Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, I wanna know if those aftermarket Gear America Tow Shackles will fit in place of OEM shackles?

03DF9E88-6157-45D0-9A02-D21001C527A0.png
Unfortunately not without some work and even then I am not sure how (if) the current shackles come off. That piece of the bumper around the shackle looks like it does come off but I do not see how the shackles would come off even if you got that piece off. Sorry I am not much more help, the long cold snap we have been having is not helping my research.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately not without some work and even then I am not sure how (if) the current shackles come off. That piece of the bumper around the shackle looks like it does come off but I do not see how the shackles would come off even if you got that piece off. Sorry I am not much more help, the long cold snap we have been having is not helping my research.

Well, thanksā€¦.little bit of a bummer I wanted some white ones or to match mine with eruption green

I suppose I could try to pain them while still on the bumper if I really taped off/makes thoroughly around them, but a little nervous to try.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, thanksā€¦.little bit of a bummer I wanted some white ones or to match mine with eruption green

I suppose I could try to pain them while still on the bumper if I really taped off/makes thoroughly around them, but a little nervous to try.
Agree.
my theory is they are essentially the tow brackets hidden underneath at the frame and just extended forward. So if the bumper is removed, those two steel shackle portions remain, and then they can be disconnected and removed from the frame connection.
If the shackle cannot be removed at this point, itā€™s likely we all just replace with something aftermarket that allows for greater flexibility or customization.

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These pictures are so helpful! Thanks Kimberley!

I wonder if this is the bracket being offered by Ford now to mount the plates, or if this is something your dealer came up with. Everything else I had seen prior to this had the plates mounted higher (which I did NOT like..lol).

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this is the bracket being offered by Ford now to mount the plates, or if this is something your dealer came up with. Everything else I had seen prior to this had the plates mounted higher (which I did NOT like..lol).
This is the Ford front license plate bracket for the capable bumper. You will notice that it sits lower than the bracket for the modular bumper. Not too bad in my opinion but still requires drilling into the lower painted trim piece.

Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the Ford front license plate bracket for the capable bumper. You will notice that it sits lower than the bracket for the modular bumper. Not too bad in my opinion but still requires drilling into the lower painted trim piece.
Thanks for that information!

I donā€™t like the thought of having to drill into a painted piece, but it is what it is, I guess. Lol. I think it looks pretty good there.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want say that it is really nice of Kimberley to go out in the snow and take photos for internet strangers.

Thanks Kimberley!!!:love:
I wish I could have done more but this winter is going to be the death of me šŸ„¶

FYI HBTFD just created one that drills into capable bumper. Not sure I want to try changing since I already have the holes but I do prefer the look a bit better

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1641772644913.png

There you go!
Whatever that thing on the right side of your pic is, I don't have it on mine. The dealership said they had to put the plate on mine to inspect it due to state guidelines, I think they ignored/forgot my request to not mount it. You would most likely have to drill into it or get really creative for a plate on the bumper. Had not even thought about a second light next to the fog...
Here is a no drill alternative for the front license plate -

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cket-no-drilling-required.37149/#post-1219750

186E7321-719F-4BAF-977A-498083321BF8.jpeg

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Feel free to reach out for other pics of the bumper if you need some.

Ford Bronco Capable Bumper questions 186E7321-719F-4BAF-977A-498083321BF8
What the?! I didnā€™t know the back of the top / rear window would do this!

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the plastics ends behind the metal of the capable bumper come off? I thought I remember reading somewhere that the plastic piece on the ends closest to the tires was removable?

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looked like it was bolted into the bumper....now I am really pissed at my dealership! Just got my license plates to put on so I will have to see how bad the holes are and if I can easily fill them.
Go to Lowes to the specialty fastener section. Find a plastic push pin that is the size of the drilled holes and buy 2. Get a bottle of touch up paint from a ford dealer ( or online) in the color of your bronco. Paint the pushpins with a few coats and insert.
Sponsored