find a way out of warranty work, they will, and you'll enjoy paying for it.
Sponsored