Sponsored

Is Bessemer, AL in the same situation as Granger Ford?

Joe2311

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have an order placed with Mitch Watt's Town and Country Ford in Bessemer, AL. I have inquired about their recent allocation numbers and the number of orders they have, as well as where my place is amongst the others just trying to get some kind of broad sense of when I might anticipate receiving my Bronco. The dealership won't or can't provide me any of this information.

I have been told by two Bronco enthusiasts, that Town and Country is now in the same situation as Granger Ford, where their orders far exceed allocations, and they are only expecting to fill a small percentage of their orders in the next two years.

Does anybody have insight or information on this?
Sponsored

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an order placed with Mitch Watt's Town and Country Ford in Bessemer, AL. I have inquired about their recent allocation numbers and the number of orders they have, as well as where my place is amongst the others just trying to get some kind of broad sense of when I might anticipate receiving my Bronco. The dealership won't or can't provide me any of this information.

I have been told by two Bronco enthusiasts, that Town and Country is now in the same situation as Granger Ford, where their orders far exceed allocations, and they are only expecting to fill a small percentage of their orders in the next two years.

I don’t have specific info but starting to worry the same about Long Lewis in Hoover.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think any dealer who initially offered below MSRP or at MSRP got a lot of orders. And I bet they thought that orders would be fulfilled outside of allocation. Or maybe the dealers knew better and took the orders anyways.

OP
OP

Joe2311

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For sure! Transparency and communication as Granger does would be satisfactory.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think any dealer who initially offered below MSRP or at MSRP got a lot of orders. And I bet they thought that orders would be fulfilled outside of allocation. Or maybe the dealers knew better and took the orders anyways.
Or maybe Ford said reservations would be filled in order of timestamp. Actually not maybe, they did..
And maybe Ford changed the allocation formulas for 2022/2023 from what they promised in 2021...not maybe, they did.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe Ford said reservations would be filled in order of timestamp. Actually not maybe, they did..
And maybe Ford changed the allocation formulas for 2022/2023 from what they promised in 2021...not maybe, they did.
But what we don't know if is Ford told us one thing and the dealers another. Or maybe they told some dealers and not others.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But what we don't know if is Ford told us one thing and the dealers another. Or maybe they told some dealers and not others.
I've been following this since the beginning. Initially Ford allocations would be based on total number of Bronco reservations, so the more orders you got the more Broncos you would get. Dealers would have had an issue for later reservation holders, but we have people that reserved in the first week still without their order. They did eventually tell dealers allocations would be an issue, but it was too late for most, and people were told they could transfer, but were never able to. Ford changed the rules every step of the way.
It will be their loss. Lots of people are moving on and never returning. Our Colorado "bronco club" has just as many NEW jeeps as Broncos, and the more Ford procrastinates, the more jeeps we will get. Eventually we will have to call it the Colorado Jeep club...with a few Broncos.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been following this since the beginning. Initially Ford allocations would be based on total number of Bronco reservations, so the more orders you got the more Broncos you would get. Dealers would have had an issue for later reservation holders, but we have people that reserved in the first week still without their order. They did eventually tell dealers allocations would be an issue, but it was too late for most, and people were told they could transfer, but were never able to. Ford changed the rules every step of the way.
It will be their loss. Lots of people are moving on and never returning. Our Colorado "bronco club" has just as many NEW jeeps as Broncos, and the more Ford procrastinates, the more jeeps we will get. Eventually we will have to call it the Colorado Jeep club...with a few Broncos.
That's pretty short sighted. If/When Ford gets their crap together there will be a steady stream of Broncos. Then your club will be more like 50/50. :p
Sponsored