Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looked like it was bolted into the bumper....now I am really pissed at my dealership! Just got my license plates to put on so I will have to see how bad the holes are and if I can easily fill them.
Go to Lowes to the specialty fastener section. Find a plastic push pin that is the size of the drilled holes and buy 2. Get a bottle of touch up paint from a ford dealer ( or online) in the color of your bronco. Paint the pushpins with a few coats and insert.
I had the same concern of the dealership drilling into my Bronco! That's why I worked with Walt on a no-drill alternative.

That's my rig in the pics that Walt posted for the capable bumper bracket. I can confirm that it's not budging at all! Well made product and Walt's a great guy to work with!
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I d think you can find matte black plastic push in pins that will match very closely with your factory trim/color.

brokeray

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to Lowes to the specialty fastener section. Find a plastic push pin that is the size of the drilled holes and buy 2. Get a bottle of touch up paint from a ford dealer ( or online) in the color of your bronco. Paint the pushpins with a few coats and insert.
thanks for the tip. already have the touch up paint too.

sent you 30 + 12 last night but realized that was for the capable bumper but i have the modular. did you get it and can you send back the difference or use expedited shipping?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thanks for the tip. already have the touch up paint too.

sent you 30 + 12 last night but realized that was for the capable bumper but i have the modular. did you get it and can you send back the difference or use expedited shipping?
Yes sir, I refund the difference and ship it tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the plastics ends behind the metal of the capable bumper come off? I thought I remember reading somewhere that the plastic piece on the ends closest to the tires was removable?
They sure do. You have to remove these to acquire enough space to remove the crash bars if you want to upgrade to larger tires. The driver side is a pain to get to all 7 bolts. You also have to unplug a connection to allow enough movement of the plastic piece to slide the crash bar out. The passenger side is much easier to work with when removing.

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They sure do. You have to remove these to acquire enough space to remove the crash bars if you want to upgrade to larger tires. The driver side is a pain to get to all 7 bolts. You also have to unplug a connection to allow enough movement of the plastic piece to slide the crash bar out. The passenger side is much easier to work with when removing.
Awesome thanks! Any pics with them removed?

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After looking at my account and Bronco purchases have figured out the true purpose of the capable bumper..... it is there to SAVE YOU MONEY 😂

My accessories keep piling up but not a single one for the bumper since there is nothing worth getting yet. My wallet thanks the inventor of the capable bumper.....for now.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After looking at my account and Bronco purchases have figured out the true purpose of the capable bumper..... it is there to SAVE YOU MONEY 😂

My accessories keep piling up but not a single one for the bumper since there is nothing worth getting yet. My wallet thanks the inventor of the capable bumper.....for now.
Hahaha, great point! I just ordered the license plate relocate bracket from @HBTFD because I was so excited for the one little (but very important) thing I could do to the capable bumper. Victory! 😜

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. If that is true than maybe in the gap between grill and bumper where the license plate is. Seems like a sizable gap. I'll be curious to see what people do with this bumper and lights.
my plan is to mount a light bar in the gap.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my plan is to mount a light bar in the gap.
Mine as well, that vertical between body molding below the grill and the bumper gap looks to be perfect size for a 30" single row led bar.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine as well, that vertical between body molding below the grill and the bumper gap looks to be perfect size for a 30" single row led bar.
was waiting until I got mine to measure but I was thinking the same.

UtahGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ‘18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Has anyone seen an aftermarket fog light installed here (next to the factory fog)?

2. What is this? (Camera? Proximity Sensor?)

455836F6-375C-42BF-976E-16471AE9896F.jpeg
I am hoping @Baja Designs makes a swap out replacement for the factory fog light on the capable bumper. they had it for my Gen3 Tacoma and it was easy.
Sponsored

Last edited: