Sponsored

Who Gets What? Is Ford treating all orders the same?

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Originally orders were to be built in the order received given consideration to constraints. It was set up this way thinking that people would stick to their local dealers. Then a few smaller dealers either game the system or were marketing geniuses depending on your perspective and took a ton of market share with generous offers that they advertised nationally. Not surprisingly a lot of the bigger dealers flipped their lids. They argued (and they do have a bit of a point) that for years they took vehicles from Ford that no one wanted to buy and sold them at little to no profit (think sedan lineup) and then the moment they release a hot product dealers who never had to take these slow sellers at the same #s swoop in and take over their market share. I don’t think it’s widely known that dealer contracts require a dealership to maintain certain ratios to prevent a dealership from saying all the profit is in F-150s so I’m going to be exclusively a F-150 dealership.

The big dealers cried foul and got the allocation formula changed for the MY22+. That’s why there is a lot of line jumping going around.
You make some good points about the allocation changes that Ford made to punish the dealerships that offered too good of a deal. I would have happily stayed with my local dealer instead of making a new later reservation with one offering a discounted price. I cancelled my original reservation because my local dealer well over a year ago told me the price would be market driven at the time of delivery. I can only imagine how badly they're screwing people now. Not wanting to be part of that I switched to a dealer that was "gaming" the system. Price was not the biggest factor, just not wanting to get screwed.
Sponsored