Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

was waiting until I got mine to measure but I was thinking the same.
The gap on mine is just shy of 2"
Sponsored

Reactions: Kos

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sashquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. Has anyone seen an aftermarket fog light installed here (next to the factory fog)?

2. What is this? (Camera? Proximity Sensor?)

455836F6-375C-42BF-976E-16471AE9896F.jpeg
Have been wondering this same thing. My bronco arrives in May with the capable, but I've already purchased this ZROADZ light bar ZROADZ bumper light bar.

Taking a small risk here, but thinking/hoping I can figure out a way to modify and install. We shall see.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those wishing to put a light bar between bumper and body molding, I just measured my 2022 Black Diamond with capable bumper. The height of the opening is 1 & 9/16" (bottom of the white facia to top of bumper, pretty consistent height gap). I used a a couple pieces of wood to measure the entire length, 1 & 9/16" is the max overall height of any light bar you want to tuck in between. (There may be some adjustment to gain some height by adjusting the bumper bolts and trying to lower the bumper, but this is mine from the factory) 41" wide in between the edge areas that rise up on the bumper. 4" of depth from front of bumper to a couple of bracket spots that limit going any deeper for a 30-40" light bar.

Let me know if anybody finds anything to fit this. Not looking to spend a ton of money and don't do a lot of night offroading, just think it would look better with a light bar in that gap

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper questions 20220303_142249

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those wishing to put a light bar between bumper and body molding, I just measured my 2022 Black Diamond with capable bumper. The height of the opening is 1 & 9/16" (bottom of the white facia to top of bumper, pretty consistent height gap). I used a a couple pieces of wood to measure the entire length, 1 & 9/16" is the max overall height of any light bar you want to tuck in between. (There may be some adjustment to gain some height by adjusting the bumper bolts and trying to lower the bumper, but this is mine from the factory) 41" wide in between the edge areas that rise up on the bumper. 4" of depth from front of bumper to a couple of bracket spots that limit going any deeper for a 30-40" light bar.

Let me know if anybody finds anything to fit this. Not looking to spend a ton of money and don't do a lot of night offroading, just think it would look better with a light bar in that gap
20220303_142249.jpg
I like, and appreciate your thought process on this. I'm dealing with the same 'wish' for my capable bumper when it arrives. However, I have a very specific ZROADZ light bar in mind (already purchased) - given it's particular design. I think with some minor modifications (and a Dremmel), I could get 'er done.

Per the photo below. Instead of a typical pure vertical profile from base to top, this one actually protrudes forward immediately from its base. That, along with the available gap (that you've validated) between the bumper and body molding, I think it might work out well in the end.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper questions Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.39.18 PM

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like, and appreciate your thought process on this. I'm dealing with the same 'wish' for my capable bumper when it arrives. However, I have a very specific ZROADZ light bar design (already purchased) in mind - given it's particular design. I think with some minor modifications (and a Dremmel), I believe I can get 'er done.

Per the photo below. Instead of a typical pure vertically profile, this one actually protrudes forward immediately from its base. That, along with the available gap (that you've validated) between the bumper and body molding, I think it might work out well in the end.

Thoughts?
Thinking it is going to be very tight on the depth, the capable bumper does not stick out very much at all. My 4" depth measurement was mostly under the body facia piece.

Sponsored

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking it is going to be very tight on the depth, the capable bumper does not stick out very much at all. My 4" depth measurement was mostly under the body facia piece.
Yeah, I realize it doesn't stick out like the Modular bumper does. I've got an idea/plan for that... I think. :)

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have been wondering this same thing. My bronco arrives in May with the capable, but I've already purchased this ZROADZ light bar ZROADZ bumper light bar.

Taking a small risk here, but thinking/hoping I can figure out a way to modify and install. We shall see.
I am ordering a Diode Dynamics SSC1 and I'm gonna try to make it fit here......I also know that @4x4TruckLEDs.com is trying to get a 3D scan of the capable bumper, which I hope is for some kind of aftermarket fog solution.

I'm also thinking trying to replace the factory fog with the SS3....they sell a kit for the STANDARD bumper to replace the fog....I'm sure the fog light itself is the same but not sure if the housing between the standard and capable is gonna be the same.

I'll report. back on the c1

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Has anyone seen an aftermarket fog light installed here (next to the factory fog)?

2. What is this? (Camera? Proximity Sensor?)

I am ordering a Diode Dynamics SSC1 and I'm gonna try to make it fit here......I also know that @4x4TruckLEDs.com is trying to get a 3D scan of the capable bumper, which I hope is for some kind of aftermarket fog solution.

I'm also thinking trying to replace the factory fog with the SS3....they sell a kit for the STANDARD bumper to replace the fog....I'm sure the fog light itself is the same but not sure if the housing between the standard and capable is gonna be the same.

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Appreciate your comment. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

As you probably saw, I previously posted the ZROADZ light bar that I'm going to attempt to modify and install for the capable. Will also report back.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate your comment. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

As you probably saw, I previously posted the ZROADZ light bar that I'm going to attempt to modify and install for the capable. Will also report back.
Any updates on these? Interested in a light bar in same location.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a tight/awkward space to fit another light. I’m sure something small would fit, but it might look like crap. Best case scenario hopefully someone comes up with a solution to remove the OEM fog light and replace it with a better fog light or 2 pods instead.
I put a set of Diode Dynamics Elite Fogs in my 22 Badlands Sorta-Capable Bumper and they are just BADASS!!!
Sponsored