Sponsored

Who Gets What? Is Ford treating all orders the same?

RED06098

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m so happy to have been accepted to this forum. I am a current Wrangler owner whom is so excited about becoming a Bronco Owner. I love Jeep but they are dropping the ball on offering a bad ass stock vehicle. I am curious to how Ford is treating their orders. I am on Reddit and I see some people claiming they ordered vehicles in January and have a VIN and build date. I ordered a Wildtrak 4door w/ lux in 10/21. I get many vehicles are sitting on Ice Mtn because Ford seems to be treating new vehicles off line w/ greater respect. Not sure how that’s ok but different issue. I guess what I’m wondering is are they giving preferential treatment to certain dealers and their buyers over others. Thanks and if this has been discussed already my apologies.
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the club.
Parts constraints, dealership allotment, reservation date (I guess order date for you), and RNG, all factor into your build date/delivery date.
Good luck!

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a Bronco for my wife in early August of 2020, no Bronco. I know multiple people with first and 2nd day reservations in July 2020 that still don’t have Broncos. That should tell you everything you need to know about this process.

OP
OP

RED06098

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you, I hear that but I guess my main point is are people getting preferential treatment based on where they ordered. Or are some people telling lies. I don’t deserve mine before someone whom ordered before me and I expect the same. That’s all!!

Sponsored

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, I hear that but I guess my main point is are people getting preferential treatment based on where they ordered. Or are some people telling lies. I don’t deserve mine before someone whom ordered before me and I expect the same. That’s all!!
I was telling you this in a roundabout way. Yes, it’s a shit show. People are ordering Broncos and getting vins in a day while those of us who reserved, wait.

OP
OP

RED06098

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you, all good. Many different stories being told and not sure what to believe. If people are ordering similar models at a later time and get there orders sooner and share, then maybe we could shame FORD to do what’s right. No one likes a line cutter, but I have no hate or animosity towards them. (not their fault)I just want the order process to be transparent and fair. If enough people post and share we may be able to change the process. If someone has a build date they loose nothing so please share people.

OP
OP

RED06098

Wildtrak
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is not how the process for ordering is explained, order from your local dealer give them the 1k and your order is processed. I didn’t have a reservation but a 1k order hold. Not cool or fair. Obviously bigger dealers get more vehicles. However the 80% that goes to order holders is a different matter altogether. The 20% can go wherever they want. The pre orders however should be delivered based on when ordered.

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell, The Wait is a crapshoot with a myriad of shifting variables.

Cool thing about this community is the crazy amount of collective knowledge and folks willing to help.

Also, you WILL find and purchase a ton of aftermarket stuff before your truck arrives due to the recs here. 🤣

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m so happy to have been accepted to this forum. I am a current Wrangler owner whom is so excited about becoming a Bronco Owner. I love Jeep but they are dropping the ball on offering a bad ass stock vehicle. I am curious to how Ford is treating their orders. I am on Reddit and I see some people claiming they ordered vehicles in January and have a VIN and build date. I ordered a Wildtrak 4door w/ lux in 10/21. I get many vehicles are sitting on Ice Mtn because Ford seems to be treating new vehicles off line w/ greater respect. Not sure how that’s ok but different issue. I guess what I’m wondering is are they giving preferential treatment to certain dealers and their buyers over others. Thanks and if this has been discussed already my apologies.
Wrangler is a great open top 4x4, no ball dropped. And preferential treatment is largely due to filthy lucre. Big spenders will generally get Broncos earlier. It was always going to be that way. It's just getting dragged out and magnified, due to production issues and constraints.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally orders were to be built in the order received given consideration to constraints. It was set up this way thinking that people would stick to their local dealers. Then a few smaller dealers either game the system or were marketing geniuses depending on your perspective and took a ton of market share with generous offers that they advertised nationally. Not surprisingly a lot of the bigger dealers flipped their lids. They argued (and they do have a bit of a point) that for years they took vehicles from Ford that no one wanted to buy and sold them at little to no profit (think sedan lineup) and then the moment they release a hot product dealers who never had to take these slow sellers at the same #s swoop in and take over their market share. I don’t think it’s widely known that dealer contracts require a dealership to maintain certain ratios to prevent a dealership from saying all the profit is in F-150s so I’m going to be exclusively a F-150 dealership.

The big dealers cried foul and got the allocation formula changed for the MY22+. That’s why there is a lot of line jumping going around.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, all good. Many different stories being told and not sure what to believe. If people are ordering similar models at a later time and get there orders sooner and share, then maybe we could shame FORD to do what’s right. No one likes a line cutter, but I have no hate or animosity towards them. (not their fault)I just want the order process to be transparent and fair. If enough people post and share we may be able to change the process. If someone has a build date they loose nothing so please share people.
Lol we’ve been doing that for a year now. Ford just tells you to F off, blocks you on Twitter or tells the media they’re doing the best they can.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally orders were to be built in the order received given consideration to constraints. It was set up this way thinking that people would stick to their local dealers. Then a few smaller dealers either game the system or were marketing geniuses depending on your perspective and took a ton of market share with generous offers that they advertised nationally. Not surprisingly a lot of the bigger dealers flipped their lids. They argued (and they do have a bit of a point) that for years they took vehicles from Ford that no one wanted to buy and sold them at little to no profit (think sedan lineup) and then the moment they release a hot product dealers who never had to take these slow sellers at the same #s swoop in and take over their market share. I don’t think it’s widely known that dealer contracts require a dealership to maintain certain ratios to prevent a dealership from saying all the profit is in F-150s so I’m going to be exclusively a F-150 dealership.

The big dealers cried foul and got the allocation formula changed for the MY22+. That’s why there is a lot of line jumping going around.
This right here is fact. Well stated.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is not how the process for ordering is explained, order from your local dealer give them the 1k and your order is processed. I didn’t have a reservation but a 1k order hold. Not cool or fair. Obviously bigger dealers get more vehicles. However the 80% that goes to order holders is a different matter altogether. The 20% can go wherever they want. The pre orders however should be delivered based on when ordered.
There are people that ordered early from one particular smaller dealer (took 1000's of orders). This dealer is now only getting 10 broncos per month. So the math when order number 1700 will get their order at that rate. Where you order plays a huge factor.
Sponsored