First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know the part number for the capable bumper?
thanks in advance
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not a single part number... the front bumper itself is made up of a dozen or so different components as well as a handful of fasteners/clips.

Is there anything in particular off of the capable bumper you need?

OP
OP
Function_7

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not a single part number... the front bumper itself is made up of a dozen or so different components as well as a handful of fasteners/clips.

looking for the main bumper itself, and the two recovery hooks as well, I guess.
From my understanding there is a lot less to the capable bumper than the modular bumper, so I assumed there would be a part number for the main bumper fascia? But please correct me if I’m wrong.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/oem-steel-bumper-part-numbers.53384/#post-1724263

Capable bumper (with parking aid): M2DZ-17757-BA
Capable bumper (without parking aid): M2DZ-17757-AA

FYI OP, I removed a front capable bumper recently and may have some of the parts you will need. I already sold the D-Ring shackles though, and the driver side end was bent up. BUT, all the other little parts you may still need like the frame support mounting bracket, bolts, fog light mount, sensor mounting plates, etc. are just taking up space for me.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 95% sure that is the plastic bumper.
I was wondering why the part numbers didn't line up to your B6G post - Thanks for catching that. I just deleted my post.

I don't know why I had in my mind that the capable bumper was plastic... 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looking for the main bumper itself, and the two recovery hooks as well, I guess.
From my understanding there is a lot less to the capable bumper than the modular bumper, so I assumed there would be a part number for the main bumper fascia? But please correct me if I’m wrong.
There is the bumper itself... then the mounting plates, plastic trim pieces, fog light mounts, air ducts, D-ring shackles, fasteners, wiring, etc. etc.

Just the bumper itself:
  • M2DZ-17757-AA (Std/Mid package)
  • M2DZ-17757-BA (High/Lux package).

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And note that it is not capable. Of much.

OP
OP
Function_7

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is the bumper itself... then the mounting plates, plastic trim pieces, fog light mounts, air ducts, D-ring shackles, fasteners, wiring, etc. etc.

Just the bumper itself:
  • M2DZ-17757-AA (Std/Mid package)
  • M2DZ-17757-BA (High/Lux package).
Thanks! Is this 100% for sue the part # for the capable bumper? When I look it up on a parts website the bumper diagram that comes up looks a lot like a plastic bumper.

OP
OP
Function_7

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Capable bumper Part # 6BEFF5C1-C1DF-410A-A936-FE5AD4568B60

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that was a major bumper that was in 24 pieces

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That picture is definitely the standard plastic bumper diagram, and the part number in green is M2DZ-17D957-AA.

So... not sure what website you are looking at, but that's not M2DZ-17757-AA. Here is the diagram for the capable bumper:

Ford Bronco Capable bumper Part # 1672331879622

I thought that was a major bumper that was in 24 pieces
It's... complicated.

In "Ford speak" the front bumper is actually referred to as the "Front Bumper Assembly" and it comprises of several dozen components. The image I posted above (and the image @Function_7 posted) are images of a front bumper assembly.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. We all know there are tow shackles / recovery points included on the capable bumper and on the modular bumper. Logically, one could guess they are part of the part of the Front Bumper Assembly. But they're not... they're actually considered a component of the frame and not the bumper... which is why you don't see the tow shackles on the image I posted above.

OP
OP
Function_7

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That picture is definitely the standard plastic bumper diagram, and the part number in green is M2DZ-17D957-AA.

So... not sure what website you are looking at, but that's not M2DZ-17757-AA. Here is the diagram for the capable bumper:

1672331879622.png

It's... complicated.

In "Ford speak" the front bumper is actually referred to as the "Front Bumper Assembly" and it comprises of several dozen components. The image I posted above (and the image @Function_7 posted) are images of a front bumper assembly.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. We all know there are tow shackles / recovery points included on the capable bumper and on the modular bumper. Logically, one could guess they are part of the part of the Front Bumper Assembly. But they're not... they're actually considered a component of the frame and not the bumper... which is why you don't see the tow shackles on the image I posted above.
Thanks for all of this! I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does someone have a part number for the wiring that plugs into the fog lights of the capable bumper?

I bought a capable bumper for my dad’s base model, fog lights are there, but no wiring.

If I can get the wiring that plugs into the fog lights, we will just tie the lights to an Aux switch.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does someone have a part number for the wiring that plugs into the fog lights of the capable bumper?

I bought a capable bumper for my dad’s base model, fog lights are there, but no wiring.

If I can get the wiring that plugs into the fog lights, we will just tie the lights to an Aux switch.
Look under sponsors here, diode something or other I’m sure has what you’re looking for. Sorry I can’t exact company name.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

M2DZ-15K867-M
Sponsored