Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone,

have a specific question and want to know information so I can modify my order, if need be.

Can anyone confirm if I have the tow package that an aftermarket rear bumper will allow me to keep the tow package? Will some aftermarket rear bumper options require the tow package to be removed? I havenā€™t been able to do much research on this and Iā€™m hoping someone knows off hand from their experience.

I am going to be buying a 2023 Wildtrak and I intend on replacing the front and rear bumpers.

thanks!
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% depends on which aftermarket bumper. I can confirm that the Expedition-1 bumper does allow for the factory tow hitch. Others, you will need to reach out to the manufacturers.

OP
OP
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah ok, thanks. At this time I donā€™t have bumpers in mind but it definitely doesnā€™t make sense to spec for the $600 tow package if I wonā€™t be able to use it at allā€¦hmmmā€¦.

OP
OP
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*Vigorously searches for front and rear matching bumpers that have sensor, adaptive cruise control, tow package capability with light options, wench, and donā€™t obstruct the front camera too much* šŸ˜‚

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Vigorously searches for front and rear matching bumpers that have sensor, adaptive cruise control, tow package capability with light options, wench, and donā€™t obstruct the front camera too much* šŸ˜‚
Good luck with that, let us know what you find.

There are fair amount that support the front parking sensors and camera, but very few that support adaptive cruise control.

Aftermarket compatibility is a big reason why I stuck with the Mid package.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yaā€¦.Iā€™m sure more options will pop up before my Wildtrak is in my driveway though. Iā€™ll keep looking anyway but I am very open to options people know of as well.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JCR has a couple great rear bumpers that accommodate the tow package...and they are currently on sale about $170 off. Great company, honestly great service, and American made.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could care less about the ā€œhitchā€ receiver that comes with the tow package. I care about the wiring for charging trailer batteries and operating trailer brakes. If you are only worried about the receiver, skip the tow, and figure out the receiver after you figure out your bumper.

OP
OP
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m considering it all, Iā€™m in the earlier stages of the ordering process so if there are options that allow for both then obviously that integration is good to get on the onset.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ok, thanks. At this time I donā€™t have bumpers in mind but it definitely doesnā€™t make sense to spec for the $600 tow package if I wonā€™t be able to use it at allā€¦hmmmā€¦.
Tow package is a good option to keep on your order.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they build it, we will buy it!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're not ordering the tow package for the actual hitch... The hitch is not special and actually kind of sucks . You're ordering the tow package for the seven pin wiring.

So whether an aftermarket bumper replaces the hitch or an accommodates an existing hitch, you'll be fine because you would just transfer over the plugs

To be honest, your best towing would be to find an aftermarket rear bumper that DOES replace the rear hitch, because then it would be mounted to the frame instead of that weaker cross bar.
Sponsored