Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use"

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!

EDIT: From some of the replies I feel like I should mention/reiterate, this isnā€™t a matter of trying to talk her out of SAS package, and sheā€™s not wanting the SAS for sake of SAS. What she wants is simply a similar look, so both her and I are trying to decide if she should wait for a ā€˜24 ordered with SAS, or just do some aftermarket to the OBX thatā€™s on the way now. I shouldā€™ve stated that more clearly from beginning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get it without the SAS. If she still want the looks and beefier tires, then lift and new wheels/tires.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have obx non-sas and have "no regerts". I did option the larger engine, adv 4x4 so I'm ready to put some true 33" tires when stock wear out. I like the color matched fenders more than the $2k+ things that sasquatch added, that would never be required on-road or for the light (think beach driving) off-road I might do.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can easily do a aftermarket seetup of wheels and lift. You can do a level kit, and buy the wheels you want to go with, and be at, or have the look of a SAS package.

I have a BL and did not get the SAS package. I did a aftermarket kit, (in sig) and I went with 37's Now I did not build out to be a mall crawler, but I am not doing super hardcore rock crawling, not here in S.FL lol.

The point is do not shy away from the aftermarket. You can get what you want and how you want it look for a much better price than getting the SAS package.

My semi mall crawler

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" 1692281164676

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Check out the local marketplace here on the site, plenty swapping out squatch suspension and wheels/tires if you're wanting to stay OEM. If not have her look at the wheel thread and find a look she likes and go from there with a small lift or suspension upgrade. Sasquatch on a '24 OBX is $6665, you can buy allot of "look" for that amount!!!

Sponsored

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco, ā€˜21 F250, ā€˜96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stock OBX running gear looks too tame, so either get SAS or aftermarket wheels & tires.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, find out of she just likes the beauty ring look (the silver ring). If so, get some Sas take off rims and swap tires. This is the cheapest option.

If she wants the bigger tire too, you have to make room for the tire without Sasquatch. Search the forum for OBX Sasquatch upgrade threads, I believe several have documented how they did that.

The Sas trim also has wider fender flares, which you can buy and install. That's kind've it as far as looks, minus a lift (see the second option above, which will probably be adding a perch lift).

The problem is more bird-in-hand if you're about to get the OBX. Restarting the order might be painful in terms of wait. However, if she really wants it, and you'd like warranty coverage on the build to stay complete, maybe that's the best option. I would shop around and look for MSRP on an OBX w/Sas package. Avoid ADM if you at all can.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!
Ford performance lift with sas takeoffs and flares should do the trick. Itā€™ll be less than opting for the sas package and if the dealer does your lift it will retain warranty.

Even less expensive option is to have the dealer swap the tires on delivery. Lots of people with 33ā€ KO2s on stock OBX.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll chime in since "my" Bronco is actually my wife's and we have an OBX w/ Sasquatch.
It drives around town and down the highway just fine. Feels just like any other suv.
But that's all she does with it. Takes the kids to school, goes to the grocery store...etc.
I, however, do enjoy to take it off the pavement whenever I get the chance, so I personally appreciate all of the extras that come with the Sasquatch package.
If neither of you care about off-roading and are fine with the standard 4x4, then just start with a beefier wheel and tire set up.
If you still want more, then look for a lift.
That would be my suggestion

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I did the Ford Performance lift and added 33's to it.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the sasquatch package and call it a day. Its all factory so warranty cant be questioned. its your wife- money is no object!

The ride in the sas is really good.

Have her drive a jeep and she will understand the comfort level of the Bronco! No comparison.
Sponsored