Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Trailblazer RS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I have a question about the Sasquatch package.

1. Is it cheaper to do that mod yourself?

2. Is that package/mod worth it?

I have a Big Bend non sasquatch and new to off roading. I eventually will get a second Bronco down the road, most likely a black diamond as I want the seat upgrades and the drain hole floor. Just curious on peoples thoughts here. Becoming a big Bronco fan, love our Big Bend!
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a zillion topics on the same question. You can’t buy the advanced transfer case, M210 front axle with locker, 4.70 gearing in both axles, Bilstein Hoss shocks, 315/70R17 tires on beadlock capable wheels, and have it all under warranty for less than the upgrade cost.

If you are going to offroad then by all means buy the Sasquatch. If you are a road going person who wants the look you can just add a slight lift and wheels/tires. I went with a Badlands because I wanted a manual trans with front locker, no Mansquatch was available in 2021. The 33” tires fit and work great, I don’t know that I would want the 35” tires for my usage.

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Big Bend non sasquatch and new to off roading. I eventually will get a second Bronco down the road, most likely a black diamond as I want the seat upgrades and the drain hole floor. Just curious on peoples thoughts here. Becoming a big Bronco fan, love our Big Bend!
I originally ordered my BD non SAS but the more I researched I found that the added cost upfront was worth it to me. More goes into it then some realize. Plus it being under warranty was a big bonus :)

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you intend on off roading, the Sasquatch package can't be beat for the price. The lone exception to that is the manual Badlands, in which case it pretty much becomes a wheel and tire package (with a fraction of an inch lift). I was dead set on the mansquatch Badlands until I realized I didn't want the wheels and tires that Sasquatch included. It still looked badass, but I could do more for the similar money.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This ^^^^^

I wasn't a fan of the SAS wheels & tires for the added cost. Will put the savings towards 35" tires and wheels that I like.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would only add one thing to the above points of view. i.e., driveline components including driveshaft lengths, universal joints, cv joints, gearing, ABS, safety systems are all designed to work w/ the added height of Sas. I started out ordering an OBX and was going to lift and add bigger tires. After fretting about the above I switched order to Badlands w/ Sas.

Spend a little time on Jeep forums and you'll find lifting is much more complicated than $150 spacers and upsizing tires. Horror stories abound.

Not certain if you are asking for your current Bronco or the second one. If you're lifting the current, do it properly and don't cheap out. On the second, buy the Sas.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There were so much back and forth about wheels in those Sasquatch vs no- Sasquatch threads. None of that matters.

Sasquatch gets you a much stronger Front Axle (and 4A ..aka Full time 4x4-ish). That is was Sasquatch was about...not the cool look factor of larger tires which could easily be had cheaper

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were so much back and forth about wheels in those Sasquatch vs no- Sasquatch threads. None of that matters.

Sasquatch gets you a much stronger Front Axle (and 4A ..aka Full time 4x4-ish). That is was Sasquatch was about...not the cool look factor of larger tires which could easily be had cheaper
The advanced transfer case (4A) is available onevery model except Base, on Black Diamond it’s $795.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The advanced transfer case (4A) is available onevery model except Base, on Black Diamond it’s $795.
-Advance 4x4 is available on the Base and Big Bend. But requires the Sasquatch package
-Black Diamond it is a $795 upgrade
-Outer Banks it is a $1590 upgrade because it also requires the 4.27 gears
-Standard on the Badlands and Wildtrak

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah.. wasn't aware. Thought it requires Sasquatch (and auto).

For me, Sasquatch is a must-have for the stronger front axle and front locker.

With that said, if I had opted for a BL, I probably would have skipped Sasquatch because at that point you are basically just getting wheels... But even with that, 2,500 for 5 larger wheels is still a pretty good deal.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes on Sasquatch, unless it's a Badlands, which already has everything except the wheels, 35" tires, and the 4.70 diff gears. If you don't need 35's a stock Badlands is kick ass. If you're OK with 35's and 4.46 gears then a leveling kit will work on a Badlands without Sasquatch. The 33" tire is 32.8" and the Sasquatch tire is 34.4", plus the Sasquatch has .5" more lift. Otherwise, without Badlands, get Sasquatch. Definitely cost more to do have it done afterwards, and the whole front diff would need to be replaced. Thankfully, Ford is selling the complete diff, but it will still cost. I did cost a Bronco out both ways, and doesn't pencil to do it later compared with the cost of Sasquatch.

OP
OP
jakefoley

jakefoley

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Trailblazer RS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was not sure how to reply all on here, but thanks everyone for the responses. All good information on here. I think my mind has been made up, go Sas for next one!
Sponsored

Reactions: abe