Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought you could upgrade your bumper on black diamond FROM the modular that came standard?
Nah... @balucipher is correct.

2021:
  • Base, BB, OBX, WT — plastic bumper standard. Heavy-duty module bumper as an available upgrade.
  • BD, BL — Heavy-duty module bumper standard
2022:
  • Base, BB, OBX, WT — unchanged since 2021
  • BD, BL - Capable bumper standard. Heavy-duty module bumper as an available upgrade.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the Capable a lot. I have it coming on my Badlands.

I think it'll be less constrained than the modular and we'll see a lot more of the more offroad geared trims ship out this year with this bumper on
Yea, I liked the way it looks too....just a bit of a head-scratcher that it wasn't designed to be able to add a winch or a bull bar....it's like ford made us choose between fog lights from the factory or a winch bumper from the factory.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the Capable a lot. I have it coming on my Badlands.

I think it'll be less constrained than the modular and we'll see a lot more of the more offroad geared trims ship out this year with this bumper on
and I'm also really interested to see how good the factory fogs are going to be....or if I'm gonna want to replace them with something aftermarket.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

and I'm also really interested to see how good the factory fogs are going to be....or if I'm gonna want to replace them with something aftermarket.
I think they're pretty good in my '21 Big Bend which has the standard plastic bumper. Aftermarket options are going to be brighter and more customizable for what you want, but they're LED and match the headlight color and make a noticeable difference on vs off.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they're pretty good in my '21 Big Bend which has the standard plastic bumper. Aftermarket options are going to be brighter and more customizable for what you want, but they're LED and match the headlight color and make a noticeable difference on vs off.
Cool, thanks for that.....so, are they amber in color?

I pretty much know nothing about lighting (pods, fogs, etc), are there aftermarket fogs that change color between white and amber? Is that thing?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool, thanks for that.....so, are they amber in color?

I pretty much know nothing about lighting (pods, fogs, etc), are there aftermarket fogs that change color between white and amber? Is that thing?
The OEM fogs on my BB are white

I know Rigid and other companies offer swappable lenses that let you switch or choose amber or white or yellow if you want. I haven't looked for switchable ones but I'm sure there's someone making them.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The OEM fogs on my BB are white

I know Rigid and other companies offer swappable lenses that let you switch or choose amber or white or yellow if you want. I haven't looked for switchable ones but I'm sure there's someone making them.
Gotcha. I guess some of the after market pods offer both a white and an amber.

I wonder how much better ambers are supposed to be?

The pod lights that some people add to their rigs, mounted by the mirrors, do people use those as fogs, or just extra lights for off-roading?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The pod lights that some people add to their rigs, mounted by the mirrors, do people use those as fogs, or just extra lights for off-roading?
The pods in front of the windshield are usually extra lights offroad. On my Raptor, I noticed amber cut slightly better through dust kicked up when following someone in the desert

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Kimberley

Thanks for sharing the pictures. When time permits can we see a close-up picture of the license plate bracket taken from the side so we can see how the bracket was mounted. Thanks!
I will see what i can get tomorrow for a pic but you can't see really from the side what they did. I salesman and I had to feel around in hopes that it was just a clip on mount, but there are screws.

Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you teased us with a Sasquatch sighting, you have to follow up with more pictures of it. Also, would love to see the bag and info where you got it.
The bag is a HeyTrip cargo organizer with a cooler that the Bronco badge was added to after. And our sasquatch arrived at Christmas but it was not due to the Bronco but i now believe it was a sign of good things to come 😁
Ford Bronco Capable Bumper questions 1641857577980

1641857636292.png

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will see what i can get tomorrow for a pic but you can't see really from the side what they did. I salesman and I had to feel around in hopes that it was just a clip on mount, but there are screws.
Thanks. I'm trying to picture the contour of the backside of the bracket if that makes sense. It looks like the upper part of the bracket fits around the body colored trim above the bumper and below the grill.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

True fog lights are normally mounted low. That’s kind of the point. Having them bright and high would be like putting your brights on. That just makes the fog look worse. Amber also helps reduce back reflections that tend to annoy your eyes.

Last edited:

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I gotta say they are better than my Xterra (most recent one was a 2012) and seems about the same as the Bronco sport I have had for the last 10 months. So not terrible but I am sure there are/will be some better options available.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for lack of pics today, got called into work (can't say no, have to pay for the Bronco accessories some how ) and it was -8 all day anyways and temp is still dropping . @TankCommander you are correct on how the plate is on I will try to get pics soon. FYI the softtop kept me toasty warm and I do not have heated seats or steering wheel.
Sponsored