Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird that your bumper doesn’t have the proximtiy sensors though. I thought this was an option on all trim, but could be mistaken.
Sponsored

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel free to reach out for other pics of the bumper if you need some.

1641775373994.jpeg
1641775410683.jpeg
1641775485188.jpeg
1641775519279.jpeg
1641775608033.jpeg
If you need some of the bumper let me know!

1641775671648.jpeg
@Kimberley

Thanks for sharing the pictures. When time permits can we see a close-up picture of the license plate bracket taken from the side so we can see how the bracket was mounted. Thanks!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope to keep the thread bumped up. I've asked about the capable bumper on two diff threads. My Black Diamond with Capable Bumper was build Thursday or Friday, so I'm wondering about replacing and/or adding fogs, and if there's a winch/bar option.
Capable bumper comes form the factory with fogs. And you can obviously replace it with a new bumper if you want. There is no option for a winch or a bar—you'll probably have to go with an aftermarket bumper (or swap it out with the heavy-duty bump). The Capable bumper doesn't have any mounting points.
Weird that your bumper doesn’t have the proximtiy sensors though. I thought this was an option on all trim, but could be mistaken.
Rear sensors are included with Mid package and up. Front sensors are included with High package and up.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Capable bumper comes form the factory with fogs. And you can obviously replace it with a new bumper if you want. There is no option for a winch or a bar—you'll probably have to go with an aftermarket bumper (or swap it out with the heavy-duty bump). The Capable bumper doesn't have any mounting points.

Rear sensors are included with Mid package and up. Front sensors are included with High package and up.
Yea I’m interested in SWITCHING the factory fogs for some better aftermarket ones, and I can still utilize my switch

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I’m interested in SWITCHING the factory fogs for some better aftermarket ones, and I can still utilize my switch
Ohhh yeah... you can replace them. They're the same design as the standard plastic bumper fog lights. May have to do some cable cutting and minor modifications depending on the exact lights you purchased., but there isn't anything special about the factory fog lights.

The only concern I would have is if your aftermarket lights pull tons of power and trip the fuse. But I would be shocked if you ran into that issue.

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great looking BD. Is the skid plate on the capable bumper metal like the modular bumper?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ohhh yeah... you can replace them. They're the same design as the standard plastic bumper fog lights. May have to do some cable cutting and minor modifications depending on the exact lights you purchased., but there isn't anything special about the factory fog lights.

The only concern I would have is if your aftermarket lights pull tons of power and trip the fuse. But I would be shocked if you ran into that issue.
Yea. Good point.
Do you think aftermarket is gonna have a solution for a winch for this bumper?

i realize it may require some drilling

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea. Good point.

If the skid is metal, couldn’t you use the rough country one?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the skid is metal, couldn’t you use the rough country one?

Well I was thinking that but isn’t there something about that one not working with the 2.7?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea. Good point.

Honestly.... I don't think so. At least not in the near future. It's going to require drill & tapping and/or some welding. Most people are really only comfortable with bolt-on solutions... so I suspect the aftermarket will largely focus on bolt-on solutions.

I definitely expect a lot of aftermarket bumpers with winch solutions, and I do expect some kits for the HD module bumper that Ford sells from the factory. But I don't expect many kits to modify the standard capable bumper.

Personally I bought the capable bumper purely because of the fog light wiring (and because it saves me ~$500 or so). I plan on swapping it out for an aftermarket bumper at some point.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly.... I don't think so. At least not in the near future. It's going to require drill & tapping and/or some welding. Most people are really only comfortable with bolt-on solutions... so I suspect the aftermarket will largely focus on bolt-on solutions.

I definitely expect a lot of aftermarket bumpers with winch solutions, and I do expect some kits for the HD module bumper that Ford sells from the factory. But I don't expect many kits to modify the standard capable bumper.

Personally I bought the capable bumper purely because of the fog light wiring (and because it saves me ~$500 or so). I plan on swapping it out for an aftermarket bumper at some point.

Yea I stuck with it too. It still confuses me. Why in 2021 was it MORE to add the capable bumper and the seemingly more popular modular was the cheaper, “standard” option?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Capable wasn't an option for 2021

I thought you could upgrade your bumper on black diamond FROM the modular that came standard?
Sponsored