Sponsored

Where Did the Granger Ford Allocation Update Thread Go?

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We got 2. That’s good, right?
Phil, that's two times this week that you have made me belly laugh!
Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does getting scheduled really matter anymore when, even if you are partially built, your truck is going to Ice Mountain for a yet undetermined amount of time?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's this from here on out.
Stay pumped!

1643840487034.png
I get the allocation thing caused some issues but that's not a good reason to completely go ghost. I mean, we have no idea what is going on. What we should be expecting and most importantly, what we should be telling customers when they ask for an update. I feel like there's going to be a melt down soon if Ford doesn't give us some type of statement as to what's going on. Chips? Continued commodity constraints? Forecast on constraints for the next 4 months? I can't see an end to this or even light at the end of the tunnel based on the complete lack of anything from Ford over the last few months.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does getting scheduled really matter anymore when, even if you are partially built, your truck is going to Ice Mountain for a yet undetermined amount of time?
Reservations, allocations, dirt mountain holds, air bag holds, constraint items, ice mountain holds. Yeah nothing really matters anymore.

Speaking for myself I'm not even going to stress it. When mine gets built and delivered I'll get excited. Until then I'm just going to sit back and wait and watch. It's completely out of all of our control.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can always email [email protected] for your spot. The post should still be up there.

We've received 11, 20, 11 and just received another allocation of 9. So I would assume a 10/month Bronco estimate is probably safe.
NINE?!?!?!?
Are you kidding me Ford ?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
some random dealership with 100 orders will get an allocation of 25-30 next scheduling. Plenty of walk ins will get high end, constrained Broncos while long term res holders still have to wait.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has created such a mess of this... and once again I will say that they have really mostly hurt the consumer who has been caught in the middle.

I have two orders - one of them a first day order and the other one was a few days later. Both orders are with Granger, although I am in SoCal. Why? The primary reason is that I simply don't have the time/energy to go interrogate several different local dealers in order to get a confirmed price in writing. I mean, seriously, that would take a considerable amount of effort. In contrast, Zach & Albert made it REAL easy to trust them AND they were on top of their game with Bronco ordering/timing knowledge AND they were very upfront with their pricing AND I wanted to support this kind of dealership. Unfortunately, Granger's pricing ruffled a lot of feathers but the 2021 allocation process - though not ideal, was reasonable. In fact, Zach took proactive steps to help reservation holders once he knew the then-newly communicated allocation algorithm. (This is when Zach announced even more aggressive discounting.... which would increase their number of reservation holders while simultaneously providing a great price to people who favored pricing over super-early delivery. All was good. Zach was exactly the guy I wanted in my corner.

But then Ford threw the big curveball... and absolutely screwed a lot of us. This happened when Ford pushed all of the 2021 orders to a 2022 model. OK, no big deal.... until they changed the rules of the allocation process. At each step - and with the assistance of Zach and his great staff, we always had eyes wide open.

So, with the new 2022 model allocation process - which in summary just screwed all of us who decided to go with Granger, each of us has had to decide to stay or go find another dealer. However, do you remember my aforementioned concern about the time and effort to go get straight talk and commitment from various (local) dealers??? It became even harder. Not only did you have to find a dealership willing to commit to pricing (at least at the GM level because any position under that churns every couple of months), but now you had to ask/understand/believe what they may tell you about their allocation. I say this task is virtually impossible.

I know I am on a bit of a rant here.... but I kind of feel like the only win I have against "the man" is to stay with Granger - through the thick and the thin. I'm very, very, interested to convert my order to the new Raptor Bronco... but I will only do that if I can stay with Granger.

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I leaned on my father a bit to get more information. Retired Ford engineer, so thought maybe he could get some insider information.

He doesn't know anyone on the Bronco team--retired before the Bronco project really took off. But from his old coworkers on the SuperDuty team it sounds like they're literally operating 2-4 weeks at a time. They can order tens of thousands of parts that are expected to arrive next week, but then something happens and the entire shipment gets delayed an entire month. Stuck in a rail yard somewhere, boat is stuck off the coast of Los Angeles, supplier Kentucky doesn't get their raw materials in time so they can't deliver their product to Ford in time, etc. etc.

It sounds like the entire supply chain is in a life raft and the moment they patch one hole in the life raft another pops up.

Happy to see that Bronco production numbers are going up, but in order to catch up and make a dent they need to be pulling F-150 numbers and it doesn't seem like the supply chain can support that right now.
Thanks for the insight. This makes sense.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger

can you get an allocation for a challenger jailbreak? If yes, any idea how long that would take?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I leaned on my father a bit to get more information. Retired Ford engineer, so thought maybe he could get some insider information.

He doesn't know anyone on the Bronco team--retired before the Bronco project really took off. But from his old coworkers on the SuperDuty team it sounds like they're literally operating 2-4 weeks at a time. They can order tens of thousands of parts that are expected to arrive next week, but then something happens and the entire shipment gets delayed an entire month. Stuck in a rail yard somewhere, boat is stuck off the coast of Los Angeles, supplier Kentucky doesn't get their raw materials in time so they can't deliver their product to Ford in time, etc. etc.

It sounds like the entire supply chain is in a life raft and the moment they patch one hole in the life raft another pops up.

Happy to see that Bronco production numbers are going up, but in order to catch up and make a dent they need to be pulling F-150 numbers and it doesn't seem like the supply chain can support that right now.
The people on this thread understand the supply chain issues. We get it.
The problem is that Ford is choosing to send the Broncos they are able to build to big dealers rather than dealers with lots of Bronco orders, even though Ford told us many times that was not what they were going to do.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

10 a month and how many orders do they have is the question. I understand allocation because I deal with it every day in my job. I know dealers just like granger have metrics to hit with Ford, and have ways to file complaints through state dealers laws and also protection as franchises. My guess is Ford’s hand was forced to change allocation based on other dealers ability to request to level the allocations. Who doesn’t want to be a part of the pie in one of the most hyped launches in some time. 13,000 units month / 3,000 dealers = 4 units average allocation assuming all dealers equal in sales, which we know is not the case. Add in regional allocations as well and things could get a bit more fuzzy. If Granger sales are $5m and they are getting 10 units I would say they are getting more than their historical allocation average. Granger is less than 1/100 size compared to the largest dealer Galpin at $700m annual. Using fuzzy math based on Granger allocation, Galpin should get ~1,400 a month. Anyone think Galpin is getting 10% of Bronco’s produced each month?

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yep that makes a lot of sense.

But how can like you said “pulling F-150 numbers” happen if there are supply chain issues? Or do these supply chain issues only apply to the Bronco and not F-150’s…

Deleted member 19285

10 a month and how many orders do they have is the question. I understand allocation because I deal with it every day in my job. I know dealers just like granger have metrics to hit with Ford, and have ways to file complaints through state dealers laws and also protection as franchises. My guess is Ford’s hand was forced to change allocation based on other dealers ability to request to level the allocations. Who doesn’t want to be a part of the pie in one of the most hyped launches in some time. 13,000 units month / 3,000 dealers = 4 units average allocation assuming all dealers equal in sales, which we know is not the case. Add in regional allocations as well and things could get a bit more fuzzy. If Granger sales are $5m and they are getting 10 units I would say they are getting more than their historical allocation average. Granger is less than 1/100 size compared to the largest dealer Galpin at $700m annual. Using fuzzy math based on Granger allocation, Galpin should get ~1,400 a month. Anyone think Galpin is getting 10% of Bronco’s produced each month?
I’d be fine with my dealer getting zero if it was going in order of reservation.
Sponsored