Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
BL
Comes standard with front & rear lockers, and front sway bar disconnect. Raptor is the only other model that has the disconnect. 7-speed MT has 4.7’s and auto has 4.46’s. Also has HOSS 2.0 suspension (lower models have HOSS 1.0). SAS upgrades auto to 4.7’s. There doesn’t seem to be benefit for lockers they are already included. And SAS has HOSS 2.0 high clearance suspension although it’s not clear how much higher than stock 2.0.
The Bilstein shocks on the SAS BLs give you a half inch more lift, at the expense of losing a half inch of travel, over the Bilstein shocks on the nonSAS BLs. You left off the Heritage Edition which is now the budget Sasquatch Bronco. The Base has been discontinued.
Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bilstein shocks on the SAS BLs give you a half inch more lift, at the expense of losing a half inch of travel, over the Bilstein shocks on the nonSAS BLs. You left off the Heritage Edition which is now the budget Sasquatch Bronco. The Base has been discontinued.
LOL sounds like they are using spacers to get the extra 1/2”. It’s only 1/2” but for those that wheel this blows. You want the lift and travel as you know.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a lot of variance in lockers and gearing on lower models, with most lacking unless you spruce for SAS. However, I agree that it doesn’t make much sense to dismantle, sell for 50 cents on the dollar and then buy new stuff for even more money.

OBX
Like Base, auto only and 3.73’s default. No front or rear lockers. But there is a $795 option for 4.27 gears (hopefully OP added this since they may add bigger wheels/tires later). SAS gives 4.7’s and both front & rear lockers.

BL
Comes standard with front & rear lockers, and front sway bar disconnect. Raptor is the only other model that has the disconnect. 7-speed MT has 4.7’s and auto has 4.46’s. Also has HOSS 2.0 suspension (lower models have HOSS 1.0). SAS upgrades auto to 4.7’s. There doesn’t seem to be benefit for lockers they are already included. And SAS has HOSS 2.0 high clearance suspension although it’s not clear how much higher than stock 2.0.
The best price hack WAS on the 21-23 OBX advanced 4x4 (~$1600) and came with the 4.27 rear locker.

The Badlands (non-sasquatch) has about a 0.65" lift over stock, just about 1/2 the lift of Sasquatch, but with more articulation due to the shorter bump stop. This is the suspension I run on my OBX.

Before Badlands HOSS 2.0

IMG_20220910_181155.jpg

After Badlands HOSS 2.0

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

Side by side on factory OBX wheels/tires.

IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V.jpg

Hopefully that helps show the difference.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL sounds like they are using spacers to get the extra 1/2”. It’s only 1/2” but for those that wheel this blows. You want the lift and travel as you know.
No, it's not spacers.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best price hack WAS on the 21-23 OBX advanced 4x4 (~$1600) and came with the 4.27 rear locker.

The Badlands (non-sasquatch) has about a 0.65" lift over stock, just about 1/2 the lift of Sasquatch, but with more articulation due to the shorter bump stop. This is the suspension I run on my OBX.

Before Badlands HOSS 2.0

IMG_20220910_181155.jpg

After Badlands HOSS 2.0

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

Side by side on factory OBX wheels/tires.

IMG-05c6bbd49ed9171086c562b03d235171-V.jpg

Hopefully that helps show the difference.
Thanks for sharing this, it is helpful. Nice looking rig BTW.

Changing topics, how do you like the carb gray? It’s my first choice but dealer stock and their lack of ability/interest to swap inventory with their sister lot has me silver instead. Close but I like the darker gray better.

Also, in my case, both are BL’s. Silver is non-SAS and gray is SAS. Wish I could wave a wand and have the colors magically swap, lol. Dealer is letting me take for a few days in hopes silver grows on me enough to buy.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing this, it is helpful. Nice looking rig BTW.

Changing topics, how do you like the carb gray? It’s my first choice but dealer stock and their lack of ability/interest to swap inventory with their sister lot has me silver instead. Close but I like the darker gray better.

Also, in my case, both are BL’s. Silver is non-SAS and gray is SAS. Wish I could wave a wand and have the colors magically swap, lol. Dealer is letting me take for a few days in hopes silver grows on me enough to buy.
I love it because it never gets any attention on the road, it just blends into the background and I don't get tickets. The silver is not a bad color. The Carbonized Gray hides dirt and scratches well.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, that is helpful. I’m coming from a very loud color and loud from engine sports car that drew lots of attention. Good point about scratches & dirt. A few vehicles back my wife had silver and it seemed to show stuff fairly easy.

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Dealer let me take the silver BL w/o SAS for a couple days in hopes to persuade me. Even tinted the windows nice & dark for me as I mentioned it would look better with the contrast.

Looking around, it seems hard to find a carb gray BL w/o SAS. Found a few within 2-300 miles. None locally. Nearly all have some ADM of sorts. The silver is a few thousand below MSRP.

Somewhat back on topic, when I picked it up I noticed it was driving more sluggish, sort of like the green BL w/ SAS I test drove a few days ago. Was driving me bonkers as I thought I had remembered wrong. Then I was playing with the GOAT modes and ended back in normal. Power resumed to similar status when I test drove. I think it was in eco mode. Also dealer gassed up for me prior to pick up and not sure if he used premium or regular which I understand both work but the lower grade at the expense of reduced performance as the engine auto adjusts the timing. Considering a test drive of the carb gray w/ SAS at the sister lot to test my theory and get a side by side of the silver vs gray.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_5351

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, that is helpful. I’m coming from a very loud color and loud from engine sports car that drew lots of attention. Good point about scratches & dirt. A few vehicles back my wife had silver and it seemed to show stuff fairly easy.

Haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Dealer let me take the silver BL w/o SAS for a couple days in hopes to persuade me. Even tinted the windows nice & dark for me as I mentioned it would look better with the contrast.

Looking around, it seems hard to find a carb gray BL w/o SAS. Found a few within 2-300 miles. None locally. Nearly all have some ADM of sorts. The silver is a few thousand below MSRP.

Somewhat back on topic, when I picked it up I noticed it was driving more sluggish, sort of like the green BL w/ SAS I test drove a few days ago. Was driving me bonkers as I thought I had remembered wrong. Then I was playing with the GOAT modes and ended back in normal. Power resumed to similar status when I test drove. I think it was in eco mode. Also dealer gassed up for me prior to pick up and not sure if he used premium or regular which I understand both work but the lower grade at the expense of reduced performance as the engine auto adjusts the timing. Considering a test drive of the carb gray w/ SAS at the sister lot to test my theory and get a side by side of the silver vs gray.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_5351
Remember, although the Badlands doesn't come with sport mode, adding it later is easy. If you want to have some fun, put the Badlands in Baja mode, switch to 2H, and drive on the street. It's a blast.

Price wise, I would get the silver one, but I personally really love Carbonized Gray. However, you can always get a wrap which will protect the paint and get you the color you want. I would probably go with the non-sasquatch Badlands.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Like you, my daily driver used to be a sports car...

Ferrari in Guam 2 (1).jpg

Last edited:

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy crap…nice car! How did you get to the point of swapping from that to a Bronco? I’m flopping like a fish out of water if getting rid of mine is worth it and IMO your car is superior. But damn, I like the Bronco!

I’m trying the Baja mode hack today. When flipping through GOAT that actually crossed my mind but I hesitated.

The other models have Sport, which I assume is more aggressive than normal mode? Makes sense, my car is a 1320 with drag mode like the Demon but lacks the “sport” mode the non-1320 models have. So the BL has to fill the gap, lol.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_5318

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Holy crap…nice car! How did you get to the point of swapping from that to a Bronco? I’m flopping like a fish out of water if getting rid of mine is worth it and IMO your car is superior. But damn, I like the Bronco!

I’m trying the Baja mode hack today. When flipping through GOAT that actually crossed my mind but I hesitated.

The other models have Sport, which I assume is more aggressive than normal mode? Makes sense, my car is a 1320 with drag mode like the Demon but lacks the “sport” mode the non-1320 models have. So the BL has to fill the gap, lol.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_5318
How do you go from the sports car to the Bronco? By keeping both. It's undergoing some rebuilding right now and the Bronco is the daily driver.

That's a serious ride you have there. It will leave my car in the dust through the 1/4 mile, even under the best of circumstances.

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you go from the sports car to the Bronco? By keeping both. It's undergoing some rebuilding right now and the Bronco is the daily driver.

That's a serious ride you have there. It will leave my car in the dust through the 1/4 mile, even under the best of circumstances.
Thanks man. Had a 2010 RT years ago and when I learned 23 was the last year I jumped on a 1320. Fastest naturally aspirated factory and street legal muscle car with about an 11 second quarter. Sometimes coined a “baby Demon” as it has drag mode, drag suspension, drag radials, axles, gearing etc borrowed from the Demon. Just no boost. The Cats, Demons and Super Stocks will eat my lunch on the track. On the streets of Mexico, the 1320 may surprise a few of the boosted brethren.

Made the very hard decision today to let her go after such a short stint. Learned wife has a rare medical condition and the Bronco fits our life goals better than the car. Coincidentally, I also pulled the trigger on the silver BL non-SAS today! Gave up one dream to live another. An early Bronco and the old International Scouts has been on my radar since I was a teen. I’m excited to see where this next chapter of life takes us.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks man. Had a 2010 RT years ago and when I learned 23 was the last year I jumped on a 1320. Fastest naturally aspirated factory and street legal muscle car with about an 11 second quarter. Sometimes coined a “baby Demon” as it has drag mode, drag suspension, drag radials, axles, gearing etc borrowed from the Demon. Just no boost. The Cats, Demons and Super Stocks will eat my lunch on the track. On the streets of Mexico, the 1320 may surprise a few of the boosted brethren.

Made the very hard decision today to let her go after such a short stint. Learned wife has a rare medical condition and the Bronco fits our life goals better than the car. Coincidentally, I also pulled the trigger on the silver BL non-SAS today! Gave up one dream to live another. An early Bronco and the old International Scouts has been on my radar since I was a teen. I’m excited to see where this next chapter of life takes us.
Sorry to hear about the wife and the need to part with the car. Hopefully, things improve for her or at least don't worsen.

As for the Bronco, I think that you are going to love where it can take you both. It's just so crazy capable. My girlfriend, who didn't even know that off-roading was a thing, has been bitten by the bug and is enthusiastic about it now. Hopefully your wife will find the same enthusiasm for it.

I finally arranged the time for her and I to do Off-roadeo together (in separate Broncos) in Moab in a few weeks. She's a little scared, but excited, and I am going to try to learn something too. Hopefully, she'll learn a little mechanical empathy along the way. I still put up the $75 for the insurance... She doesn't listen well to me, so she might not listen to the instructors either. ;)

Congratulations on the new ride.
Sponsored