bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a rover with all the bells and whistles, and the 1 feature that i like should be included on all new cars as a safety feature is what ford calls blis…...which for those that don't know is a little light that comes on in your side mirrors to let you know if a car is approaching or in your blind spot.

lol @ not letting the consumer buy a safety feature...….much fail
Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea that’s really unfortunate. I’ve had those on many of my past cars and they’re extremely useful. Perhaps Ford assumed cab visibility is sufficient to not need the blind spot detection.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bobby bunny time

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Upselling. Every manufacturer does it. That's how they get you to buy a more expensive model with expensive packages. I don't agree with it. Some things should just be available on all models. Especially when it involves safety.
safety should not be an upsell allowed to only certain levels to buy. this is something that should be able to purchase on any level.....like fkn sasquatch and 4x4 auto engagement.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't it in the high package?
it's in the mid package - have to get Big Bend or better to spec the packages because that's where Ford's profit margin is.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
That safety feature has done nothing, but make me more distracted when I drive my partner’s Prius (no shade plz I live in Seattle).
It's bad enough that I have to finesse my Dick's burger n' fries while rowing gears, don't need an additional notification in my peripherals (PNW guys will hopefully get this reference).

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Upselling. Every manufacturer does it. That's how they get you to buy a more expensive model with expensive packages. I don't agree with it. Some things should just be available on all models. Especially when it involves safety.
Part of it is "upselling" and part of it is supply chain and manufacturing. They can't build every Bronco as a one-off custom.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMO for all intents and purposes the Big Bend is the actual base model for 90ish% of consumers. I don’t think Ford is actually intending to sell that many Base trims. The Base is meant for people that want no safety or extra tech features at all. Ford wants to service those type of buyers and also be able to say the starting MSRP comes in under 30K.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice quoting of my full sentence in context there. (Are you a journalist? Lol) If you’re gonna quote it that way then it should say for people that don’t want extra safety features. (blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, etc...) It’s a pretty common sentiment on these forums, hell even this thread. I’m not saying people don’t want seatbelts and airbags. ?‍♂

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Status
Not open for further replies.