Sponsored

Anyone buy a non-practical model on purpose?

OP
OP

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the biggest hurdle I was expecting was getting my wife to agree it would be ok. She put up 0 fight
Sponsored

OP
OP

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol I love this thread.

i bought a base to be practical and now looking at real world current prices of everything that I thought I would do casually ā€œjust add when I wantā€
Is looking pretty pricey.

badlands looks like the Best Buy now.

Base 2.7: $34,000
Katskin: $1500
Wheel package: $4000
Fog light addition $500+
audio $1,000+

brings it to a $41,000+ non sasā€™d base, with an inaccurate speedo and perhaps an inferior power train with the 3,73 or whatever?

plus limited colorsā€¦

oh well

So I know this is assumption on my part, but assuming a Base Mansquatch drops by $1,400ish by having the manual instead of auto that would make it $7,000ish cheaper than a nonSAS Badlands. A Base Mansquatch would have the things I want, vs paying for lots more on the Badlands that I don't necessarily want.

Also anyone who has/had/compared a 2 door Wrangler to a 2 door Bronco, how would you say the interior compares? No 2 doors close by to look at, but plenty of 2 door Wranglers to give me an idea.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a conversation between you and your wife, not a bunch of strangers who will invariably lean towards telling you to do whatever you want.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Family of 6. My dad had a '65 Mustang, and mom had a '65 Country Squire. Age span between us 6 was nine years.

We all came out normal. I grew up with fond memories of my dad's cool as shit Mustang.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not every household vehicle has to serve the same purpose. You have the box checked for "kid hauler", so don't feel bad or think twice about something more fun.

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I have a dilemma right now. I thankfully I have plenty of time to think about it because the Mansquatch isn't a thing yet.

I REALLY want a 2 door model. While I don't think the 4 looks bad, I just feel the 2 door looks better/closer to the original. Problem is we're a family of 5.

Now I discussed it with the wife and she said she doesn't think it would really be an issue because for hauling everyone we have her minivan. Plus the plan is for this to replace my daily commuter, which I can honestly say in the last 4 years I don't think my wife has rode in? Just me taking or picking the kids up from school then to and from work.

My father managed to make a 4 seat convertible his daily vehicle for years and years despite us being a family of 9, because my mom drove a Ford E350.

I know going by what 99.99% of my driving will be that I can do it, I just keep getting this feeling in the back of my mind of those occasions where we want to do an evening or weekend drive with the top off but I wouldn't be able to fit everyone.

Of course the other thing going for me is at this point by the time I can actually get one my daughter should be old enough and in the phase of wanting nothing to do with my wife and myself......
For the love of God get any bronco you can get your hands on. Once I read "minivan" I was overwhelmed with sadness šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a conversation between you and your wife, not a bunch of strangers who will invariably lean towards telling you to do whatever you want.
Thankfully that already happened and she said she didn't think it would be an issue

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy what you want ...impractical or not

OP
OP

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the love of God get any bronco you can get your hands on. Once I read "minivan" I was overwhelmed with sadness šŸ˜‚
If you have multiple kids a minivan is great.
Before the minivan we had an Expedition. The minivan not only gets better mileage but actually has more interior space

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I know this is assumption on my part, but assuming a Base Mansquatch drops by $1,400ish by having the manual instead of auto that would make it $7,000ish cheaper than a nonSAS Badlands. A Base Mansquatch would have the things I want, vs paying for lots more on the Badlands that I don't necessarily want.

Also anyone who has/had/compared a 2 door Wrangler to a 2 door Bronco, how would you say the interior compares? No 2 doors close by to look at, but plenty of 2 door Wranglers to give me an idea.
I personally think the Wranglers have a nicer interior or they can have a much nicer interior than the Bronco on upper trims . Iā€™ve driven and checked out a big bend and the interior on the Bronco is cheap. Lots of plastic, but it doesnā€™t affect the vehicle and itā€™s very functional. I personally have no issues with the Bronco interior and enjoyed it. Itā€™s not cluttered and will be easy to keep clean. The lower trim spec Wranglers have a joke of a screen. But the upper trim Wranglers with the quilted leather look fantastic inside.

Sponsored

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have a dilemma right now. I thankfully I have plenty of time to think about it because the Mansquatch isn't a thing yet.

I REALLY want a 2 door model. While I don't think the 4 looks bad, I just feel the 2 door looks better/closer to the original. Problem is we're a family of 5.

Now I discussed it with the wife and she said she doesn't think it would really be an issue because for hauling everyone we have her minivan. Plus the plan is for this to replace my daily commuter, which I can honestly say in the last 4 years I don't think my wife has rode in? Just me taking or picking the kids up from school then to and from work.

My father managed to make a 4 seat convertible his daily vehicle for years and years despite us being a family of 9, because my mom drove a Ford E350.

I know going by what 99.99% of my driving will be that I can do it, I just keep getting this feeling in the back of my mind of those occasions where we want to do an evening or weekend drive with the top off but I wouldn't be able to fit everyone.

Of course the other thing going for me is at this point by the time I can actually get one my daughter should be old enough and in the phase of wanting nothing to do with my wife and myself......
Same situation, family of 5 here too, and I have the 4-door. I considered a 2-door like you too, but only for about 0.5 seconds.

Had a 2 door M3 convertible a few years back, and once the new wore off, it became clear that not having 4 doors is a PITA.
If it had been a 4 door I would have kept it much longer. Iā€™d advise you to get the 4-door and large tires if itā€™s the look you want. 2 door will get annoying in short order. And you canā€™t even seat 5 in the 2-door.

plus more ride stability. An myself I like the 4-door look better for the Bronco.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Bronco is actually very practical for me.

- I have 0 commute, so the dismal range and efficiency are fine
- I love to spend time outdoors
- I donā€™t have kids but need room for 1 other human, 2 dogs, and gear, so I got the 4-door

This is the perfect tool for the job. Itā€™s cost effective too because I was alternatively shopping the defender and R1S, both of which came in at nontrivially higher sticker prices than my FE

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny. Not sure family of 5 will be comfortable in a 4 door anyways.

But donā€™t forget that everyone else might actually like the Bronco once you get it and want to go for a top down ride into town, on the beach or out in the country.

You also might become halfway cool to your daughter and get to spend some quality time with her in the Bronco.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I completely misunderstood your question. I thought you were really talking impracticable like one of these! :cool:

Ford Bronco Anyone buy a non-practical model on purpose? E186AE77-37C3-427B-9688-B5D37E57A0C0

viffer07

Black Diamond
First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy 2500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
def 2 door. being 70 YO, kids grown and gone, two small dogs,and pulling behind motorhome why the hell not? practical?
Sponsored